Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** The Christmas is getting awfully close breakroom 12/7/15 - 12/13/15 ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 06:12 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning People!

Coffee is on and fresh phoo for you know who

We have Bacon, Ham, Pork Chops and Sausage...Eggs cooked to order and biscuits in the oven. Fresh fruit and hot cereal for those that prefer something on the healthier side

Dig in and start your day off with the energy to succeed

Be SAFE and enjoy your weekend!
Old 12-13-2014, 06:39 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Good morning.
Lary, thanks for the coffee etc. I'll have a big western omelet please. Extra salsa too. Throw a couple of fat sausage links on the side.

Going to take it a bit easy today. Need to chase down an elusive brake light problem on my truck. This evening going to a graduation of one of the orphanage kids. Been working with this young woman now for a few years and for the last 4 years she has been working at Sika and going to university part time. This is her university graduation. We are all so proud of her. It's just a small private party for the ones that have been involved on this program.

Nice clear day today so far, but may even rain a bit tonight. That's OK, we could use some rain. This weekend is a good time to stay away from Mexico City. It is the virgin of Guadalupe time again. Yesterday there were about 7,000,000 people around the basilica there. Hate crowds and this is an extreme crowd!

May be back here later. Only for more coffee of course.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:30 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, this week has flown. Gone bye bye - - didn't get enough done. Rats.

.........................Ph00...............Thanks Lary.

Stan, had the same problem on my 03. Ended up replacing the plastic Uhhhh, don't know what to call it - - plastic piece that holds the light bulbs. The heat of the bulb melts the plastic around the metal base of the bulb and causes intermittent problems. I was on a trip with the fiver when mine started dinging, then quit, then ding, then quit - - I thought I was becoming a ding-a-ling (don't even think about it!!!!!!!!!). I noted a post on here about that piece having problems. I pulled the lens, one by one pulled the bulbs and found melted plastic on the ends of two bulbs. Replace both sides - -cost about $20 each from dealer. No problems since.

Off to fight the war - - - ...........................refill.................

Bob
Old 12-13-2014, 07:59 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Bob, thanks for the advice, but have already dealt with that problem a couple of years ago. My problem now is weird. It started with the brake lights staying on all the time. Finally disconnected the wire from the trailer brakes to the factory brake wire. That made the brake lights work correctly, except for about a 2 second delay. When I push on the brake pedal, the brake lights do not come on for almost 2 seconds and when I release the brake pedal, the brake lights stay on for almost 2 seconds. Later this morning will disconnect the power wire going to the trailer brakes. I am almost certain that all the problems are centered around the trailer brakes.

Have another electrical problem that I do not think is connected to this, but with the complex electrical systems on our trucks, one never knows. For years now, the aux switch position would be intermittent for the radio and windows. When I jiggled the key, it would sometimes work. Ahh, that's simple - or so I thought. I am aware of the switch problems on our trucks, so went to O'Reily's and bought a replacement switch. Installed the new switch and now the windows work fine in the aux position, but the radio will not work at all. Have not yet tried to chase this one down.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:36 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Mmmm good breakfast spread.

Our jeep had the melted sockets.
The ram had melted sockets in the dash controls for HVAC.
I won't say anything about Bobby dingalinging. Nope not gonna mention it even once.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:34 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Old 12-13-2014, 12:16 PM

Received 422 Likes on 323 Posts
Good, bad, indifferent, morning, afternoon, evening (pick whichever applies) everyone. Ah, the delightful smell of burnt coffee in the bottom of the pot. Did you know the concentrate in the bottom makes for some good coffee? Just add hot water and serve. Yum.
Spent the last week fighting corporate political correctness games. I may get fired yet.
Fun weather, lots of freezing fog. More rain/snow/freeze/thaw on the way. Glad I got good studded snow tires.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:27 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jm, why the blackscreen? is it my computer blocking it out? no pic.......

cougar, you handsome devil! good to hear you are well enough to cause trouble!

stan, fiver, scotty as well- hate electrical ghosts....happy I get to pass that to electrical hubby..... did have the trailer brake delay, it was a damaged ground.

hunters here this weekend, surprised by a bear trailing them this AM. at least they got to see 8 deer.....muzzleloader season.

beef stew, rolls and red velvet/frosted cupcakes, Christmas sugar cookies!
enjoy your weekend fellas!!!
Old 12-13-2014, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme

stan, fiver, scotty as well- hate electrical ghosts....happy I get to pass that to electrical hubby..... did have the trailer brake delay, it was a damaged ground.

hunters here this weekend, surprised by a bear trailing them this AM. at least they got to see 8 deer.....muzzleloader season.

beef stew, rolls and red velvet/frosted cupcakes, Christmas sugar cookies!
enjoy your weekend fellas!!!

Sitting here drinking tea and guzzling ginger cookies.

Heidi, where was that bad ground located?
Old 12-13-2014, 02:35 PM

works on mine. Here's the video link. Put it into search at you tube.

UaEC-lWSlmI
Old 12-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Me too, mom. Been doing that for quite a while. Sometimes the link is at the top and I can get in.

Tired - - working too much. Gotta quit this stuff. Better grab another ph00 and relax. Later.

Bob
Old 12-13-2014, 02:51 PM

hoo-boy.... hard to keep up with the creative programming around here.

I used the usual yoo tube bracket procedure. Let me try a link.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:10 PM

Received 422 Likes on 323 Posts

My 2 favorite says:
1. I'm not happy until your not happy.
and
2. Misery loves company.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:33 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
hoo-boy.... hard to keep up with the creative programming around here.

I used the usual yoo tube bracket procedure. Let me try a link.
I have been able to see it since you posted it.....sounds like a browser issue...
Old 12-13-2014, 05:17 PM

This time I just dropped the URL in the editor and let it auto embed and it worked fine.

The BBS program is changing. The browsers are changing. Firewalls are changing. More and more sales cross linking crap is interfering. It amazes me that anything works at all sometimes.

Quick Reply: *** The Christmas is getting awfully close breakroom 12/7/15 - 12/13/15 ***