Introductions / New People If you're new to the site, feel free to introduce yourself here. Welcome!

Greetings All!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings All!

I am glad to have found this site! I have allready found several very interesting threads on topics I have great interest in. I am an owner of a 2001 3/4t. 5.9l extended cab, 4x4 with 160k on it. I plan to roll 500k in this truck or better in my lifetime. I wish my cab were more spacious but I wouldnt trade my noisy cummins with it's 6-speed and cool body design for the newer trucks. I have worked out some of the design issues with this era of truck: i.e. installed a fantastic FASS fuel/air separation system with a pressure alarm (after my stock fuel pump went out and fried my injector pump) and upgraded to the K&N air system. I havent gotten around to adding a chip but would like to.

A few things that I want to do is to add the chip as mentioned, possably add a jake brake and install a nice light system at the back of my truck for hooking up the trailer at night and backing up out in the woods at night. My heated mirrors quit working a couple of years ago and I haven't chased down the problem. It only bugs me a couple of months out of the year but I need to get on that. also, my heater is acting up: the flaps inside seem to be sticking a bit. I don't know if anyone has put together a list of things to oil or tweak to get it working right again? I am going to have to put a new clutch in it one of these days. Isn't slipping but I know it is comming with this many miles.

I am looking forward to checking off these issues and getting some good info from this site!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome! It sounds as if you are well on your way with improvements; however, I recommend you reconsider the K&N system. I do not believe the K&N product to be an upgrade to the stock air box. Do a search and you will understand what I am referring to.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to DTR...