NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Carnage!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bambam47
hobby shop .... hmmmmm i miss my days in the AF and use of the shop on base. they had about any tool needed and was always a good place to hang out with other gear heads. there were a few dummies too but mostly good guys. i wonder if something like that would be viable as a small business for civilians. i wonder what it would take to get up and running and what you'd have to charge per hour to make it a good business opportunity?

oops sorry for the threadjack.
Oh man...you read my mind...A shop with lifts, sumps and stalls. Roll aways fully loaded and a tool room with excess and specific items.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AUGIE DOG
Nate, Who is that working on your tranny? Does he know what he is doing? You better hope his work doesn't reflect that messy shop he is working in Just bustin ur kahuna's Phil....Alan
That's not messy, it just well used!!
Old 10-21-2008, 12:52 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by king d
im not real sure of his exact name but i think they called him mcmosby or somthing like that at the Rockingham race this year...lol
Maybe he needs a Mc Nametag or just better handwriting

Chris
Old 10-24-2008, 03:22 PM

The new HOTNESS!!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 03:34 PM

you could have probally used JB weld and fixed the stocker,lol,new piece looks good...
Old 10-24-2008, 09:19 PM

Got the rear main seal out and back in place...Thanks to McMopar for the install tips. For those that haven't done it...pull the trans, unbolt the starter, unbolt the adaptor plate, remove the rear main seal plate. Then tap out the old seal, tap in the new seal. Be sure not to rip it trying to get it over the FlexPlate hub. reinstall the bolts, adaptor plate and starter.....reinstall flexplate the trans.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...3&postcount=12
Old 10-25-2008, 09:24 PM

She is alive. After another 4 hours, the flexplate was installed. The transmission mounted and torque converter "torqued". Other than that it is a pretty easy job. The truck is running strong and seems to pull a little harder with this convertor. It is different in the type of build. I need to thank John_P for his assistance with the flexplate, King D for buying that TST off me, McMopar for looking over the trans and running all the warranty on the converter and to CADASH for helping with all the repairs....As well WhiskeyVI showed up a few times to help with the transfer case....THANKS BUDDY! Sorry you are having all the issues with the Quad stuff.

Let me say this....I will NEVER do another AIRDOG install on a ford. The instructions were jacked, the pictures were horrible. We actually ditched the directions and went with what I knew from my glacier setup. It is funny that they run it from the tank to the airdog, then to the factory pump then to the motor. So you are still stuck trying to push fuel through the factory pump....Cadash, We will research it and try to dump the factory, add a fuel gauge, and run your high peressure quality fuel straight to the motor.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:16 AM

Wow, I thought you two were going to wait till today to tackle that one....
Did you end up pulling the bed? How late did you work on it??
Old 10-26-2008, 08:28 AM

Well,

We pulled the tank. All the instructions were jacked. Had one issue that had to be "resolved". We started at 330ish and finished up at 1030ish. But we weren't just installing...we were engineering...LOL
Old 10-26-2008, 08:50 AM

Nate, you should be able to run at least 2-3 sec. faster with the new flexplate not flexin like the old one was. Glad your'e back up and running. Now i believe you made the statement the day you smoked that flexplate that this was the end of the season for you. No more racing until spring. Is that still what's happening? YEA RIGHT!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by AUGIE DOG
Nate, you should be able to run at least 2-3 sec. faster with the new flexplate not flexin like the old one was. Glad your'e back up and running. Now i believe you made the statement the day you smoked that flexplate that this was the end of the season for you. No more racing until spring. Is that still what's happening? YEA RIGHT!!!
Well. There will be 1 more race. John has called me out. His 06 and my 05. With the tst gone it will be interesting!
Old 10-26-2008, 05:30 PM

I second the never again on the air dog. The instructions seemed pretty straight forward the day before but actually getting to the hands on portion was bad. Each picture in the instructions was off another type of truck even though they were for a ford. She feels like a new truck though. I actually picked up another PSI on my boost gauge. Hey, makes me happy!! I cant thank ShakinRedCTD enough though. The install was a pain but we got it. Next is my tranny!!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:05 PM

Dan,

YOu are welcome, thats what this site and all these great people are for....You know my number when it's time for the tranny! And I would definately give McMopar a call about rebuiling your trans!

Nate
Old 10-26-2008, 07:56 PM

I would definitely like to be there to see you run against John's 06. Gonna be a close one
Old 10-27-2008, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Nate:

You are very welcome on the help with the ATS flexplate!

Glad to hear you guys got your truck running again! Now that your tranny is fixed and back in, we will have to address this "bench racing" you and I have been doing the last couple of months. Wehn you are ready, we will "line them up" at CPD,.....your 05' versus my 06'. Should be a good race...........

---------
John_P

Quick Reply: Carnage!