Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** The Christmas is getting awfully close breakroom 12/7/15 - 12/13/15 ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like it use to in here huh.
Just reading about j Martins computer chaos puts a smile on my face, the boss at work told us some time ago that they will get a new computersystem next year, if they do, I have no doubt that they will goof it up.
Weatherguy says it'll be stormy tomorrow, and then rainy and slightly colder, I'm still waiting for the snow, maybe that'll be a while.
Gonna grab a cup of this aahhh.

Slev
Old 12-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi gang -- - back from the woods. Fun seeing all the wild life out there. Had two gators in the pond - - amazing the tilapia are still there. Some nice size ones. Good too. Had an extra cow in the pasture. Seems like the bull from next door did not like our bull - - ours somehow got across the fence into their pasture. Popped a couple wires down to get our bull back and this extra steer followed our bull. Could not get it back home. DUH

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
gonna dream of sandy, warm beaches and really good fish....
Not this week, but next week will work. We may head up to the house in NC the week after Christmas. I have not had any snow yet this year except the few sprinkles on the way to Alaska.

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Coffee is on, fresh phoo for Bob and warm goodies right out of the oven on the counter.
OK, how did you remember I would be home today. Wow, you are with it. I am grabbing my ph00 and go jump in the shower. Tired, dirty, stinky and heading for party tonight - - better get presentable or the Mrs. will leave me in the car. .....................................

Later gators,

Bob
Old 12-11-2014, 03:08 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well, the pull behind mower turns out to have a "gotcha". It has a Briggs 13 HP I/C on it. Hooked a battery to it and hit the key. one revolution and "clunk"! Popped the valve cover and find the exhaust spring keeper loose, wear cap laying in the bottom.

Pulled the plug, gently tried to rotate by hand. CLUNK! Put the parts where they belong, CLUNK!

Guess I'll open it up. I can see the piston moving through the plug hole, so I'm betting the cam has let go.

Bummer! (And Loretta asked again why I drug it home!!)
Old 12-11-2014, 05:14 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
Well, the pull behind mower turns out to have a "gotcha". It has a Briggs 13 HP I/C on it. Hooked a battery to it and hit the key. one revolution and "clunk"! Popped the valve cover and find the exhaust spring keeper loose, wear cap laying in the bottom.

Pulled the plug, gently tried to rotate by hand. CLUNK! Put the parts where they belong, CLUNK!

Guess I'll open it up. I can see the piston moving through the plug hole, so I'm betting the cam has let go.

Bummer! (And Loretta asked again why I drug it home!!)
You could tie it behind your ride and take it for a 'spin'.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:57 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evening yall.
Action packed day. Glad to see the week close though. I'm mentally exhausted. I shall sleep. Sleep. Sleep I say.

JWBM, sorry about your hurts and the wasted trip to the Doc. It's pretty lame people flake with no regard for their responsibilities.

Chaikwa good to see you.

All the fellers, there's cookies on the counter.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Hello in there.... in there.... in there.... in there

Where'd everybody go. It's been 5 3/4 hours.

mmmm spoon stands up in the coffee... Just right.

Work.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:36 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning yall.
It was good to sleep in today. I get my cable and internet installed today, yeehaw.

Coffee is hot and there's tamales in the fridge.

Have a good one.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:40 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Morning. Thanks Shorts for the coffee etc.
Up and running already. Got to be on the road in about 2 hours and still have lots of stuff to do before I leave.
Bye.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:45 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Morning folks!....Mmmmmmm tamales Thanks Shorts!

Have a SAFE day people!
Old 12-12-2014, 07:09 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hello shorts/Stan/twinner and the rest of ewe.

Enjoy the day.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi gang,

Made ph00 - - - took some..........................later...........

Bob
Old 12-12-2014, 12:55 PM
DTR Mom

Shorty SHORTS!!!! good to hear life has found you a playa! hope the radio calls keep the engines and coppers relaxed wondering aboutcha. lol
so good to hear from ya, well on the way for some fun!

Saw ADMIN Tim sneek in last night, stay safe and keep skin on yer knuckles.

interesting on the results (sherod, JM, Fiver, Scotty, Stan) nice to share in the breakroom, where others can say " yup. I hear ya". been there, still frustrating, then laugh.

simple snow shoveling off a couple decks felt better than any medical phone calls this week. with all the Christmas lights, I think I'd be better off doing my own MRIs......

Slev, sending you New York's finest snow.....
Old 12-12-2014, 01:03 PM
DTR Mom

learning different media transfers. and fighting a pop up blocker.

here is my brother in law with his second buck, first a four point at 230 yards. then this record (he won't get it scored or mounted) at 30 feet and looking away from him. the brother to this buck was not symmetrical and had a spread of 54 inches, that guy had it mounted. NY/PA line, literally outside the back door. 3 1/2 years old.

soooo, if you think things are going badly, remember that fate turns on a dime.....
a Christmas present for all ewe hunters....
Attached Thumbnails *** The Christmas is getting awfully close breakroom 12/7/15 - 12/13/15 ***-img_9345.jpg  
Old 12-12-2014, 01:08 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Tore the head off the engine on my "good deal". Found bits of metal chunks floating on top of the piston. No hole, a few dings. Pulled the valves, no broken edges or bad dents. Said "what the heck" and put it back together. Now has compression, but still didn't fire up. Told Loretta I'd help her in the house today, so guess I'll let the shop gremlins fix it for me.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:15 PM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by sherod
Tore the head off the engine on my "good deal". Found bits of metal chunks floating on top of the piston. No hole, a few dings. Pulled the valves, no broken edges or bad dents. Said "what the heck" and put it back together. Now has compression, but still didn't fire up. Told Loretta I'd help her in the house today, so guess I'll let the shop gremlins fix it for me.
broken rings make a nice clunk as well, think I will open this barn door and grab some tools....... don't need a light, have my own internal beacon- just point my finger and shoot some flashing green and red light at the motor, shhhhhhh

Quick Reply: *** The Christmas is getting awfully close breakroom 12/7/15 - 12/13/15 ***