NJDTR #37 Forum for the New Jersey chapter #37

Antique tractors / airplanes / hot air ballons

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 02:14 PM
RAF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Antique tractors / airplanes / hot air ballons

I'm posting this if anyone is interested. Going this weekend. I've been going the last 3 yrs. and it has got bigger every year. Last year there were a couple of hot rod sled tractors to. I'll be camped out in the plow field with my buddy with the steam tractors.http://www.farmfunday.com/
Old 04-22-2009, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by RAF
I'm posting this if anyone is interested. Going this weekend. I've been going the last 3 yrs. and it has got bigger every year. Last year there were a couple of hot rod sled tractors to. I'll be camped out in the plow field with my buddy with the steam tractors.http://www.farmfunday.com/
This was my friend's grandfather's farm when he was alive. When we were kids...he'd have parties there or at the Camp Quaxon part of his property. He'd also had an old VW bug to drive around there. His dad Rick I think still runs the Auction. I'll try to make it over there.
I guess you go to the Burlington County Farm fair as well? I think its the last year that it will be in Lumberton or at least the last time it will be held at the same park at Lumberton this summer.

You should post this over at the Cummins forum as well. There seems to be more Jersey people frequent that forum as well and are within a stones throw of this farm. Not to say they'll have the interest but we can at least meet up.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:52 PM
RAF

Yes it is Rick that runs it. This Camp Quaxon. Is that the area down at the creek with the building? We camp right near the entrance to the woods that goes back there. I have a black daully. I'll be there all day Sat. and after 1 on Sun. Most likely be around the steam engines or the shingle machine. Sat. will be the better day of the event. At about dusk my buddy will be doing his sparks show with the steam tractor pulling the plows. The harder it pulls the more sparks it makes
Antique tractors / airplanes / hot air ballons-snapshot_20080329.jpgThis will make it easier to find me. Name is Rich
Old 04-23-2009, 03:55 PM

I might role up and check it out. Is your friend Allen out in Weekstown? If its him when I see him we talk steam whistles. I make them and collect them. I know another guy bringing his tractors and stuff up there. Sounds like a good time don't forget. Flemmings wheels of May is in a week or so too. I know a lot of guys go up to Kinzers that weekend.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:08 PM
RAF

Yes thats him. The whistle is the best part of that engine for my kids.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:55 PM

Very cool. He has some awesome whistles.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by RAF
Yes it is Rick that runs it. This Camp Quaxon. Is that the area down at the creek with the building? We camp right near the entrance to the woods that goes back there. I have a black daully. I'll be there all day Sat. and after 1 on Sun. Most likely be around the steam engines or the shingle machine. Sat. will be the better day of the event. At about dusk my buddy will be doing his sparks show with the steam tractor pulling the plows. The harder it pulls the more sparks it makes
Attachment 27537This will make it easier to find me. Name is Rich
Yeah Rich, I think the area is now known as Bamboo Gardens.Right next to the grave yard and the lake below Landing STreet. Its totally different then when I was a kid. (it was very plain and sorta run down when I was little) I think now days they host company picknicks etc. Tiki hut style now.. I have not been there since it was called Bamboo Gardens.

What little I remember of Jack from one of his grandson's parties... would show us kids all the old "junk to us kids" he had around. Also I think he took us on either tractor or hay cart rides. He was a nice guy from what I remember. I am glad the family is able to preserve the lands and the open space with the museum and such.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:07 PM

So how was the show? I couldn't make it. You get one warm day and the phone rings off the hook for AC. It's all good money in the pocket. I will try to attend next year.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by JJK98CTD
So how was the show? I couldn't make it. You get one warm day and the phone rings off the hook for AC. It's all good money in the pocket. I wil try to attend next year.
Show was good. Nice that RAF Rich post it here ..(I didn't get there tilll later...saw some planes take off. land in the field...kids riding small train through the grounds...Steam..Tractors working the fields. Full whistles.....antique cars... HOt Air Balloons...and the night time Spark show...steam tractors..shooting the sparks through the dark sky across the fields.. Mini-tractor pulls.. Lots of Historic Tractor stuff. and Farm Equipment .Farming industry stuff. Live band.. LOTS of Friendly people! One of a kind type of place!!

NOT too Late to see the rest of the show... this show is going on Tomorrow Sunday as well. I don't know what exactly is on the schedule.. Slowest tractor race.. More Hot air ballons I think... etc.etc.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:12 AM

Cool! Thanks for the reply. I will try to get up there today. And don't for get about this show on May 2nd. http://www.flemingshows.com/ The 2nd good think because Rough and tumble up in Kinzer Pa was on that week end if not mistaken so wearther permitting Flemmings should be pretty good. I used to bring a small part of my collection of Train horns and steam whistles for display and blowing. I let the kids give a pull and watch their eyes light up. Especialy the whistle that sounds very similar to Thomas the tank engine.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:58 PM
RAF

well, was a good weekend. The show had a very good turn out. MegaWonder, glad to meet you. Sorry I couldn't hang out longer and talk but as soon as I filled my camper with water I had the others I was with asking to get theirs topped off.

JJK98CTD, Rough and tumble is May 8 - 9. So, Flemmings is this weekend? If I'm not working (side job) I will stop buy.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:09 PM
RAF

Originally Posted by JJK98CTD
Very cool. He has some awesome whistles.
There is a fella that helps out the guy that has the steam road roller and he made one of the whistle for it this year. Looks good and has good sound.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:21 PM

I am bummed I didnt see this thread sooner......