Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***BREAKROOM 6/15 to 6/21***

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 05:49 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
***BREAKROOM 6/15 to 6/21***

Mornin'.

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Scott friend is " haittsi"( high-tsee), your good friends are "pabi"(pah-vee), or " tami"(tahmee), brother or sister...
Thanks Chris. Tami woulda been a good name with a neat meaning.

Originally Posted by j_martin
I still laugh every time I remember the image of my wife, Mrs. Mercy, get her face all screwed up because she had to hurt me.
Next time, let me know. I would be happy to hurt you.

Sold Michael's 98 Dodge yesterday. Got 11 grand for it so I think we did pretty well!

It is Sunday, June 15th.

HAPPY FATHERS' DAY!

1607 - Colonists in North America completed James Fort in Jamestown, VA.

1667 - Jean-Baptiste Denys administered the first fully-documented human blood transfusion. He successfully transfused the blood of a sheep to a 15-year old boy.

1752 - Benjamin Franklin experimented by flying a kite during a thunderstorm. The result was a little spark that showed the relationship between lightning and electricity.

1775 - George Washington was appointed head of the Continental Army by the Second Continental Congress.

1836 - Arkansas became the 25th U.S. state.

1844 - Charles Goodyear was granted a patent for the process that strengthens rubber.

1846 - The United States and Britain settled a boundary dispute concerning the boundary between the U.S. and Canada, by signing a treaty.

1864 - An order to establish a military burial ground was signed by Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton. The location later became known as Arlington National Cemetery.

1877 - Henry O. Flipper became the first African American to graduate from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.

1898 - The U.S. House of representatives approved the annexation of Hawaii.

1911 - The Computing-Tabulating-Recording Co. was incorporated in the state of New York. The company was later renamed International Business Machines (IBM) Corp.

1916 - U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signed a bill incorporating the Boy Scouts of America.

1940 - The French fortress of Verdun was captured by Germans.

1944 - American forces began their successful invasion of Saipan during World War II.

1982 - In the capital city of Stanley, the Falklands war ended as Argentine troops surrendered to the British.

1983 - The U.S. Supreme Court reinforced its position on abortion by striking down state and local restriction on abortions.

1992 - It was ruled by the U.S. Supreme Court that the government could kidnap criminal suspects from foreign countries for prosecution.

1992 - U.S. Vice President Dan Quayle instructed a student to spell "potato" with an "e" on the end during a spelling bee. He had relied on a faulty flash card that had been written by the student's teacher.

Today's thought:
Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

I out together a special Fathers' Day coffee blend. Hope you all enjoy it!
Old 06-15-2014, 08:03 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Next time, let me know. I would be happy to hurt you.
Gee thanks. It's nice to have fiends willing to help.

Coffee's good. Where'd you get it?
Old 06-15-2014, 08:25 AM

I have a part manx cat that was so quick and strong in his prime it was scary. Sure glad he has a sweet personality.
We had a barn cat, 16 pounds of pure muscle, not a mean bone in him. Luckily. He liked people, you could pick him up, but as soon as he had enough, you were not going to hold onto him. Later on, you'd see him in the barn when it rained for more than a day and in winter, the rest of the time he was out hunting.
Been going through that all last year, doc said carpal tunnel, neck guy said nerve problem from neck, surgeon told me to sleep with my arm straight.
neurosurgeon said no problem, go to a chiropractor.
shoulder, bicep, then forearm and numb fingers painful thumb. don't let it get that far, tami
Chiropractor fixed my carpal tunnel. The nerve that gets pinched in the wrist is the same nerve that can get pinched coming out of the spine in the neck. Was going to an old-timer, but he put me in traction after adjusting and pulled my neck right back out. Went to a younger guy and he knew what the problem was, took a couple x-rays to see how (really) bad it was. Luckily the insurance I had at the time covered it, 3 visits/week for a month, 2/week for a couple more months. Could feel a difference in the first week though.

Don't be afraid to shop around for a good chiropractor. If you've got a headache by the time you get home, find another, he didn't do you a bit of good. One I went to, I barely got stood up and couldn't see straight.

Jarred my left shoulder right after I moved out here, bothered me on and off since. Started going to this new chiropractor last fall, after a couple visits one day I felt something move down under my shoulder blade, and the shoulder hasn't bothered me since.

