Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** The Christmas is getting awfully close breakroom 12/7/15 - 12/13/15 ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 10:26 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
*** The Christmas is getting awfully close breakroom 12/7/15 - 12/13/15 ***

Well all y'all and you 'uns,
We have another week in the books and another week to look forward to.
DW and I have been involved in a yoga and self-discovery journey since July. I am not going to get all preachy since we both still have enough vices to keep any fundamentalists busy for decades BUT one thing we are learning is to live a balanced life in the present. It is a good thing to do.
Now, to the good parts of life. DW made a HUGE batch of salted caramel yesterday. I have never had it before but I will have it again. There is a huge platter of it on the counter for olive ewe.

For the healthier minded we have breakfast. Poached eggs on English muffins, bacon, grits, corned beef hash and a smorg of fresh berries and other fruit.

Enjoy all y'all and see you on the flip side.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:28 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Well my, my - - - didn't you have fun. I am digging in - - poached egg on muffy, some wonderful grits, fruit and some ph00 - - uhhh -- - ph00???? OH well, we will let that one slide since everything else looks wonderful. Ph00 and coffee are on and ready.

Grabbing mine and getting my day started...................

Bob
Old 12-07-2014, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, christmas is getting closer, grabbing a cup and then go put wintertires on GFs car.
Even the cat seems to know it's about that time of the year...

Slev
Attached Thumbnails *** The Christmas is getting awfully close breakroom 12/7/15 - 12/13/15 ***-1417952758251.jpg  
Old 12-07-2014, 06:24 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Morning. Nice spread this morning, thanks. Had a big party here last night, so will add some leftovers to the grub on the counter. Instead of ph00 and coffee, try some atole. Lots of yummy gorditas and sundry fillings as well. You can finish off with red or green tamales covered with freshly heated beans. The gorditas were made fresh right here last night.

Heading out later this morning to join some of the family at a restaurant for more food.

Slev, your cat looks kinda grumpy.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:16 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Enchiladas last night for upper and tamales for breakfast..Thanks STAN!

No big plans today, oil change and maybe go stock up on some "Essentials" at the gun range. Grandson will soon be learning about black powder....(If Grandpa will loan his stuff to him)

Stopped by Cabellas in Louisville last night. What a madhouse. Only had 4 cans of powder on the shelf. No idea what they suited, all names I have never heard of. Did have a good stock of .22 though.

Have a great week and be careful!
Old 12-07-2014, 07:48 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
Enchiladas last night for upper and tamales for breakfast..Thanks STAN!

No big plans today, oil change and maybe go stock up on some "Essentials" at the gun range. Grandson will soon be learning about black powder....(If Grandpa will loan his stuff to him)

Stopped by Cabellas in Louisville last night. What a madhouse. Only had 4 cans of powder on the shelf. No idea what they suited, all names I have never heard of. Did have a good stock of .22 though.

Have a great week and be careful!
Had a lot of snow here last year. Anywhere north of Minneapolis, the wolves and yotes had a good time chasing dear floundering in the deep snow. Last year, you could shoot anything anywhere, and in the southern part of the state, 4 more provided they were antlerless. This year, it was bucks only up north, and only 1 anywhere else. Looks like the fire arms deer harvest is down about 25% from last year. I suspect a lot of folks are dusting off their smoke poles and trying to get at least one speed beef on the table during muzzle loader season.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:00 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Fresh made moose sausage in the George Foreman grillz.
Neighbors made a batch.

Flushed the heater core and first thing I found was no anti freeze in it. I was adding anti freeze and burping it for a couple hours last week. So I flushed anyway, and added almost a whole gallon with a whole lot more air belching out. I have heat but there's still a big difference in temp from floor which is scorching hot to defrost...warm/hot and vents...barely warm and left vents have cold air even when closed and passenger side warm and no flow when off. Pondering why.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:07 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
41° hot and windy. Supposed to get some rain this afternoon.
Been playing scam the craigslist scamer this morning. It finally quit texting me.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:18 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
This year, it was bucks only up north, and only 1 anywhere else. Looks like the fire arms deer harvest is down about 25% from last year. I suspect a lot of folks are dusting off their smoke poles and trying to get at least one speed beef on the table during muzzle loader season.
It's 2 and 2 here this year. Yotes are running pretty hard right now. Might have to try to fix that. I commented last week about a doe I encountered on the road. Could have touched her as I went past. Had another guy show me a video of a buck he moved off the road by pushing it with the pushbar on his cruiser. Fish and game had him shoot it, no visible injuries other than the obvious. Head is sent in for testing. Hope we aren't getting blue tongue or wasting disease in the area. Does make me wonder though.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:08 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Fresh made moose sausage in the George Foreman grillz.
Neighbors made a batch.

Flushed the heater core and first thing I found was no anti freeze in it. I was adding anti freeze and burping it for a couple hours last week. So I flushed anyway, and added almost a whole gallon with a whole lot more air belching out. I have heat but there's still a big difference in temp from floor which is scorching hot to defrost...warm/hot and vents...barely warm and left vents have cold air even when closed and passenger side warm and no flow when off. Pondering why.
Some, if not all of our heaters have a damper in them that proportions air between the heater core and bypass/AC condenser. If it doesn't transfer fully, or the fuzzy seals get a little too fuzzy, you'll get the cold air through the vents treatment.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find out why.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Some, if not all of our heaters have a damper in them that proportions air between the heater core and bypass/AC condenser. If it doesn't transfer fully, or the fuzzy seals get a little too fuzzy, you'll get the cold air through the vents treatment.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find out why.
I'm wondering why just driver's side. Looking at the heater box and the dual plenums/single (not dual climate), I 'should' be getting cold out both sides. One day soon the mission shall be complete.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Sunday all y'all. It is a beautiful warm day here on the edge of the Canadian Prairies. It is a few degrees above freezing, no wind and bluebird skies with not a cloud to be seen.
I was rather worried about how the night was going to go last night. At 10pm it was just above freezing and pouring rain. The rain continued until about 3am and the temperature had dropped below freezing but it wasn't the ice covered nightmare I was expecting this morning.

I hope everyone has had a good Sunday. Bob sorry about forgetting the pH00 and coffee for the breakroom this morning. My bad.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:18 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great cat Slev!

Aw man, I forgot my tamales in the work fridge!. The whole dozen better be there when I get there in the morning. Or else...or else ...well I don't know what else but it'll be something.

Continuing watching Band of Brothers tonight. Started it yesterday. Watched it a thousand times but it is appropriate for the day that will live in infamy.

Edit: crapes wrong day.. how embarassing. Pearl Harbor.

Yall have a good evening.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:28 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning. Hope that it is indeed a very good morning and and good day for all of you. Or in Scotty's case, olive ewe. Poor guy!
Short's sounded somewhat discombobulated last night. May you have an undiscombobulated day today.
Coffee and ph00 is ready.
Getting my day started. Bye.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:40 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning!
Hah yes, yesterday was my Monday. I need much a combobulated day.

Heading out the door. I flipped the coffee switch so the hot pot is on.

Have a good one yall

Quick Reply: *** The Christmas is getting awfully close breakroom 12/7/15 - 12/13/15 ***