Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***BREAKROOM 6/15 to 6/21***

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
Going to make a good freezer alarm this time.
Call me crazy, but what good will an alarm do if no one is there to hear it?

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
The Janitor is sleeping in this morning so I have the duty...
Thanks Boss!

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Fresh Coffee is on and Mocha Almond in the carafe for Bob if he happens to drop by. Bacon, Eggs, Hash browns, Grits, Oatmeal, fresh fruit are all laid out on the counter Enjoy!
Hey now, you're gonna spoil 'em and they'll start to expect it everyday. Just like the restrooms; I clean 'em and instead of thanks I get, "Why can't you do this everyday?"

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
taking a break today, slowly working on Adirondack chairs , just for fun.
Are you actually IN the Adirondacks? Because if you're not, I don't see how they could be Adirondack chairs. Maybe you could call them Usny chairs. Start a new trend!

Morning all.

Spent the day yesterday pulling apart the planetary drives on the skidder to replace grease seals. There's lotsa parts in them things! Oh well, I got mosta them back in.

It is Saturday, June 21st, the 1st day of summer. From here on out the days get shorter and before you know it, it will be cold and snowy again!

1788 - The U.S. Constitution went into effect when New Hampshire became the ninth state to ratify it.

1834 - Cyrus McCormick patented the first practical mechanical reaper for farming. His invention allowed farmers to more than double their crop size.

1893 - The Ferris Wheel was introduced at the World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago, IL.

1913 - Georgia Broadwick became the first woman to jump from an airplane.

1940 - Richard M. Nixon and Thelma Catherine ‘Pat’ Ryan were married.

1941 - German troops entered Russia on a front from the Arctic to Black Sea.

1958 - In Arkansas, a federal judge let Little Rock delay school integration.

1963 - France announced that they were withdrawing from the North Atlantic NATO fleet.

1974 - The U.S. Supreme Court decided that pregnant teachers could no longer be forced to take long leaves of absence.

1985 - Scientists announced that skeletal remains exhumed in Brazil were those of **** war criminal Josef Mengele.

1989 - The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that burning the American flag as a form of political protest was protected by the First Amendment.

2004 - SpaceShipOne, designed by Burt Rutan and piloted by Mike Melvill, reached 328,491 feet above Earth in a 90 minute flight. The height is about 400 feet above the distance scientists consider to be the boundary of space.

Today's thought:
Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple is creativity.

It's 'Boss's Blend' c0ffee today!
Old 06-21-2014, 08:41 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Need at least 8ft of dirt to fool flir with...

Old 06-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Happy Saturday all y'all. We had some pretty awesome thuderstorms last night and then about 5 hours of rain. We do NOT need the rain! I need to get the lawn mowed and the garden tilled. Neither of those are going to happen until it dries out a bit. Even though Mother Nature isn't cooperating today is going to be a busy day. Our dog trainer is coming this afternoon for another session and then we have the annual 4H end of year banquet. The food at the banquet is always awesome - locally produced beef and lamb.

Play safe all y'all.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:58 PM

I could not do what you do full time. Thanks for all your hard work, my overweight American butt thanks you.
There's days I wonder, then next thing I know, it's next year already.
NEscott- reg tires on the sprayer or float tires?
46" rubber on the 7240, inner duals off, FWA with fronts set clear out, so they run in front of the tracks on the sprayer, for corn. Told the boss we need to come up with a way to engage a gear on the inside of the upper idlers, and attach a hydraulic motor to them. Wouldn't be fast, but with the tracks driving under 1600 gallons of spray, it should pull itself out. And our water weighs over 8 pounds/gallon for the minerals in it, not the 7.6 pound/gallon standard.
When I pulled in with a load of water, the co-op was filling their self-propelled across the road. 40 minutes later when I left, they were refilling. 40 minutes later, I had the trailer about half filled back up. And I had to wait on the sprayer when I got there.

Got a heavy gooseneck with a 1250 gallon tank, 4, 260-gallon totes on front, carry 3 chemicals, plus the 1250 gallons of water, and depending on which chemicals being used, another 260 gallons of water in the 4th tote. Used to be pulled with a pick-up, but now goes on the blowed-up semi.

Don't know if they are calling our drought broke or not, but it's sure good to have rain. Except for the mosquitoes. Stepped outside this morning to feed the cats and dog some canned food and about got carried away. Dumped about half of it on the porch and came inside.

That's how I tame my kittens. After a few cans they figure out who controls the food and get a little bit friendlier.
Knowing that guy, it'll call him, and if he doesn't answer, his next 3 next of kin.
Are you actually IN the Adirondacks? Because if you're not, I don't see how they could be Adirondack chairs
Isn't adirondack furniture characterized by the use of limbs, twigs, branches, etc, instead of finished lumber?
a person who favors the equal division of landed property
Isn't equal division part of communism?
Top, you are an admirable man of character. you should be the professor.
maybe you can experiment with ginger.......
That's just SICK!
Only thing wrong with how Ginger looked was that she looked really expensive.
Mary Anne, on the other hand...... I always thought she was the better looking one. And wasn't a complete dolt either.

Debating going to North Platte for Nebraskaland days... or Cambridge for Medicine Creek days.... Cambridge isn't as much driving.... by about 45 minutes each way.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Howdy gang - - finally got good internet here in Denali National Park. We are sitting in the restaurant having coffee and stealing Inet. Rainy and cold outside so neat afternoon to sit in the warm and catch up a bit. No time to go back and see what has been happening but hope all is well in sniffer land. Hopefully LEGGS has not been acting up again.

We head south on Tuesday toward Anchorage, the south a bit more. Then our son arrives and we can repeat it all for him. Fun.

Ya'll be good,

Bob
Old 06-21-2014, 08:20 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy all,

Originally Posted by chaikwa
People checking on the house would have caught it, but the alarm I am going to get sends a wireless signal to my router.
Since I already leave the router on for remote viewing of the camera system it will actually send an e-mail or call your cell phone if it alarms.
Also you can check the temperature over the internet.
Its a weird world when your freezer can call you. Be my luck I would get an alarm that likes to call 1-900 numbers.

Originally Posted by Scotty
Need at least 8ft of dirt to fool flir with...
Burning tires confuse FLIR.

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Knowing that guy, it'll call him, and if he doesn't answer, his next 3 next of kin.
Bingo. http://www.diycontrols.com/t-freeze-...son-chart.aspx
Old 06-21-2014, 09:47 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa

Are you actually IN the Adirondacks? Because if you're not, I don't see how they could be Adirondack chairs. Maybe you could call them Usny chairs. Start a new trend!
we have the alarms that call you, work pretty good. you can program 4 numbers and how they call. when the power goes off, they call anyways. nice to know that ahead of time......we disconnect them now.

no I am in the Alleghany mountains in sw new York.
using tree slabs, twisted vine (grape works nice) and going to carve details. this is a custom order. it will be finished in white with natural vine and some red hard berries (choke cherry). I will take a pic before I deliver them.
maybe......if you're nice. relaxing to plane them and spoke shave outdoors.

might use a black walnut seat instead of cut boards. see how it goes...

Shorts! I was pilsbury dough boy of sawdust, the fine stuff that powders...
Old 06-21-2014, 10:46 PM

Glad I stayed in tonight. Storm popped up over McCook and it just got here. The lightning rattled the windows, walls, and roof a few times. friend a few miles from McCook got an inch and a bunch of hail.
A really cold beer would have gone good with the pizza I heated up but there's none here. Danggit!