Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

September 8th - Atlanta Drag Race

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
September 8th - Atlanta Drag Race

I can't believe this one is almost here...

For those that have not been, this is the Hayes Mopar vs the World event to which we have been racing diesels here since 2002.

DHRA Diesel Power! Additives points series race will feature:

Airwerks Pro Street, Valvoline quick Diesel, and the Flowmaster ET Bracket class.

Keating is planning on being here, Morrison is hoping to be ready and hopefully we will also have a return of Scheid and Dr. Performance.

Friday night Test and Tune and Grudge racing. Gates open at 5:00, timed runs 6:30 - 10:30 Admission $20 to race, $15 to spectate.

Saturday - Racer gate opens at 8:00am, spectator gate opens at 9:00am. Timed runs begin at 9:30am, eliminations begin at 2:00pm.

Spectators pay $15 for Saturday, entre fee to classes:

ET - $35 - pays 500, 250, 100, 100
QD - $35 - pays 500, 250, 100, 100
PS - $50 - pays 2000, 1000, 500, 500

Other attractions will be Richie Stevens and Allen Johnson making passes in the Dodge NHRA Pro Stock cars, The Super Shockwave, a 56 Chevy truck equipped with 2 Pratt and Whitney Jet engines putting out 25,000 hp exhibitions, and Extreme Freestyle Motocross exhibitions.

Host Hotel is Hampton Inn - 706-335-6161
Jameson Inn - 706-335-3738
Holiday Inn Express - 706-336-8666

Sunday is the rain date.

I will add more details as they become available.

C ya there...
Old 08-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
David:

Thanks for the post on the Atlanta Event! This is definitely a great event.
Johnner and I are definitely planning on being there again and I am trying hard to get Lary to come down with us this year too.

David, what are the chances of you setting up that Drag Race Competition between all the manual transmission (5 and 6 speed) diesel trucks we had talked about in Denver?? That sure would generate some good competition.

Thanks David. I will see you and Mike at the Scheid Rally!

--------
John_P
Old 08-15-2007, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
David:

Thanks for the post on the Atlanta Event! This is definitely a great event.
Johnner and I are definitely planning on being there again and I am trying hard to get Lary to come down with us this year too.

David, what are the chances of you setting up that Drag Race Competition between all the manual transmission (5 and 6 speed) diesel trucks we had talked about in Denver?? That sure would generate some good competition.

Thanks David. I will see you and Mike at the Scheid Rally!

--------
John_P

I look forward to seeing you guys again this year John. I will still be offering the DPM handshaker challenge with $200 to the quickest ET ran during eliminations for any manual equipped truck.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm hoping to get down there also.
Don't know if Ed is gonna want to ride "Shotgun" again this year or not because I think that my better half may not be going. I've had a great time every time I've been down there.
All you folks that are anywhere close need to make this event!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:29 PM

I've got this event on my radar. I believe I work Friday 12hrs the day before though. It will be rough, but I'm hoping to rise early and roll that way. If I can get down there early enough, I'll try to get a sweet video made. The last DHRA event I was at, I was so busy from double duty with Mopars at the Rock and testing my new twins, I barely got much footage and was dead tired at the end of the day.

My truck is going in the shop for some suspension upgrades last week of August. But I'm fairly certain I'll have it back in time. And will somebody please make a short throw kit for the G56. I'm afraid I'm gonna blow a rotator cuff out trying to drag race this thing.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
And will somebody please make a short throw kit for the G56. I'm afraid I'm gonna blow a rotator cuff out trying to drag race this thing.
ROW,,,,,ROW,,,, ROW your boat,,,,,,,,,,,,
I think your arms are just as long as Johnner's,,,,,,, Ya might check and see if he has any training videos you could borrow,,,,,,,
Old 08-27-2007, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by RATTLINRAM
ROW,,,,,ROW,,,, ROW your boat,,,,,,,,,,,,
I think your arms are just as long as Johnner's,,,,,,, Ya might check and see if he has any training videos you could borrow,,,,,,,
No kiddin, he is king of rowin the gears.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:56 PM

Hello
We are planning on making this event. Don't know if we are camping or not yet.
We should known something by the end of the week. Leigh Ann is just dyeing to run her truck, she has not had a chance yet this year.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

See Ya
Chris
Old 08-28-2007, 10:30 AM

That's great Chris.

I might just camp somewhere and save some money. Of course, a hot shower at the end of the day would be nice.

'06 CTD 4x4 6spd, 40" MTR's, 6" Superlift Rockrunner(extended). Twins, studs, & PG7. Bull Barw/2 driving lights. Kicker and ////Alpine audio - 2 amps, speakers, head unit and 2 10" CVR's. A-pillar triple gauge bezel. Dipricol LED boost, fuel & pyro gauge. MBRP muffler. Traction bars. TST/MP8/WILD SMARTY. SB DD 3600. GD Walbro kit w/BigLine. Dynojet with TST/MP8 -511hp/952tq
14.4@95mph on 40's. 13.9@102mph on 35's.
Coming soon - 40" Toyo's on chrome 20x10's.

John P's RedRamRocket Video
Old 08-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Administrator

It looks like I'll be coming "SOLO" this trip so I'm not sure if I'll bring the 5er. However,,,, I can stay all three nights cheaper in the campground than I can stay one night in a motel!
GEEZE!..... for the price of some of the rooms,,,, you ought to get a butler, maid and personal nanny to read you a bedtime story.

Papa Smurf,
Let me know if y'all are camping cause if I do bring the 5er,,,, I'm gonna stay at the Pottery again. If I don't bring the 5er,,,,, I'll just find a nice quiet spot and sleep in the truck.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:36 PM

I am going to try and go to this event...What campground you staying at?....Can we stay at the track?

Thanks

Originally Posted by RATTLINRAM
It looks like I'll be coming "SOLO" this trip so I'm not sure if I'll bring the 5er. However,,,, I can stay all three nights cheaper in the campground than I can stay one night in a motel!
GEEZE!..... for the price of some of the rooms,,,, you ought to get a butler, maid and personal nanny to read you a bedtime story.

Papa Smurf,
Let me know if y'all are camping cause if I do bring the 5er,,,, I'm gonna stay at the Pottery again. If I don't bring the 5er,,,,, I'll just find a nice quiet spot and sleep in the truck.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Chapter President

I might park next to ya, Dennis.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ga_Mike
I am going to try and go to this event...What campground you staying at?....Can we stay at the track?

Thanks
This one is not far from the strip and it's real nice. CLICK HERE
It's not real big and may be filled for that weekend. There is also one a little further up the road called Country Boys RV park (706-335-5535) which used to be a KOA.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:44 AM

What are the class rules? Also is there anything going on friday night. Would like to run just to see what my truck would do. Not fast enough to be competive but it would be fun. Made a few passes at the local 1/8 mile before the 370s and the manual went in.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:10 PM

grudge night friday. so basically a test and tune

Quick Reply: September 8th - Atlanta Drag Race