Introductions / New People If you're new to the site, feel free to introduce yourself here. Welcome!

Cummins owner from California

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 10:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cummins owner from California

Hello everyone! Long time Mopar fan here, mostly with the old muscle cars but I've had my 2500 now about 2 years and we're planning an across the country trip this year so I thought I better hop it up a little, and by the looks of things this is the place to ask questions.

I've been reading around so I've been able to pick up some basics and will start my own thread when I get going. 72k on the odometer right now and it sounds like the trans will need to be beefed some, lol.

I've been wenching for 32 years and at Toyota for the last 12.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:20 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Welcome to DTR!!!! Yep, this IS the place for "hop up" info!!!!

1) Gauges (Fuel pressure, Pyro, Boost, Tranny Temp)
2) Free flowing exhaust.
3) Cold air intake system.
4)Performance module, preferly an adjustable on the fly; i.e. Quadzilla's XZT+ or Edge Comp (I like the XZT+)
5) As for the tranny, you at least need a shift kit and deep pan (at a bare min.) Then maybe a good billet triple disc torque converter. NOW the order numbers 4 and 5 probably should be flipped, maybe not.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
right on man...check out winspeed performance, they are located in martinez. they will be happy to assist you in your cummins needs...Adam is the owner, his name on here is WINSPEED - chris
Old 04-29-2008, 10:37 PM

Hey thanks.

4" exhaust is on the way and I'll do gages in the next few weeks. I have a K&N in the stock box. Shift kit is definitely on the list but wanted to hold off on a converter until next year. I don't drive it very hard but it sure shifts like a slug box!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:39 PM

Thanks for the tip on winspeed, thats a 10 minute drive. Do they have a web site?
Old 04-29-2008, 10:41 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Originally Posted by maxwedge
Hey thanks.

4" exhaust is on the way and I'll do gages in the next few weeks. I have a K&N in the stock box. Shift kit is definitely on the list but wanted to hold off on a converter until next year. I don't drive it very hard but it sure shifts like a slug box!
A shift kit or even better, a purpose built valvebody, will make a BIG difference in shifting and driving pleasure.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:03 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome to DTR!!! We'll expect you at some of the Nor Cal gatherings now...
Old 04-30-2008, 08:21 PM

no website...look him up on www.norcaldieselforum.com and join! i believe its down at this second though
Old 04-30-2008, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by JPR Ram
A shift kit or even better, a purpose built valvebody, will make a BIG difference in shifting and driving pleasure.
My buddy at work who has an '03 2500 confirmed valvebody is the way to go so I guess thats what I'll do. Thanks for the tips JPR and I guess I better get going on a thread in the tech section, lol. btw, 4" MPRP arrived at my door today but I wasn't home to sign for it....bummer.
Originally Posted by soulezoo
Welcome to DTR!!! We'll expect you at some of the Nor Cal gatherings now...
Thats a thunbs up!
Originally Posted by one54ton
no website...look him up on www.norcaldieselforum.com and join! i believe its down at this second though
Thats right down near the train tracks and I remember there was a guy down there who ran a stock car operation right in there. I bought a few parts and tools from them. I'll check the forms out...thanks.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:26 PM

I was going to post a pic of my truck here but since I don't yet have a full grasp
of all the rules here yet I'll just post a link. Seems they want you to use DTR's servers for file uploads which is kind of the oppisite of normal from the threads I've read so far regarding pictures.I use Photobucket for file hosting.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j7...sc/Ram2500.jpg

As I was typing this, UPS showed up at my door with the exhaust system! LOL.
I put in an e-mail request to pick it up and I guess they called the driver to deliver it, LOL.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:25 PM

Good looking truck!!!! Silver is the BEST color for these trucks!!! Then again, I am baised, my truck is also silver.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:02 AM

Welcome. Silver is the best color. Me, both my parents, brother, and GF will all have to agree since we all drive silver vehicles. Does sound a little wierd now that i think about it.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:02 AM

I didn't pick the color, it picked me! I was shopping at Fry's one day and saw a for sale sign on this one and said to my self, "This babes mine!".

Silvers nice but it sure looks bad when its faded but I guess any color does too.