NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Dyno Day @ "Waynes Dyno", J'Ville, N.C.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by AUGIE DOG
John,I will not be able to make it my crew is going into the shop for as much of a restoration my wallet (wife) will allow. I found a newer 12 v and am converting it to a dually set up. I'm pretty excited and hope to have it done maybe by an early summer event. Have fun everyone.....Augie
Wow Augie! I can't believe you would get rid of the other truck..that was the most consistent truck on the drag strip and a trophy winner

Good luck with the new one
Old 02-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
John,I will not be able to make it my crew is going into the shop for as much of a restoration my wallet (wife) will allow. I found a newer 12 v and am converting it to a dually set up. I'm pretty excited and hope to have it done maybe by an early summer event. Have fun everyone.....Augie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No problem buddy, we will catch you the next time!

Good luck on the restoration.

--------
John_P
Old 02-28-2009, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top, I'm not getting rid of my crewcab,i just found a fresher 12 v from a 92 extended cab d 250. Me and McMopar are using it for pieceparts. Phil is going to attempt to graft the back of the cab onto his 74 crew and make a 1 st gen mega cab. I'm using the wire harness to replace my rat's nest and the donor has tilt and cruise control that i'm putting into mine. I don't think i would ever get rid of my cc. I'm also making it a dually. I have all dually components now i need fenders for the bed. Should be unique to say the least. I'm just wanting to make it a more comfortable and quieter truck to drive.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:34 AM

hello to the world. Im still here Im really gonna try and make this one. Hav'nt seen yall boys in a while
Old 03-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Top, I'm not getting rid of my crewcab,i just found a fresher 12 v from a 92 extended cab d 250. Me and McMopar are using it for pieceparts. Phil is going to attempt to graft the back of the cab onto his 74 crew and make a 1 st gen mega cab. I'm using the wire harness to replace my rat's nest and the donor has tilt and cruise control that i'm putting into mine. I don't think i would ever get rid of my cc. I'm also making it a dually. I have all dually components now i need fenders for the bed. Should be unique to say the least. I'm just wanting to make it a more comfortable and quieter truck to drive.
Sounds great! I wouldn't let go of that truck either
Old 03-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 35" 05'
hello to the world. Im still here Im really gonna try and make this one. Hav'nt seen yall boys in a while
----------------------------------------------------------------------
CHET:

WELCOME BACK Buddy!!! Where in the heck have you been anyway??
I haven't heard from you in a LONG TIME Chet! I sure hope everything is going O.K. with you.

-------
John_P
Old 03-01-2009, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
----------------------------------------------------------------------
CHET:

WELCOME BACK Buddy!!! Where in the heck have you been anyway??
I haven't heard from you in a LONG TIME Chet! I sure hope everything is going O.K. with you.

-------
John_P
yeah buddy everything is great. Havnt been doing much with the truck after cracking injectors and having issues with that. Just got engaged and tryin to save a little cash for the house an such. I know when I start talking diesel money starts flyin Hope to make it to this so I can catch up with the crew. Hope you and your family had a great winter and christmas
Old 03-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Administrator

yeah buddy everything is great. Havnt been doing much with the truck after cracking injectors and having issues with that. Just got engaged and tryin to save a little cash for the house an such. I know when I start talking diesel money starts flyin Hope to make it to this so I can catch up with the crew. Hope you and your family had a great winter and christmas
--------------------------------------------------------
Well Chet, it is good to hear from you again. Glad to hear things are going well for you. CONGRATULATIONS on the engagement! And you know your are "talking to the choir" when you mention "money flyin on the diesels!" Take care and we will see you soon Chet.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got engaged and tryin to save a little cash for the house an such.
Did What??????, , Just kidding man, Congrats!!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 09:49 AM

JP,

March 28, 2009? I guess is what the first post should read?? That sucks, I'm gonna miss this one......Taking the boy camping that weekend. Family first!!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mcmopar
JP,

March 28, 2009? I guess is what the first post should read?? That sucks, I'm gonna miss this one......Taking the boy camping that weekend. Family first!!
What we aint family no mo?
Old 03-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mcmopar
JP,

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for catching that Phil!! Man, I guess I can't get 2008 out of my head, as that is not the first time I have done that!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 00PowerStroke
Im pretty sure i will make it.......havent dyno this setup yet. I will probably it drive it out there. I think it will be 600-650 hp. The turbo is pretty big. Hopefully it will put enough load on it to see the normal boost ( 60lbs ). Is the operator good on big turbo trucks?
I don't know if you PSD guys have the problem we do getting full boost but last time I was at Waynes I was running tuning that normally got me at 48-50PSI and it was seeing 34 PSI on the dyno; when he rode the brakes hard to load it we saw 40. We just had Winston's on the dyno over at Majestic and it is a SuperFlow with eddy current loading - Winston normally gets ~55 PSI but was only getting 40, I told them to load it down, they ran a 1 second load at the beginning of the run and his gauge pegged out at 60PSI then when the load released it came back down to 54 and held it for the rest of the pull.

SuperFlows normally dyno lower than Dyno Jets but I have a feeling on a turbo vehicle it's probably not the case.

Either way Wayne will do all he can to make sure you are happy with your pulls, be ready so smell some brakes if you want to see full boost. As has been said he and his crew are top notch guys and know what they are doing.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Hey Dustin,.....did you get your truck fixed yet and how much damage did you have internally??

Thanks.

-------
John_P
Old 03-06-2009, 09:16 PM

What we aint family no mo?
Oh you are my man, but.........that 8 year old can be mighty persuasive!!!!!

Quick Reply: Dyno Day @ "Waynes Dyno", J'Ville, N.C.