Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Eastern NC Dyno Day December 13th

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eastern NC Dyno Day December 13th

ok guys it has been changed to the 13th of december at waynes dyno in jacksonville,,wayne said if we wanted to grill out ,cook a pig or whatever it was fine just remember the dyno operator at feeding time.waynes phone number is 1 910 346 8623.any of you guys with questions feel free to call.as far as prices i dunno what the normal rates are.last time i was thers wayne cut us a good deal,i will make a point to ask him.as for time lets try to get a committed number of showers then go from there.hope you dodge guys can get a ringer to come in we wouldnt want a dmax to put down the most power wouls we papa smurf :-[....lol...any way lets have a good turnout,time and lets make some black smoke ....jess
Old 10-07-2003, 09:49 PM

Re:eastern nc dyno day december 13th

Hello back at you.
I say either go big or go back home.
I may have low HP numbers but I think I have some pretty good Torque numbers. If I beat you in Torque numbers who is the winner?? HP is nice but Torque is really what you need to keep the load moving.
See Ya
Chris
Old 10-08-2003, 05:44 AM

hope you dodge guys can get a ringer to come in we wouldnt want a dmax to put down the most power wouls we papa smurf
Didn't Doug say he could make it? I think we have this one covered.... Dad and I will be there, too.

John
Old 10-08-2003, 08:35 AM

John,

I am going to try and attend this event, I won't know for sure until I get my December schedule but I think the date will work fine. As for the Dmax, maybe we should do a little tweeking to your truck just to be sure there are a couple dodges that surpass the chebby.

Doug
Old 10-08-2003, 12:01 PM
DTR Advertiser

Johner, I would like to make it to this one also. Is ther hotels close or camping? Might try to make a weekend out of it and have a few more tricks for the dyno also. Tim
Old 10-08-2003, 12:08 PM

Hey Doug,

Sounds good... I hope you can make it down. I wanna see another 800 outta that monster....

Tim,

Come on down, too! There are plenty of places to stay that are just a few miles away. It should be a good weekend as long as the weather is good. The strip is only a couple of miles down the road from the dyno. If the rain holds we'll probably go tomorrow, so I'll ask about going out there that Saturday.

John
Old 10-08-2003, 09:35 PM

[quote author=Jetpilot link=board=12;threadid=20688;start=0#msg194335 date=1065620111]
John,

I am going to try and attend this event, I won't know for sure until I get my December schedule but I think the date will work fine. As for the Dmax, maybe we should do a little tweeking to your truck just to be sure there are a couple dodges that surpass the chebby.

Doug
[/quote]i hope you can make it would love to see your truck spin over 800hp.and as far as tweaking the more the merrier.i hope to hity 600 with mine
Old 10-09-2003, 09:33 AM

[quote author=Papa Smurf (CRuD) link=board=12;threadid=19779;start=30#msg194843 date=1065707460]
Mrs Smurf, the Social Director of Papa!

This will be a great time for all Diesel Truck owners. Between the two of us, we should be able to round up a dozen or two trucks. I'll have to put the arm twist on a few and tell them what they are missing by not putting their truck up on the dyno. Heck some of them don't even know that guages help monitor their trucks performance.

As for Camping and Hotels, I can put a list together and post it later. Jacksonville has become the mecca of hotels. I'll do some maps to go both the highway and the back way to Waynes and the drag strip. Food isn't an issue either. Just name your hunger pains and it's probably here.

For those who want to come down for the weekend. Do we want to set up a dinner Friday night? How about a cruise down Hwy 17 and Hwy 24 to Waynes? Sure would look cool with a bunch of Diesels convoying down the road. ;D

John_P and Bansee, Coastal Plains in the evening would add to the excitement of Dyno during the day, draging the night. A little advertising would make a great show. Coastal Plains crew really love it when the Diesel come out to play. Even my stock truck likes to take run down the track!

Would bringing out some vendors make this more entising to other folks?

I'm throwing ideas out here. Feedback is great. How big do we want this to go?

I will look at Onslow County events to see if there are anything else to conflict or add to our event.

take care,

Leigh
[/quote]

Ok, I didn't look down the list of threads. But I will post a list of hotel, campgrounds etc.

Leigh
Old 10-09-2003, 10:10 AM

For all,

Here is the list of accommodations. http://www.onslowcountytourism.com/accommodations.cfm There is not any large campground in the area close to Jacksonville, Sorry, no KOA. In Swansboro there is a resort park on the intercoastal waterway, if any one is interested I can get the info if needed.

Here is a list of calendar of events for Onslow County. Click on December to see what else is going on during the Dyno Weekend. http://www.onslowcountytourism.com/events.html

Here is a rough map of the area. It will give the
out-of-towners an idea of where Jacksonville is located to the coast and City limits. I will post later routes to Waynes from the hotels on Western Blvd and Hwy 17. http://www.jacksonvillenc.net/area_maps.html

Hope this helps out.

Mrs Smurf!

Old 10-09-2003, 02:20 PM

Ok I'm in. I will prob. have the lowest numbers. It will be nice to see some big num. The last time I was at a dyno Banshee, your truck was stock, but I hear now that that thing is awsome! I will be camping as well. Papa Smurf, where are you camping at? I just hope it doesen't come another ice storm like last year!

Kimrey
Old 10-09-2003, 06:37 PM

i will have several boxes for dmax owners to try out,and i will ask for loaner boxes from quadzilla power and tst for both ford and dodge trucks....what else can i do?
Old 10-09-2003, 09:18 PM

Low numbers Scott? Don't forget about me here. I'm sure I'll be the low man on the Totem pole, but it'll be fun. I too remember when Johnner was the low boy, but I've ridden in his truck since then. Kinda makes you want extra restraints, helmets and neck braces. Maybe one of those G-suits the fighter pilots wear too.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:27 PM

Kimrey,

The Smurf's are in local territory ;D But we will stop by Cabin Creek Campground, they seem to be the closest to Wayne's and the Drag Strip.

John_P, have you heard any gossip about Cabin Creek on Hwy 17?

All the campground are spread out thru out the county. There are a few close by our house. We haven't stayed at any local campgrounds, so I can't help anyone out on the better place to camp at.

Here is the link to Cabin Creek, http://www.gocampingamerica.com/cabincreek/4_maps.html

As for hotels, the ones near Wayne's are not classie style, but cheap! Just past Western Blvd and the Hwy 17 intersection is where the bulk of the big named hotels are.

If we can come up with a flyer, the Military Base paper will run the ad for free. I will ask the local Mullet wrapper and Daily New for some free publicity! Mum is the word when it comes to Trucks, humm Diesel Trucks that is! Just throwing ideas out.

I better get off of here before Papa thinks I got lost!
take care,

Mrs Smurf
Old 10-09-2003, 09:42 PM

Sounds like this is an event not to miss, since I do only live a mile or two down the road. As long as I am still in country you can count on my stock truck hitting the dyno, maybe even the stripe so I can here my exhaust scream. To bad the tail pipe doesn't face the crowd, ;D
Old 10-10-2003, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Chris:

I have heard nothing but good things about the "Cabin
Creek R.V. Park!" Here is their address and phone number
for anyone who needs it:

Cabin Creek R.V. Park
3200 Wilmington Highway (Highway 17)
Jacksonville, N.C. 28540
(910) 346-4808