Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Next Virginia Chapter 7 meeting

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Next Virginia Chapter 7 meeting

Since everyone had such a good time at the Claremont Roundup, I am looking at setting up a meet and eat some time in the next month or so. We will be shut down at work the whole month of November and part of December so that time is out for me as far as meetings go. That don't mean you guys can't set up something though.

I'm looking for suggestions as to where to meet and eat. I would like to have something up Shovelheads way like in Front Royal (the Shenandoah valley), OR, maybe something down Papa SmurF's way in NC somewhere. This way, the same people don't end up driving all the way to the meet every time. If we could develop a recommended list of locations and dates, I will get a poll posted to see when the most people can make the best date.

We are up over 40 members going right now and I just signed up another fellow yesterday while I was at the Gunrack in Hopewell.
Don't forget, print out some of those Application forms you see in my signature or in Dennis' signature and don't be bashful, hand them out. That's how I get new members, just walk up and talk. You would be surprised how many are interested.

Waiting for your input.
Joel
Old 08-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure of what my work schedule is going to look like till I get out of the "All-Daylight Training" and back on rotating shift work again, but throw the suggestions out there and I'll see what I can do. One note: I'm off every Sunday for sure!
Old 08-02-2004, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I usually work a half day on Saturdays so a Sunday works better for me. The problem is the weekend traffic on the interstate on Sundays. I left Hampton yesterday at 3:30pm and got to Woodbridge at 8:00pm! It only took me 2 1/4 hours to drive all the way to Norfolk in the AM with no traffic. Maybe we can have it in Dale City....
Old 08-02-2004, 08:17 AM
Administrator

You can click on the link in my sig or Dennis' sig and print the app form. Send me a PM and I will send you the address to send it too. We are about 40 miles below Richmond.

No dyno events for the Virginia Chapter upcoming, just had the annual event two weeks ago.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/.../525/password/

Trying to have another meet before the end of the year though.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by gdh11
I am from central NC, we do not have a Chapter here as far as I know. If you are close to NC I would be interested. Do you have any upcoming events or Dyno days?
You can also try contacting some of the guys in THIS THREAD (Chapter #18) also. Like Joel said, we have members in the VA chapter who are from NC and we have had several events that combined folks from both chapters and folks who weren't members of any chapters. All that is needed is the common affection for Diesel Smoke!

It also helps to keep an eye on this section of the forums for info on upcoming events and get-togethers.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by gdh11
I am from central NC, we do not have a Chapter here as far as I know. If you are close to NC I would be interested. Do you have any upcoming events or Dyno days?
You can check the chapter map here for one near you. https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/images/maps/usa.gif

There is a North Carolina chapter, the presidents email address can be found on the map.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:47 PM

We could all meet up at my house I already have a couple of grills, a pond for fishing and enough level land for prob. 15 or so 30ft trailers. I know it is prob. too close to the Claremount meeting spot but if need be yall can come out here to Dinwiddie!
Old 08-03-2004, 10:17 PM

Sounds good. I'll be watching for the details.

Doug
Old 08-04-2004, 05:24 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by manganos
We could all meet up at my house I already have a couple of grills, a pond for fishing and enough level land for prob. 15 or so 30ft trailers. I know it is prob. too close to the Claremount meeting spot but if need be yall can come out here to Dinwiddie!
Cool, got any place we can pop some caps and punch some holes out there?
Handgun caps that is?

I'm looking at setting up the first annual home appliance shoot somewhere where I can find a gravel pit or a bank for a back stop. We use to have a small club here at work years ago that did that every now and then. Just take that old aggravating TV, the microwave, the dishwasher, or anything that's no good and shoot it full of holes to see how it acts. It was pretty cool.

Any ideas?
Old 08-05-2004, 04:33 AM

Gee, I just might dust off the AR15 for something like that........
Old 08-06-2004, 02:21 PM

I have a place to shoot handguns just fine. Now for high power rifles I may have to move some dirt and make a bank with the tractor. As of now I'm required to work 70hrs a week min. so I may have to uninvite myself to my own party but there is plenty of room for everyone to come over and play
Old 08-06-2004, 04:43 PM

Wow! We can make a mess and nobody will be there to make us clean it up!!
Old 08-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Cool, anyone got any appliances they want to use for targets?
Old 08-06-2004, 09:01 PM

Everyday, on my way to work, I pass a brand new dishwasher on the side of the road that must have fallen off of someone's truck.. I should stop and pick it up...

Quick Reply: Next Virginia Chapter 7 meeting