Tail end of the storm that missed us and got Kearney and Grand Island last night. About 80 miles away. Had a pretty nasty looking one come in on us on its tail, and after all the theatrics it put out, it gave us a whopping .95".
Name:  041_zpsf54382e3.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  32.4 KB
Old 06-15-2014, 08:59 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning. Been up and about since before sunrise. Hey, the coffee is not bad today. Thinking about going back for a second cup.

Had a great day yesterday out in the country. No people around except the couple we took with us. All we could see were trees and the main sound we could hear was the wind in the pine needles. The smell of the fresh pines in that pristine air at 8,000 feet was fantastic. Wonder why home made potato salad in a scenario like that tastes better than at home? Only problem is that the sun at that altitude burns quickly, even when the temperature is not very hot.

Been asked to consider a run up to Lake Superior. Small chance I will go, but if I do, what is the average cost per gallon of diesel that I can use for my costs calculation?

May everybody who reads this have a fantastic day. May your problems begin to be history. Try the janitors coffee and see what that does to improve your outlook.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Glad I'm a Dad!
What an awesome day.
Enjoy the day and the week folks.

I'm going to suggest for this week that any word Chris posts has to be used in a sentence about Leggs or shrews.
We don't do that enough.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:37 AM

Where abouts on Lake Superior?
AAA has average prices
TA truckstops has a location finder with current fuel prices
As does pilot/flippin hook
Love's truck stops usually have smaller lots (even smaller than many Pilots) but are usually the cleanest inside. But their location finder leaves much to be desired.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:22 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
For those of you who have bad kids, happy fathers day. To those of you with good kids, hit them up for money.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:26 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Where abouts on Lake Superior?
AAA has average prices
TA truckstops has a location finder with current fuel prices
As does pilot/flippin hook
Love's truck stops usually have smaller lots (even smaller than many Pilots) but are usually the cleanest inside. But their location finder leaves much to be desired.

Eagle Harbor, Mi.

Thanks for the info. Good stuff.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Eagle Harbor, Mi.

Thanks for the info. Good stuff.
You DO know that any DTR member entering the state of Michigan has the obligation to stop and meet me, right?
<if that isn't enough to dissuade you from making that trip, nothing is!>

Afternoon y'all. Everyone happy with the ties and underwear they got for Fathers' Day?
Old 06-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
You DO know that any DTR member entering the state of Michigan has the obligation to stop and meet me, right?

Afternoon y'all. Everyone happy with the ties and underwear they got for Fathers' Day?
I drove to Indiana many times. Called you a few times to meet me.
Why didn't you just say that your perimeter bracelet would have the authorities chasing you after you went 5 miles away from your home?
Old 06-15-2014, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Scotty
I drove to Indiana many times. Called you a few times to meet me.
Why didn't you just say that your perimeter bracelet would have the authorities chasing you after you went 5 miles away from your home?
No, no! Let's clarify this, shall we?

You DID call, I'll give you that much. But it was to let me know, (twice), that you were under the gun to get somewhere and couldn't stop. The third time I was on my way to Massachusetts when you called.

Oh, and I can come and go as I please, I'm just too LAZY to go anywhere!

Old 06-15-2014, 05:46 PM

]

Oh really? Where is that written? In any case, why would I (or anybody else?) want to meet you? ? ? ? ?

Took a look at the route map out of curiosity in case I became temporarily insane enough to detour and meet you. I see that you would be quite a bit out of the way. Not impossible.

I really cannot see this long trip taking place, but am going thru the motions anyway to oblige my friend. Just cannot see the economics working out, especially with the continuously rising costs of diesel.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:50 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts

Been asked to consider a run up to Lake Superior. Small chance I will go, but if I do, what is the average cost per gallon of diesel that I can use for my costs calculation?
Now, about $4 a gallon. When Bagdad falls as planned, about $8 a gallon.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Oh really? Where is that written?
It is written right in post #9. You saw it, you responded to it!

In any case, why would I (or anybody else?) want to meet you? ? ? ? ?
How many people can say they have seen a UFO? How many a Sasquatch? The Loch Ness Monster? Well, if you meet me, you can claim you've seen at least ONE natural wonder!

Old 06-15-2014, 07:12 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, aren't you in fine form....what did Jake get you for father's day?

cat brought DH a mouse at 5AM.....

made apple French toast with maple syrup. secret that son took day off to surprise daddio....brunch , movie, motorcycle ride, ice cream and the big reveal- skydiving together on Friday. happy hubby.

I am whupped. hope all of you enjoyed a special moment or thoughts from your children

Quick Reply: ***BREAKROOM 6/15 to 6/21***