Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Southern California Meet??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 02:11 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Southern California Meet??????

Isn't there a president president who is supposed organize something like this? Maybe not, I guess that's why Rick (Runamuck) is trying to help find someone. Anyways I found this on another forum, which I hope isn't violating any rules here. But after seeing this I figured this might be a good time for everyone in Southern California to get together. This event might be directed towards the desert racing scene, after all So Cal is indigenated with desert people, but I think we all should to meet up and meet each other face to face. What do you think?

Ad removed site violation Post the info, not an ad containing banner ads for non supporting vendors Thanks

Sorry about that. Anyways here are the details:

Lorenze Industries Wrench and Dyno Day
Apparentlly these guys and a coupla others are throwing a Dyno/Wrench Party/ and a doable feature movie premier of "Desert People 5" and "Chronicles of Bebo".
$20 dirt cheap Dyno runs
Entry is free to the movies and the Wrench Party between 3pm and 4pm

May 5
Oceanside Valley drive-in theater
3480 Mission Ave.
Oceanside, Ca. 92054

Maybe we all can get together for a picnic or something beforehand.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Currently there is someone in process to fill the vacancy of the SoCal chapter Prez. Once we get the results of his background check, clearance, blood and urine test, we'll post the results.

By all means feel free to put something together or throw some ideas out there and the other will chime in.

Tye
Old 04-25-2007, 06:08 PM

I'd like to go, but I'll have to check the schedule first. Looks like a lot of fun for us "desert people".
Old 04-25-2007, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Buckshotmckee
Currently there is someone in process to fill the vacancy of the SoCal chapter Prez. Once we get the results of his background check, clearance, blood and urine test, we'll post the results.

By all means feel free to put something together or throw some ideas out there and the other will chime in.

Tye
Now that's funny right there....
Old 04-25-2007, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
I'd like to go, but I'll have to check the schedule first. Looks like a lot of fun for us "desert people".
Sounds like a good time! Let's go for it!

I ride a Yamaha YZ450F motocrosser at Ocotillo Wells every other weekend during dez season.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:02 AM

We'll have to line up an Ocotillo gathering before the season is over......

More on this soon
Old 04-26-2007, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Cowhand
We'll have to line up an Ocotillo gathering before the season is over......

More on this soon
Snap to it, it's starting to get hot!
Old 04-26-2007, 02:47 PM

You're telling me.....I've been digging for a sewer cleanout in my paddock. I'm sweatin' like Oprah at the buffet.....
Old 05-05-2007, 09:43 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Report on a bust

Originally Posted by JPR Ram
Isn't there a president president who is supposed organize something like this? Maybe not, I guess that's why Rick (Runamuck) is trying to help find someone. Anyways I found this on another forum, which I hope isn't violating any rules here. But after seeing this I figured this might be a good time for everyone in Southern California to get together. This event might be directed towards the desert racing scene, after all So Cal is indigenated with desert people, but I think we all should to meet up and meet each other face to face. What do you think?

Ad removed site violation Post the info, not an ad containing banner ads for non supporting vendors Thanks

Sorry about that. Anyways here are the details:

Lorenze Industries Wrench and Dyno Day
Apparentlly these guys and a coupla others are throwing a Dyno/Wrench Party/ and a doable feature movie premier of "Desert People 5" and "Chronicles of Bebo".
$20 dirt cheap Dyno runs
Entry is free to the movies and the Wrench Party between 3pm and 4pm

May 5
Oceanside Valley drive-in theater
3480 Mission Ave.
Oceanside, Ca. 92054

Maybe we all can get together for a picnic or something beforehand.
All right, all right, Whata bust!!! So I'm not to sure who else attended this flop, but there was plenty of guys from TDR; and I'd have to say 99% of the truck were Dodge Cummins ranging from 1st gens to 3rd gens. Besides myself and my brother, deruwe2002 and a couple of his friends, I didn't see anyother guys from DTR. If you were there, I was the guys trying to sell 20" wheels from my truck, I appoligize I did recognize you. Anyways back to the flop, the darn dyno broke down. In fact it never even opperated at all. Oh well, whatcha gonna do?!!
Old 05-05-2007, 10:54 PM

Ok, so.. Ocotillo wells... Who's down.. when we gonna do this? I was just out at Truckhaven hills (right next to ocotillo) and it was 105 out all weekend.. got **** hot.
Scott
Old 05-05-2007, 11:19 PM

It's getting very hot for desert excursions. Heck we just resurfaced hwy 78 from banner grade through Ocotillo Wells to hwy 86. If it wasn't the wind.....................
Anyways lets do something in the mtns, like Big Bear or Laguna, or ??????? Just an idea...............
Old 05-06-2007, 12:46 AM

Yeah, I think Ocotillo is done until next season. Its supposed to be close to 100* in Fontana on Monday! Big Bear is a good idea or somewhere near the beach.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pull U 2
I race all summer long in the desert so it don't bother me to be out there. We just make sure to have plenty of adult beverages on hand for after the race.

A buddy of mine races a CRF-450R for distric 38 stuff; Plaster City, Superstition and so on. It's pretty fun stuff... So yeah for me it's not too bad, that is as long as we have his Weekend Warrior with the AC on full and plenty of Coors Light........... OK, OK, so I still think it's too hot........

Quick Reply: Southern California Meet??????