Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Truckfest : Any reports? any news?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truckfest : Any reports? any news?

Just curious any news or reports from truckfest? Hope it didn't get rained out? I know it downpoured on Saturday according to my railroad people I work with. <br><br>Curious to see if the Banks Sidewinder made any passes and if so what were they?<br><br>Was Maddog attending?????<br><br>
Old 07-28-2003, 12:39 AM

Re:Truckfest : Any reports? any news?

Yeah guys, report. What were the results? MADDOG, the ATS D-max vs Sidewinder, Mike's CTD and Stake what did you run? I hate I missed it but what happened.<br><br>Kyle
Old 07-28-2003, 09:31 AM

Maddog had tranny troubles and ran in the 13's.

Clints D-Max is hurt. I'm not sure whats wrong and won't speculate about it.

I think Mike ran a 12.9(&lt;--Not sure, I did see a 12.9 dial in) and was the fastest in competition.

The best the Banks Sidewinder could do was a 12.1 with NOS and an auto tranny.

A 9.3 for the Cummins dragster.

The dragster and the sidewinder raced. Can you say butt whoopin!

I ran a best of 14.2 with my first 1.900 60'. A 1.8 must be

I'm probably wrong on some of this info. Post the correct numbers if ya can guys.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:25 AM

Stake congradulations on the quick times... your getting closer and closer to your goal. Those Sidewinder times are horrible for how light that truck is... I was honestly expecting a 10.xx second timeslip from them. Looks like the dragster is running good to say the least .
Old 07-28-2003, 12:13 PM

[quote author=StakeMan link=board=12;threadid=17590;start=0#164825 date=1059402683]<br>Maddog had tranny troubles and ran in the 13's.<br><br>Clints D-Max is hurt. I'm not sure whats wrong and won't speculate about it.<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>That sucks on both aspects. Regardless of what people think of ATS, Clint's Duramax is a nice lookin, runnin truck......hope its not too serious, but would be interested to know what happened (what broke) if its revealed.<br><br>I &quot;heard&quot; what happened to Maddog's tranny already.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:49 PM

KatDiesel,<br><br>If I hear anything about what happened to the DMax I will let ya know. I was looking forward to a good show from Maddog. I think he ran 3 times. The first time we were in the staging lanes. Looked like he left quick to me, but the sign said a 1.9 R/T. I missed the 2nd run and there was no ET displayed for his 3rd run. ???
Old 07-28-2003, 12:51 PM

Battering Ram,<br><br>Thanks. On Friday night, 14.1 was my best.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:26 PM

The tranny issue had nothing to do with the problem of running down the track, it was a fueling problem. Some dumb A$$ :-[ did not put enough fuel in the tank and because the bulk head fitting is in the bottom center of the tank with the hard launch all the fuel would get pushed to the back of the tank. The tank is long and narrow and had maybe 5 gals. of fuel in it. I made three runs with this problem and finally my brain figured it out ??? I found a guy that had 5 gallons but unfortunatly I had lost in the first round so I went and asked the track owner if I could jump in at the tail end of the second round and run solo (he said sure) so after the rain delay I got my fourth and final chance. The truck launched harder than it ever had (and on the second run I had a 1.7 60') and pulled like there was no tomorrow all the way down the track. I actually red lighted but my main concern was to leave with 25 to 30 pounds of boost. With the way the day had gone so far it was fitting that when I stopped to get my time slip they said the clock had not reset and so no time slip ??? The last run is on video so I will get it up soon. Just some food for thought but on my 2nd run my 60' and 330' was quicker than the Banks sidewinder and then I lost fuel. Now for the tranny, after the first run I lost reverse, but the forward gears worked fine. The truck was driven 650 miles pulling a heavy duty trailer with a crew cab Chevy Dmax on it and did great pulling the grades in the Rocky Mountains. I then drove the truck home with the Dmax pulling the trailer. It looks like the problem is a shift solenoid.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:02 PM

all i can say is that Maddog's truck is one SWEET truck!! ;D<br>good to hear that the tranny is doing ok.<br><br>i wasn't impressed by the sidewinder either. does anyone know what tranny they're running? i also heard that they detuned it 100hp from what they were at at Bonneville... ???<br><br>the cummins dragster was awesome though...the owner very nice too. what's that thing running for timing and/or valve lash? it's knocks very loud at idle.<br><br>there were a bunch of TDR/DTR members of whom i never met, but a lot of nice trucks nonetheless.<br><br>Tom
Old 07-28-2003, 10:08 PM

Thanks Richard.......its a shame you couldn't get things ironed out in time to make a &quot;public showing&quot; (timeslip). Glad to hear its not as serios as first &quot;Reported&quot;.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:10 PM

Maddog,<br><br>Did you ever get a good time slip, and what was the ET?
Old 07-28-2003, 10:21 PM

Maddog glad to hear the problems are not as bad as once thought! Nice talking to you and hopefully I will be able to make it out your way to do a little O-ringing soon!<br><br>Donnie
Old 07-29-2003, 02:49 PM

[quote author=Battering Ram link=board=12;threadid=17590;start=0#msg164842 date=1059405940]
Those Sidewinder times are horrible for how light that truck is... I was honestly expecting a 10.xx second timeslip from them. Looks like the dragster is running good to say the least .
[/quote]

Just how light is the sidewinder? Jeff's Dakota with me in it scales a touch over 4600 lbs. I am turning 12.0's - 12.1's in it and I can tell you power is not the problem. TRACTION is the problem.

Just how many trucks are running 12's. OF those, how many are 4x4's with killer 60' times. Don't discount what Gale has done here. 2wd traction will kill ET and if he is like me, 4600+ lbs is not easy to launch either.

Sounds like the Dakotas may make for a cool race though.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:18 PM

[quote author=MADDOG1 link=board=12;threadid=17590;start=0#msg165089 date=1059445619]
The tranny issue had nothing to do with the problem of running down the track, it was a fueling problem. Some dumb A$$ :-[ did not put enough fuel in the tank and because the bulk head fitting is in the bottom center of the tank with the hard launch all the fuel would get pushed to the back of the tank. The tank is long and narrow and had maybe 5 gals. of fuel in it. I made three runs with this problem and finally my brain figured it out ??? I found a guy that had 5 gallons but unfortunatly I had lost in the first round so I went and asked the track owner if I could jump in at the tail end of the second round and run solo (he said sure) so after the rain delay I got my fourth and final chance. The truck launched harder than it ever had (and on the second run I had a 1.7 60') and pulled like there was no tomorrow all the way down the track. I actually red lighted but my main concern was to leave with 25 to 30 pounds of boost. With the way the day had gone so far it was fitting that when I stopped to get my time slip they said the clock had not reset and so no time slip ??? The last run is on video so I will get it up soon. Just some food for thought but on my 2nd run my 60' and 330' was quicker than the Banks sidewinder and then I lost fuel. Now for the tranny, after the first run I lost reverse, but the forward gears worked fine. The truck was driven 650 miles pulling a heavy duty trailer with a crew cab Chevy Dmax on it and did great pulling the grades in the Rocky Mountains. I then drove the truck home with the Dmax pulling the trailer. It looks like the problem is a shift solenoid.
[/quote]