Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

North Texas DTR #8 June Meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 07:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigBlue
.. Billet shafts shouldn't be to far away.
All that work is good for you! So Billet Shafts are next on the list? Just input or both?

RJ
Old 05-23-2007, 07:38 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by RowJ
"Insect challanged"....cute! How about Chigger Chow.
Those Fajitas were excellent last time...my vote says let's do em again! (Who cleaned the pans?... not that they needed much cleaning after Evan & Mike got through )

RJ
Evan was the dishwasher. He needs a little practice though.......

The fajitas are a little pricey, but if that's what we want.....so be it. I'll need to have some good numbers on who all will be there on Friday night.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a request for price quote. Last we spoke the price was $1200 for just the input installed or $3200 for everything. Problem though is I don't know if that $3200 included the intermediate shaft as well. I know it included the input, output, and billet accumulator and servo. So I'm asking for prices for just the input, the input with the billet servo and accumulator, and for the input/output/servo/accumulator. I have a feeling all I'll be able to swing right now is the input but that alone would take about 95% of the worry off my mind. If the output breaks I'm not to worried cause it only takes itself out. Heck I could probably change the output myself. I wish I had the money to do them all at once and be done with it but that's not gonna happen and if I don't spend the money now while I've got it I'll blow it on something else. I have a bad habit of impulse buying.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:41 AM
Chapter President

Whoopty doo. I ain't had the energy nor the time to post thanks to work. Worked 13 hours monday, 10 yesterday, and probably 12 today, 10-12 tomorrow, and who knows how many friday. Not to mention I think it's my turn to work on saturday which ticks me off. Oh well. Billet shafts shouldn't be to far away.
Tyler is not worried about his post count here anymore. I'm sure the Infiniti (ricer) forums will see all of him they want.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:42 AM
Banned

Question

The pre seasoned fajitas aren't that expensive. I'd definately be happy to pitch in with that. Hopefully I'll be able to have the tranny worked on that weekend. Hopefully.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Banned

Tyle quit caring after he hit 10,000 posts. And no, I haven't looked at any infiniti forums. This car will stay stock. This car will stay stock. This car will stay stockish.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:02 AM

... I have a bad habit of impulse buying.
Yup.... been there! You missed my story about Mach 6's. Had the money in my pocket and was within a chigger bit of buying them from Rip .... only set of 6's available in the whole country. Decided to "pray on it" (stole that term from Robert's trailer thread) and, next morning, decided to stick to original plan (best 500 hp daily driver I could build).
Also liked the cash price on new tires.

RJ
Old 05-23-2007, 09:16 AM

Why would someone with less than 500 HP need billet shafts?

Fajitas sound excellent

~Rob
Old 05-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Banned

any of you guys have issues trying NOT to smoke out intersections when taking off in this lovely humid Texas air? Not only that but my EGT's are running around 1000 at 75 with the comp on 1 and smarty on 2...
Old 05-23-2007, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by B.A.Ram
any of you guys have issues trying NOT to smoke out intersections ..
This is your first Tx summer with the new turbo...right? All larger turbos can throw lots of smoke if it's pre boost! Wait for the 100* days.

I run 800* at 70 mph in OD. Always have! That fact does not change with more fuel or more air. But with less air...could be a bit higher. Your 14 cm2 turbine housing is probably at about 4-6 psi boost crusing on the Hwy...whereas before you had 8-10 psi ....Right?

RJ
Old 05-23-2007, 01:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hotdram
Why would someone with less than 500 HP need billet shafts?

~Rob

Rob, That's cruel! Gotta love it!
Old 05-23-2007, 01:47 PM

Yup.... been there! You missed my story about Mach 6's. Had the money in my pocket and was within a chigger bit of buying them from Rip .... only set of 6's available in the whole country. Decided to "pray on it" (stole that term from Robert's trailer thread) and, next morning, decided to stick to original plan (best 500 hp daily driver I could build).
Also liked the cash price on new tires.

RJ

Just buy yourself a 3rd gen and add a Smarty and a pressure box! You're there! 500hp daily driver.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by crobtex
Tyler is not worried about his post count here anymore. I'm sure the Infiniti (ricer) forums will see all of him they want.

Next thing ya know he will be coming to our chapter meets with one of those borla sounding muffler things on his new "ricer"!
Old 05-23-2007, 01:55 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasCTD
Next thing ya know he will be coming to our chapter meets with one of those borla sounding muffler things on his new "ricer"!
You mean a "fart can"? I saw one with a five gallon bucket muffler this morning on the way to work.

Originally Posted by B.A.Ram
any of you guys have issues trying NOT to smoke out intersections when taking off in this lovely humid Texas air? Not only that but my EGT's are running around 1000 at 75 with the comp on 1 and smarty on 2...
It's just a quick puff, although it is getter darker and larger as the weather warms up.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Banned

This is your first Tx summer with the new turbo...right? All larger turbos can throw lots of smoke if it's pre boost! Wait for the 100* days.

I run 800* at 70 mph in OD. Always have! That fact does not change with more fuel or more air. But with less air...could be a bit higher. Your 14 cm2 turbine housing is probably at about 4-6 psi boost crusing on the Hwy...whereas before you had 8-10 psi ....Right?

RJ
I'd say that's about right. This morning when I was watching it it was pulling around 10 on a small grade and I was at 1000, the lowest it would go was 850-900 and that is on even pavement with minimal boost. In town it is almost a constant haze with a nice puff on take-off. Only time it clears up is if I am on it which is only on the interstate...You know I never thought I would ever complain about too much smoke...

Quick Reply: North Texas DTR #8 June Meet