Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Attn: All PA members.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attn: All PA members.

Its getting close to that time. Time for our first event of any kind. I'm here to ask what you guys would be interested in doing. We have very very few registerd members so anything like getting a dyno, sled, or drags it totally out of the question unless someone knows something i dont know. and thats very very possable. Since I'm sure everyone wants something cheap too I was considering a BBQ camp out. Maybe at my usual camp ground near rickets glen? Its a private camp ground surrounded by the glen so that means 2 things you cant do at a state park. drink and have a fire whenever Let me know what everyones thinking.
Thanks
Chris
Old 09-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
It ain't cheap if you don't own a camper! I'd be happy to come up there to meet everybody and have some BBQ and then drive home at the end of the festivities.

As an alternate idea, how about a breakfast meet-up with the possiblity of a BOMB day afterwards if there's anybody who has stuff they want help/need egging on to do to their truck.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:51 PM

This kind of camping is cheap. Its no RV park. Its bring a tent and put it up. I think they charge like 3$ a night per person? I like the breakfast idea if we can find a suitable location for most people to come to. I thought the bombing session would be a good thing too but I cant host it. My mom would have a fit. Maybe we should have our first bombing session a "fix my stupid fuel leak" Searously though. I'm faimilery with gauges, plates, gsks, intakes and exhausts as far as bombing things go. I'm sure you guys can do that and more if somoene has a place to do it.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Originally posted by Captain
Its bring a tent and put it up.
A tent? You mean like sleep on the ground? Haven't done that since I was a kid, that might be fun if it's not too cold.

I thought the bombing session would be a good thing too but I cant host it.
I'm pretty sure I'm one of the farthest south and I only have room for one truck in the driveway at a time. No garage space if it's rainy either. Hopefully somebody will chime in.

Are you planning to go to the "Fall Brawl" meet in October?
Old 09-07-2004, 06:59 PM

Originally posted by wannadiesel
A tent? You mean like sleep on the ground? Haven't done that since I was a kid, that might be fun if it's not too cold.

I'm pretty sure I'm one of the farthest south and I only have room for one truck in the driveway at a time. No garage space if it's rainy either. Hopefully somebody will chime in.

Are you planning to go to the "Fall Brawl" meet in October?
Fall brawl what who in the what now? I dont think ive ever heard of such a beast. I'll see what I can dig up about it in the forum and let you know. I think im busy every single weekend in october though but ill take a looksee. And as far as sleeping on the ground what are you nuts? you sleep on a air matress or camping pad but yes in a tent. And if it is cold for a whopping extra 3$ or so a night (keep in mind thats almost 100% price increase!) you can get a camp sight with electric and some of us have electric heaters for our tents because were silly like that.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Fall Brawl thread

You been livin' under a rock?

Sounds like a good time, maybe you can sign up a few more PADTR members.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:52 PM

ill have to look and see whats up that weekend but it sounds like a good time. Think they will let me in if I dont dyno? I have concerns about my stock clutch + dyno = truck sits on the lawn for 3 years till I can afford new clutch.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:26 AM

I would be up for some sort of gathering and don't mind travelling a bit. Keep us posted on what you decide. Personally I would prefer a one day get together/bombing event.
Bob
Old 09-08-2004, 01:19 PM

where abouts are you talkin in PA for a meeting?

I'm out twards pittsburgh...

Keep us posted
Old 09-08-2004, 07:33 PM
Adminstrator-ess

No worries about the dyno, Captain. It's optional, not mandatory.

Willysrule- everybody else who's responded so far is from the eastern third of PA. I would guess we'll meet somewhere east of Lancaster. It's too bad this state is so dang wide - nobody lives in the middle anyway.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:14 PM

well I dont know that ill make the fall brawl thingy. I dont kknow that we can afford to drive there, pull there, or have my clutch trashed there. It seems like all we have done all summer is fix our trucks. one breaks right after the the other. I cant drive mine, my dads exhaust fell off. Right after his trac bar was fixed twice and mine once. And a bunch of other stuff. But I'm all for a lunchin someplace. Lancaster area is fine with me. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? I'm in northern bucks near doylestown. lancaster/york is 1-1.5hours away.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Adminstrator-ess

If it's just me, you, and Bob we should go with something further east like Exton or Collegeville. Captain, try PM'ing 98 2500, dieselcrazy, and thumbs to find out if they're interested.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:49 PM

Good thinkin. I'll let you all know what comes of it. And do we want to do a lunch? or a breakfast? And whats usualy best for you guys for day? I'm open whenever so I dont care. My dad can make a weekend.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If ya need a place in the middle, I have enough room for everyone to pitch a tent, plus a garage. I just need to know when and if.

Rick
Old 09-10-2004, 08:14 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Hey Rick - Mapquest says there are 7 Pine Grove, PA's. Which county are you in?

Quick Reply: Attn: All PA members.