Off Road / 4x4 OffRoad discussion, along with 4x4 events and information.

Sign This And Stop These people!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sign This And Stop These people!!

Sign This And Stop These people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an offroader, this is highly significant to me. This is wrong. Read about this organization of s here @ Thrillcraft http://www.stopthrillcraft.org/index.htm

and sign the petition here:

~*~*ALL AGAINST "THRILLCRAFT"*~*~ Petition
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...rillcraft.html
Old 01-20-2009, 09:04 PM

signed, I hate seeing groups of people just trying to kill someones fun . Being in Washington state, not the worst state to be in, but its still not a good state to be in if you are someone who is into dirt biking or any off-road fun, land always being blocked off to users .

they will say anything

"The typical jet ski dumps an average of 3 gallons of gasoline directly in the water for every hour of operation"

a jet ski hardly uses 3 gallons an hour, what would it run on ?
Old 01-20-2009, 09:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a joke... Who ever though of that is absolutley nuts and they must have been tromitized as a infant or something... How anybody could think so rediciously is beyond me... They should be shot, "IT is not a threat, just a suggestion"
Old 01-20-2009, 09:47 PM

Sounds Like someone is a Homebody or is jealous they cant have nice expensive toys and big truck to haul them as they say. That is such bull. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion I guess… It sure wouldn’t be mine!!!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well my problem is while I agree that the machines don't do as much harm as these people clam. My problem is the people operating them, I go wheeling quite a bit and sorry if closing land is the only way to keep drunkards from doing stupid **** with trucks, atvs and the like oh well. Not saying any of you are that way, but I have pulled enough drunk people out of places to know we need to police ourselves better first. Its the few that ruin it for the rest of us.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:01 PM

The narrator of the video, or whoever wrote it really got me ticked off when I heard "Some say it's just a few bad apples.....It's not just a few bad apples....the whole barrel is rotten." I'm so angered by that statement right now, just totally PO'd that someone actually lumped us all together and called us rotten. I'm signing....

Someone needs to make an answer video for theirs, explain the facts stright up. 3 gallons of gas dumped into the water my ****!

EDIT: Going to borrow your thread for another board.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:27 AM
madhat's monkey boy...

Wow, these people are nuts! Here are 2 quotes I would like to address:

"One summer-long study on Assateague Island, Virginia found an average of 10 ghost crabs on wild beach plots, only one crab on plots with "light off-road vehicle use" and only 0.3 crabs per plot with "heavy off-road vehicle use." Importantly, this research concluded that "pedestrians appear to have no harmful effects on ghost crabs." (Leatherman, Barrier Island Handbook, 1988)"

They performed studies before they opened those particular areas for off road use because they had minimal aquatic life there before. The deal about jet ski's.... OK, they are comparing 2 strokes but I would LOVE to know where they got this info:

"An average two-hour "thrill" ride on a PWC can dump between 3 and 4 gallons of gas and oil into the water. The California Air Resources Board also reported that a day’s ride on a 100 horsepower jet ski emits the same amount of smog-forming air pollution as driving 100,000 miles in a modern passenger car."

I dont know how many here have ridden jet skis before but I know a very hard day of riding for me uses 15-20 gallons of gas. Let me show you where their logic is all messed up.
100k in their tree hugger car (Prius 48mpg) uses 2083.33 gallons of gas. Using their quote, you tell me how you can burn gas 104.2X more cleanly than a jet ski 2 stroke? It cant. 1 gallon of gas makes "x" ammount of pollution no matter what anyone tells you. The pollution can be changed from one form to another but is still pollution. Catyllitic converters do just that, convert from one form to a more accepted form.

Their logic makes me sit here and pull my hair out. I know that growing up on ATV's and dirt bikes have made me a better driver on the roads and kept me away from drugs and other trouble growing up. Their kids sit there all doped up on Ritalin until they are 16 and do not know how to function behind the wheel of anything but an Xbox controller. I know I am stereotyping here but I have seen many like this.

It frustrates me and we need to keep up the fight so our children can enjoy the same things we have during our youth. The first step is policing ourselves, especially on public land.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by matego
Wow, these people are nuts! Here are 2 quotes I would like to address:

"One summer-long study on Assateague Island, Virginia found an average of 10 ghost crabs on wild beach plots, only one crab on plots with "light off-road vehicle use" and only 0.3 crabs per plot with "heavy off-road vehicle use." Importantly, this research concluded that "pedestrians appear to have no harmful effects on ghost crabs." (Leatherman, Barrier Island Handbook, 1988)"

They performed studies before they opened those particular areas for off road use because they had minimal aquatic life there before. The deal about jet ski's.... OK, they are comparing 2 strokes but I would LOVE to know where they got this info:

"An average two-hour "thrill" ride on a PWC can dump between 3 and 4 gallons of gas and oil into the water. The California Air Resources Board also reported that a day’s ride on a 100 horsepower jet ski emits the same amount of smog-forming air pollution as driving 100,000 miles in a modern passenger car."

I dont know how many here have ridden jet skis before but I know a very hard day of riding for me uses 15-20 gallons of gas. Let me show you where their logic is all messed up.
100k in their tree hugger car (Prius 48mpg) uses 2083.33 gallons of gas. Using their quote, you tell me how you can burn gas 104.2X more cleanly than a jet ski 2 stroke? It cant. 1 gallon of gas makes "x" ammount of pollution no matter what anyone tells you. The pollution can be changed from one form to another but is still pollution. Catyllitic converters do just that, convert from one form to a more accepted form.

Their logic makes me sit here and pull my hair out. I know that growing up on ATV's and dirt bikes have made me a better driver on the roads and kept me away from drugs and other trouble growing up. Their kids sit there all doped up on Ritalin until they are 16 and do not know how to function behind the wheel of anything but an Xbox controller. I know I am stereotyping here but I have seen many like this.

It frustrates me and we need to keep up the fight so our children can enjoy the same things we have during our youth. The first step is policing ourselves, especially on public land.
You should e-mail what you said to them.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:45 AM

just signed!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 02:54 PM

signed the 3334th signature
Old 02-25-2009, 03:44 PM

What does "smog-forming" mean??? It's all a twist of words to get people to believe stuff that isn't true. Common sense people!