Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

ABDTR informal meet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well...... first I took down the turbo actually the shaft bearing. Then I removed the intercooler to have a factory weld fixed, know I'm chasing a bad injector casuing high EGT's. Besides all that the truck is running great, cut the hole for the scotty II, the thing sounds like it is going to take off All I can say is thank god for warranty on these parts
Old 12-14-2004, 10:04 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmm... I was cautious of the XXX injectors for some of my own reasons..

The turbo bearing is not a good sign either considering the HX gave you better service. I would be bending that ear over at the local BD vendor, need some answers there.

Better luck....

J-eh
Old 12-15-2004, 09:38 AM

I'm not sure it's actually a bad injector ...... yet, I actually think the things are larger than they claim hence the high EGT as far as the turbo, it is the same compressor as the B1 series just alot cheaper so I can't really say the turbo is junk either I thnik I'm just getting rid of all the bad parts so eveyone else can get good ones I tell you what I can change turbo's and injectors a quite a rate now. The new turbo should be here thursday so another wrench session sat morning i guess.
I talked to the service mamager at BD and he siad that when I perform a pressure test I should have NO leak through the valves at any point in the crank rotation the warranty guy has been more help the rest put together, good thing Albert Mckynne goes to bat for me every time that's why I buy there, when I break parts he just orders another one and deals with the warrnaty after, that good service i my mind.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:53 AM

Location: Alberta Foothills - Power to grow with 6 in a row - XLR8
Shane,
I saw your turbo at Alberts the other day. What exactly is it? I might need one. I did a fuel plate swap with Albert. He gave me a #10 and I gave him my #11. I think a turbo is in order. Later.
Andy
Old 12-19-2004, 11:35 AM

EAT, I am presuming you are talking to me Jason #3, I picked up the new Super b turbo (air werks s300) it is the same turbo as the B1 except the b1 has a larger shaft and flows a little more air, however the super is said to spool quicker,and it does it will spool as quick if not quicker than my stock hx 35, the super b is a beeifer turbo than the hx40 and is more resistant to shaft damage from backpressure when getting off the skiinny pedal to quick. I had the first super b exchanged thursday due to a bearing faliure, the new turbo seems to spool and gain boost alot faster then the first super b so maybe the old girl was a dud from the start, I did remove the intercooler while i was installling the turbo and got a small leak fixed however,oh well. Lastly as to not scare anybody away from the new edm bd nozzles mine all check out ok as BD thought I might have a injector problem also, I still think however they are more then the advertised 130 hp rating
Old 12-19-2004, 05:26 PM

Location: Alberta Foothills - Power to grow with 6 in a row - XLR8
Sorry,
Yes, I meant Jason. So you're up and running now eh? I'll have to do a little turbo research soon.
Andy
Old 12-19-2004, 05:38 PM

If you are under 450 rwhp and are planning on staying under that hp you should be good with the super b, my problem is I am over the 450 and am not ready for twins ....don't really want them, but towing the 5th wheel will tell the tape next spring, nice thing with the 24 valve is I just turn down the box and every thing is good, I just wish I could safely use all the power I have ......IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE.