NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

DYNO/DRAG...WHAT A HOOOT! ( please every one read)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DYNO/DRAG...WHAT A HOOOT! ( please every one read)

Hey guys i just wanted to say I HAD A BLAST!!!The dyno turned out better than i thought due to rain and the sunday drags was awsome (i took E.T.runner up only in america!) I really enjoyed talking to all the young Marines and if you all will give me permission i would like to say something about them. I know you guys who live in J'ville already have an appreciation for them but i am speaking as an outsider and from my heart. I want to let them know how much i appreciate them and am proud to say I AM AN AMERICAN!!! To know these young men have got me and my families back makes me so **** proud i get a little emotional. To see these guys out there with us burning up tires ,running on the dyno just trying to relax and get whatever they have seen off of their minds just amazed me. I talked to one guy at the track and he told me he did i believe 3 tours in Iraq. That is dedication in my book. His buddy with him said he couldn't wait to get back.Even more amazing!! The Marine i talked to said he had about 2 more months and he was getting out. I would like to ask all chapter 18 members and any one else on this site to put aside your beliefs in christ and to pray daily for all our men and women in all branches of the military. Please do not forget their families they leave back home as they also make huge sacrifices.Thanks guys for letting me make this rambling post but i just had to say this after spending the week end with some of these soldiers.Please everyone pray for all military and if you are not a believer ask some one to pray for you....GOD BLESS AMERICA!! Also would someone please get me the name of the Marine i talked to he had a white 2nd gen 4wd dually with a black headache rack behind the cab and Oregon state tags. I forgot to ask him his name.Thanks every one Augie Dog.(second place ET runner up)
Old 10-12-2008, 07:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We are a fortunate country, Thanks to all you military men and women!!

Al, I knew what you are trying to say!
Old 10-12-2008, 07:39 PM

i agree great post...
Old 10-12-2008, 07:42 PM

its really nice to have somebody express their appreciation like that. It truly means a lot to know that there are citizens out there that support us and take a moment to think about what these men and women sacrifice for their beloved country. Great post Augie!
Old 10-12-2008, 07:43 PM

The marine you spoke with is one of my best buds, we were both out there today, I appreciate it tho, and thank you all for supporting us.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:22 PM

AUGIE DOG
Thanks for the great post.
EXECPT
Marine when refered to as the nation's finest armed service, ALWAYS no matter where or how used in a sentence ALWAYS has a Capital M

The Marines are the only ones that have that honor. I do not know why but that is the way it is. I am not tring to start anything I have made many a person aware of the above fact over the years.

I am going to toot my horn for just a second or three.
I joined the Marine Corps in 1979 and retired in 2001, since then I have been deployed twice to Iraq is support of the Marines.
My wife is currently in the Marine Corps and also my youngest son.

It was only a couple of years ago when I was one of those young Marines.

It was great seeing everyone up there, I tried to move around a good bit the the B S that I was spreading wouldn't get to deep in one spot.

I had a great time, Thanks to all that made it happen.
Chris
Old 10-12-2008, 09:13 PM

Thanks Chris, I hope i didn't offend anyone i wasn't sure quite how to address them. I will remember that.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Great post Alan!!

Let me say to you that I was proud to see you "tearing up that E.T. Bracket Class today!! Man, you did good Alan!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

-------
John_P
Old 10-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Chapter President

Great post Allen. I agree %110 percent with your assessment of the Marines and their service to our great country.

Congratulations on your placement in the E.T. bracket! You made my day with your enthusiasm for the event!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Banned

Thanks guys, it is always great to hear people say how much they appreciate what we do. All three of the Chevy guys with Diesel Addiction stickers are Marines and most of the crowd that was hanging out with me at the dyno were also Marines - I will pass you words of appreciation on to them. I am getting out after my 5 year term and will be on terminal leave starting Monday. Any of you guys in the Chapter have or know of a job opening with in an hour of Jacksonville? Have experience in construction, electrical, all forms of mechanics including 5 years as a helicopter engine mechanic, lots of leadership skills thanks to the Marine Corps, and so on - let me know if you know of anything. Doesn't have to be permanent work.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:16 PM

Thanks guys, it means allot to us knowing that what we do is for something and its noticed. Helps us stand that much taller.

I'm headed to Iraq in March and its nice to be able to relax at these events and totally forget about everything.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by PapaSmurf
AUGIE DOG
Thanks for the great post.
EXECPT
Marine when refered to as the nation's finest armed service, ALWAYS no matter where or how used in a sentence ALWAYS has a Capital M

The Marines are the only ones that have that honor. I do not know why but that is the way it is. I am not tring to start anything I have made many a person aware of the above fact over the years.

I am going to toot my horn for just a second or three.
I joined the Marine Corps in 1979 and retired in 2001, since then I have been deployed twice to Iraq is support of the Marines.
My wife is currently in the Marine Corps and also my youngest son.

It was only a couple of years ago when I was one of those young Marines.

It was great seeing everyone up there, I tried to move around a good bit the the B S that I was spreading wouldn't get to deep in one spot.

I had a great time, Thanks to all that made it happen.
Chris
Chris you missed one other point. Marines in a group are never refered to as soldiers either, They are Marines or troops but never soldiers

Great post though I really wish I could have made it over. I feel weird out here with hardly any other Marines around. # years to get back to NC will not go by fast enough.