Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Ponci's Diesel Center & Colby's Containers Presents: the double D's August 11-12th

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Ponci's Diesel Center & Colby's Containers Presents: the double D's August 11-12th

Drag Racing and Dynoing that is get your mind out of the gutter.

Here is the teaser with more information to follow shortly. Like who what where when why and how much?

It all starts at the Samoa Drag Strip on August 11th. Gates open at 8am and racing begins at 10am. Oh yeah this time it will be diesels only and it will also be a Diesel Drag Racing Association (DDRA) sanctioned event. I would also like to add that they have re-paved the track so you won’t have the dip in the middle of the right hand lane. Another plus is they decided to make the shut down a little longer. There is also a rumor about some kind of payout.

After we get done with the drag racing and we have a chance to clean up it’s off to the BBQ at the shop. I am sure that some of you have either heard or saw first hand that this should be considered an event all by itself. I think there are still some incriminating photos that leaked out after the last BBQ floating around on the internet?????? Oh yeah one more thing any lighters/cans of brake cleen will be confiscated at the door and locked up. (Inside joke)

On Sunday August 12th the dyno will fire up at 8:00am and will continue until the last pickup runs. Price for dynoing will be $55 for 3 runs and we will start signing people in at 7:30am. There will be trophies awarded to the top 3 in each category. There will be two categories diesel only and alternative fueling. The dyno being used is a "Dual Eddy Current 840 Series Superflow". The dyno is in an enclosed, climate controlled room that incorporates 1 66" fan that pushes 75,000 cfm, and has 2 pit fans for evacuation of gases. If your pickup has extra wheels I am sure that there will be some tools so you can take the training wheels off so you can fit on the rollers.

If there is any questions please contact Brad Ponci @ Ponci’s Diesel Center
1-800-575-0229 or 1-707-725-3307. A head count would be nice so that way we can make sure that everyone will have a good time and get enough to eat.