NJDTR #37 Forum for the New Jersey chapter #37

Bad Diesel !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Diesel !!!

Hey guys , got a tank of fuel LOADED with water from Hess on RT 17 south by the Hooters in Paramus we used to gather at . What a nightmare this has been , from injector and turbo issues to ball joints and now this Let me tell ya . these trucks don't like running on a 70/30 mix of diesel and water
Old 12-30-2007, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry you're having fuel problems. That has been one of my biggest concerns with the purchase of this vehicle, being at the mercy of the fueling stations and the gamble of getting good fuel or not at the pumps. Did you have the fuel analyzed for water content or was it a highly educated guess? What reprecussions does a diesel owner have toward a station/company if this fuel caused damage to your vehicle? Hope yours does not have damage caused.. Thanks for the warning of this station.... We have several stations I'd say within 5 mile radius that sells diesel..The vehicle came with a full tank of fuel from the dealership and I don't know what brand. (I've only had 2 fillings so far..both at 1/2 tank indicator on dash) 1st was at BP at the big rig fueling islands (seemed to run/sound/idle ok..cold/warm) 2nd was at Vero..(at the gas/diesel islands for passenger vehicles) truck seemed to idle a lot louder/chatter louder etc. I did not notice any drivability issues or hesitations etc. just an observance. I have to go out today and get another fillup.. (I was brought up on keeping the tanks FILLED as to help keep moisture/condensation buildup in tank etc...I don't know if this is myth of fact, just something past down to me) Also, used the Howes fuel treatment.. (which is sold a lot at the fuel stations around here) So, today my options will be several Vero Stations...., Pilot.... BP,,,, HESS....Exxon, Ammoco,,, Shell,,, Gulf. Prices 2 days ago were lower...$3.24 to $3.50. Last night....the $3.24 station is now $3.29.... Exxon and Shell were the highest...2 days ago. Guess with whats been going on in Pakastan,,,we're going to be paying once again...MORE at the pumps... Also, we might just need to store up on some more fuel..before our mysterious Governor Corzine releases his "plan" to collect more government taxes on us sorry saps of NJ. ))