Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Any Chapters in the Central Maryland Area?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Chapters in the Central Maryland Area?

Hi, <br>Being new to the list, I have no idea if any of your are in the Baltimore, Maryland area. Have only owned the truck since October and I am in that huge learning curve. <br>Do not plan on doing any major BOMBing of the truck. Use it as my daily driver, to carry our `97 9.5' Lance camper, while flat towing my `79 CJ7. We do a lot of 4 wheeling in our Jeeps and a lot of Camping. The CTD was the perfect choice we feel. The better half loves it.<br>After I can afford to replace the junk muffler and dented door<br>(passenger door dented, thus could buy it for $12,500.00) I would like to do some minor power upgrades to help it just a bit on those Western Maryland mountains. Does a nice job now. Wouldn't mind a bit better, but without trashing the automatic.<br>See ya!
Old 12-02-2002, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Any Chapters in the Central Maryland Area?

You're only about four hours up the road from me. If you can't find any and don't want to start your own, let me know.<br>Welcome to the site.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:47 PM

Hi Dieseldude,<br>As you can see by my signature, I am eyeball deep in involvement. I have dedicated a lot of my free time to fighting those trying to eliminate our access to public lands, especially for responsible four wheel drive recreation. I was on the Board of Directors of the United Four Wheel Drive Associations for close to 10 years. Opted not to run this summer. Enough was enough. Need more time with the family and local land use issues.<br>Still, one, the truck is a blast. Love driving it, even though it is stock. Guess I am lucky that way. Both of my Jeeps and the Dodge are great to drive 8)<br>Two, the Dodge Ram Diesel has become extremely popular in the four wheel drive community for towing our Jeeps and other smaller 4x4's to where we wheel. Plus, some of us are going the truck camper and towing the Jeep route.<br>This truck has given me this tremendous urge to learn as much as I can about these animals.<br>Getting together with some folks in the know and having a common interest sounds great.<br>What I can offer is my long history with four wheel drive.<br>Keep in mind, our front suspensions on our Rams is a Jeep design that has worked extremely well on the XJ Cherokee. Really simple to understand, as well.<br>What part of Virginia is your community. Does not ring a bell.<br>E-mail me a schedule of gatherings, sometime, if you do not mind. &lt;pstevens@bcpl.net&gt;<br>We do occassionally wheel near Harrisonburg, on the George Washington National Forest.<br>See ya!
Old 12-02-2002, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site Mr. Stevens,<br> I'm also down in the same area as Dieseldude4x4. We are down I-95 below Richmond and Petersburg, in Prince George county. Disputanta VA is down Rt.460 from exit 3 on I-295. DD4x4 is a little further SE by about 18 miles from my place.<br> The wife and I pull our 5er up around Waynesboro quite often for weekend get-aways. I've alway wanted to find some place to go 4-wheeling with our CJ-5, nothing too radical as it is fairly stock with 33x12.50's and no lift. We used to go down to Nags Head NC to ride on the beaches during the off season in the winter, but haven't done that in a couple years now.<br> Hopefully we will run into each other one day. ;D<br><br>
Old 12-03-2002, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Hey Dennis:

Sounds like another opportunity to get together. You can drag the 5'er and I'll bring the GN and throw your CJ on it. I could probably get two or three CJ's on that trailer of mine if anyone else is interested.

Hey P:

I have been elected or appointed president (by default I think) of Virginia DTR Chapter 7. If you would like to join this one, PM me your mailing address and I will send you an app form. Don't cost a thing to join except a stamp to mail it back to me. I am also working with DieselDaze to develop a nationwide DTR member list for when you are travelling. If you want your address and phone number added to that list, send it along and I will add it to the list. If you don't want it published, that 's cool, just let me know.

Joel
Old 12-03-2002, 12:46 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

We don't have any Chapters in Maryland yet, But as you can see those guys in the Va chapter are a pretty decent bunch. If you wish to join theirs feel free to or you can start a chapter yourself in Maryland. If you wish to transfer to a Maryland Chapter once someone else starts one that is also possible.<br> No matter which you decide to do P Stevens, we would love to have you in our family here at the DTR Chapters. If I can be of any service please let me know.<br><br>Lary Ellis
Old 12-03-2002, 08:14 PM

Well,, normally, the Baltimore 4 Wheelers has a trip to the GWNF in mid January. We have not yet had our annual schedule meeting. Thus, have not set a date. It is usually close to Super Bowl weekend.<br>The motel we use to stay in, changed owners. So, we have that delima as well. They one we used last year was just too pricy and cold.<br>You near stock CJ will be just fine. This is a rather mild run, normally. A lot of snow can change that. Of course, it becomes a total blast then.<br>I know the are pretty well. If the weather is clear, the are tons of Kodac moments. Normally, we do not any more have a huge turn out. The one District (now retired) Ranger down there, closed up a lot of great 4x4 roads. But, still there are enough to keep us quite busy. Unfortunately, many are spread out a bit. <br>When I find out something, I will try to remember to post the info under this section.<br>We normally have a lot of fun and laughs, even at the motel in the evenings.<br>B4W rules do not permit alcohol on the trail and we do Tread Lightly! Now, alcohol in the evenings, after we get back.........<br>We are also very family oriented. So, bring the family along.<br>Thanks for the invite.<br>That drive to Richmond is not a ton of fun because of DC. So, we will work that out around a special occassion.<br>See ya! 8)
Old 12-03-2002, 11:55 PM
Administrator

Man, I may have to trade a couple tractors in for a few Jeeps now.