Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Star Wars Breakroom - May 4 - May 10 ***

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 06:01 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning.

Good coffee Lary. Gonna have some oatmeal here in a minute too.

Nice Saturday on the docket. Going to hit a Legs & Abs workout and then get ready and head out to a war bird museum, maybe grab some lunch and wander around.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Coffee is on and a fresh pot of phoo for restlessBob...hot oatmeal and pancakes, eggs are ready to fry.

Get up and get with it! lots of chores to keep everyone busy today, take time to tell your significant other you love him or her
Mmmm coffee. Extra hard day yesterday working on the truck, pulled slip tank, repaired/replaced. Fixed several pieces that broke cracked or fell apart over the winter.
Moving a fence today. Got post spikes and my sledge hammer.

LEGG
Old 05-10-2014, 09:27 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Moving a fence today. Got post spikes and my sledge hammer.
What is the sledge hammer for? I thought you drove those spikes in the ground with your head?
Old 05-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Coffee is on and a fresh pot of phoo for restlessBob...hot oatmeal and pancakes, eggs are ready to fry.

Get up and get with it! lots of chores to keep everyone busy today, take time to tell your significant other you love him or her
What is the sledge hammer for? I thought you drove those spikes in the ground with your head?
I done learned it better now. Your 'use your head' speech was taken too literally.
This way feels better.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
The word of the day is: Plethora
Heads up then, Mondays word is gonna be Ostentatious, or maybe just an ostentatious word ....
There seems to be a plethora of ostentatious posts in this weeks thread.
... I've talked to two different rescue groups and have been turned down for adopting a dog from them....,
Unfortunately, from what I've seen lately, the majority of the so-called 'Rescue' groups seem to be pretty full of themselves. Some of them even have adoption fees that would rival the price of a purebred puppy in the breed of your choice. I understand the need to investigate the prospective adopter, but they take it to the extreme. Half of them won't even get back to you after you contact them. And yet they wonder why they have so many animals that are un-adopted.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
That is ambiguous - - it will require elucidation for some to understand.
Huh?

Spent Tuesday thru Friday at Disney in Florida, and on their dime... thank God! If you're contemplating taking your family there, make sure you have about 5 grand to spend. And that's if you just want the basics, nothing extra. Our room was over $500 a nite and meals averaged $120 to $160 each just for 2 people. Cheapest meal we had was Thursday nite at a poolside food cart kinda thing. 2 burgers with fries and 2 soda's were around $45. I'll admit Disney is quite an experience, especially Epcot, but I don't think I'd willingly spend as much as it requires myself. I also don't think any kid under the age of 7 or 8 would be a good choice to bring to Disney. How can you expect a 3 to 6 year old to wait in line up to 2 hours to get into an attraction or ride and not be a total brat when they get there? Average wait times, even with what they call 'Fast-Pass' was over an hour. One ride in the Magic Kingdom had a wait time of 270 minutes! Epcot has some truly wonderful stuff, but I don't think kids under 8 or so could be interested in a lot of it.
We DID have a good time tho and even Jake had a ball. Saw a lot of stuff BECAUSE of Jake. If a dog could smile and laugh, Jake came as close as it gets!

Mickey himself gave Jake his ear hat and the mouse doll:

I think Jake really got the idea that this was something special somehow. I've never seen him so 'into' meeting people or the characters. And meeting/greeting people is something he does everyday.

The 'cast members' (which is what every Disney employee is called), even cleared an area around the statue so their photographers and us could get an unobstructed pic of Jake.

For Jake, sleeping wasn't an issue at the end of every day!

We're in Pensacola now, leisurely making our way back to Michigan. We might make it by Tuesday or Wednesday.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Very Neat! If you are going thru my way on I-65, stop by and let me give Jake an ear rub. You are welcome also..... I'm about 20 minutes from I-65 in Elizabethtown KY.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:41 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Good evening all y'all.
Chaikwa, those are awesome picture of Jake.
A buddy of mine was out here putting new batteries in his RV this afternoon. It is a windy day and as he was holding a battery a bunch of the white powdery corrosion stuff on the post of the old battery blew right into his eye. We flushed it lots, irrigated with synthetic tears and a couple of drops of Visine. It wasn't enough, he is now in ER getting his eye irrigated. Poor guy, he is a trainwreck when he is here. I swear he hurts himslef somehow, every time he is here.

My sister and her hubby and kids are on the way for the night. Tomorrow is her birthday and it is also Mother's Day and Auntie's Day. The Auntie's Day is our thing, started by my sister years ago. DW and I don't have kids and when my mom passed away 5 years ago DW and I started doing things with the kids that the grandparents normally would so my sister decided she deserved Auntie's Day. Ribs have been cooking low and slow for 4 hours already, home fries are cut and ready to go and DW is making spinach salad that we all really love. Breakfast will be pancakes and breakfast sausage from a recipe that a certain DTR member in NW New York State shared with me. If nothing else, we eat well and enjoy life.
The only dark cloud on the horizon is that we had to put our dog down on Mother's Day last year.
Have an awesome evening everyone. I likely won't be closing the breakroom down tonight, be busy with family.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:01 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
evening all..
Busy day today, finishing up a reno on the second floor of the house.
Started almost a year ago, gutted the whole second floor, tore out all the lathe & plaster, since it was cracked and loose beyond repair. Hung drywall, then got side tracked by the drain tile/septic line/water line thing..
finished making custom trim for all the doors and windows and got it all hung today, got wainscoting hung in the entry way and up the steps.. tomorrow I'm skipping the family get-together at my MIL's so I can finish the wainscoting and get it all painted.. we should then be done and I can think about getting some fishing time in!
We pick-up Karma Wednesday evening!! THE BOSS is still half-hearted about the whole thing, but I think once she gets a big slobbery kiss, other than from me, she'll get over it..

Scott, you're right on the money(pun intended) about those rescue groups.. there's one that says on thier website that their base "rehoming fee" is $600, more if they have to have the dog spayed or started on HW medication. I can get a papered pup for $400 or less... some of them are just ridiculous...

well, there's a hot shower calling my name, y'all have a good time with yer moms in the morning,
remember, buy your mom some good wine! after all you're the reason she drinks!
Old 05-11-2014, 12:35 AM

53 hours. In 4 days. Another good week and corn should all be in the ground. IF the tractor holds together all day for more than a day. Bad resistor (not sure why a resistor in a wire to the alternator), alternator, bad hydraulic remote valves, and now either the fuel filter or the tank vent. It keeps coming back to life so I don't think the filter's bad, but it's getting one anyhow. The 12 row planter is a little slower planting than the 16row, but it sure seems a lot less complicated somehow.

The Steiger's got 3 remotes on it. And out of the 6 places to plug in a hydraulic hose, there is 1 that has over 1600 PSI. And that's there the hose that lowers the planter has to plug in, because it takes over 2200 to force the pressure relief valves open to lower it evenly. And of course, that makes the lever backwards.

Pensacola is a little out of the way isn't it? Heading over to Mobile then north? Farthest west I got in Florida was Defuniak Springs, ran up to Andalusia, AL, and then on north to 65. Always liked getting off the interstates in southern Georgia and Alabama.

Hey it's Sunday. Oh, well. Someone else can open the new breakroom, I'm too tired.

Oh, that tractor's the wrong green.

I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan, but I like "the last samurai".