Introductions / New People If you're new to the site, feel free to introduce yourself here. Welcome!

Hello and Questions about DPF and EGR Deletes

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello and Questions about DPF and EGR Deletes

Last year my dpf got clogged, it was under warranty at that time so the 1000+ repair bill was done at no cost to me obviously. That was August...this year the VERY same weekend it clogged again! I'm very tempted to just sell it and go back to gas since I am so fed up with the dpf problems. Both times it happened going 65 on a hwy. I never idle it and most of my driving, especially during summer is hwy or freeway. Most posts I have read about deleting the dpf and egr say you ask yourself why didn't you do it sooner. I don't really have a desire to increase performance I just want the dam^ exhaust to work. Does anybody have any idea about the cost? Also, in Washington State we don't have emissions for diesels for 2007 and up and all cars 2009 and up. I am a little concerned about the legality of it. Is it worth the risk to get that crap off? Also while in limp mode should I get it fixed costing me 1000+ or can I find somebody to delete it now? Thanks for your help, I love the truck, love diesel but cannot have a huge exhaust repair bill every year.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by GavinS
Last year my dpf got clogged, it was under warranty at that time so the 1000+ repair bill was done at no cost to me obviously. That was August...this year the VERY same weekend it clogged again! I'm very tempted to just sell it and go back to gas since I am so fed up with the dpf problems. Both times it happened going 65 on a hwy. I never idle it and most of my driving, especially during summer is hwy or freeway. Most posts I have read about deleting the dpf and egr say you ask yourself why didn't you do it sooner. I don't really have a desire to increase performance I just want the dam^ exhaust to work. Does anybody have any idea about the cost? Also, in Washington State we don't have emissions for diesels for 2007 and up and all cars 2009 and up. I am a little concerned about the legality of it. Is it worth the risk to get that crap off? Also while in limp mode should I get it fixed costing me 1000+ or can I find somebody to delete it now? Thanks for your help, I love the truck, love diesel but cannot have a huge exhaust repair bill every year.
--------------------------------------------
Welcome to the website Sir!

Yes, you can delete your truck, but you will most likely have a problem finding vendors in the U.S. to sell one to you. About a year ago, the EPA fined "H&S Performance" millions of dollars for selling the DPF Delete Kits and also hit "Edge Products" as well. So, current diesel vendors cannot sell these delete kits due to that issue. However, you can still get the kits out of Canada and in some overseas markets. You can Google that and find them but they are expensive. Although Washington State does not currently have diesel emissions inspections I don't think it will be long before the EPA and the federal government cracks down on this and requires ALL states to implement some type of program like that.

Anyway,....be careful and good luck!

-----------
John_P