HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

water...please help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ramblinNrollin
exxon in brookshire texas...i might add since then i have been by there to take pictures and document that all pumps have been shut down and roped off so no one else can fill up... i have told my attorney this and we r going to try to find other people that have filled up here because there has got to be more than just me

sorry to hear about your problems. was this the exxon at koomey rd or the one on 359? for future trips through there there is a flying j at 359 on the north side, or you can go to the Citgo on the south side of i10 and 359 for some B20
Old 09-01-2007, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by ramblinNrollin
first off a little background... i own a 2006 dodge cummins 4x4 dually and use it to pull my 40ft straight deck trailer for a living(hotshot)... last thursday i got done dropping a load off and was low on fuel and pulled into and exxon to fill up... let me just say me personally usually fill up at either flyin j or valero fill in stations but i was low and needed diesel so i stopped at this shady lookin exxon... put exactly 30 gallons and headed home made it approx. 5 miles when my truck water in fuel light came on and started shaking shortly thereafter... keep in mind that i have my 40fter on down i10 with lots of traffic so i couldnt just shut it off immedialetly. i nursed it over to the shoulder of the road by that time so much white smoke was coming out of exhaust u couldnt even see the trailer or anyone behind me.... to make a long story short i had it towed to local dodge dealership...following morning they called and asked if i ahd filled up with my water hose....i immedialtely went back to the exxon and taked to the owner... again long story short...he said sorry he has had problems with water in his holding tanks before. i bit my tongue since he promised to make it right. his insurance adjuster contacted me 2 days later after repeated attempts of myself tryin to get ahold of him...like i said i hotshot and my truck is my work..i finally got the adjuser....long story short again....he said they r only willing to pay 6000.00 out of the 20000 yes 20,000 dodge said it was going to cost and if that wasnt enough my down time and rental truck would not be provided either.... thank god i kept my reciept because i have gotten an attorney and am takin him to court... i do not have the money to get my truck fixed..so i am stuck paying 100.00 a day 4 a rental that comes out of my pocket.. my lawyer said that exxon has 60 days to settle and thereafter if no agreement is reached it could take up to 2yrs harris county.(houston) to go to court.... i cannot beleive how this could happen and why or how anyone could possibly afford this...also why wont exxon just settle? i have the diesel receipt, tow receitp, 30 gallons of watery diesel and a qoute from dodge .... also do yall think my truck will ever be the same they said pretty much everything is fried.. injectors, new motor b/c theold had metal shaving where hte rod hit the piston i mean it just gos on and on.. sorry bout the length of this just very stressed and need some advice thanks to all and always remeber keep your reciepts...
Sue, sue, sue the He-- out of them bums!
Old 09-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Banned

Well first off they wont be taking the blame for the incident it will be sent to exxon to deal with more then likely. I have gotten bad fuel from exxon 4 times within the last 2 years the first time it blew my injectors (stock) the second i blew injectors (big stixs) and stock turbo and the third time i caught the problem and cleaned tank and new filter this last time it blew my injectors(big stixs) and turbo(HTT SS62) felling my pain yet. Their response the first two times I had receipts each time was sue us we will tie you up in court for so long you will be wishing you hadnt and the truck in the meantime will be down and im sure our lawyers are way better then yours is. I thought i was safe after the first time and i always checked color and smell of each tank but you never know once it settles. I never run below a 1/4 tank now and a gdp and filters are going on my 07 really soon. Sorry for your problems and some insurance companies will work with you they may say it cant be covered but if you did into some clauses their are loopholes you just have to find them they wont admit they are their otherwise.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:37 PM

i no its been a while still waiting... got em to 27,000 thousand which is good for my cut..however the lawyer gets 33percent of that so im not settling just yet until they pay his fees... they have until march 2008 thast when it goes to court..
Old 12-05-2007, 10:38 PM

oh and i have pics if anyone is still interested?
Old 12-06-2007, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Yep, I sure am, post them puppies!

Is it running good now?