HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

UPDATE:chngd rear sensor/didn't help

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPDATE:chngd rear sensor/didn't help

Changed out rear sensor and now ABS/airbag lights are still showing lit, not to mention that annoying *ding-ding* and speedo going wacko. Do you think I might have an electrical problem, as well? Runs fine and brakes work, as well. Thanks in advance for any input, hope it isn't too complicated for myself to fix. <br><br>Tina in Texas
Old 05-16-2003, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:UPDATE:chngd rear sensor/didn't help

[quote author=DodgeGirl link=board=13;threadid=14807;start=0#138887 date=1053103787]<br>Changed out rear sensor and now ABS/airbag lights are still showing lit, not to mention that annoying *ding-ding* and speedo going wacko. Do you think I might have an electrical problem, as well? Runs fine and brakes work, as well. Thanks in advance for any input, hope it isn't too complicated for myself to fix. <br><br>Tina in Texas<br>[/quote]<br><br>Did you clean the connector on the wire side.<br>If not, clean well, brake cleaner works great I think, let dry and smear with dialectric grease to keep future moisture and gunk out.<br><br>Also, could check all connectors between the sensor you replaced and the connection to the ECM/PCM.<br><br>Also, is the sensor able to slide up and down in it's mount?<br>You might have the sensor too close or too far from the axle.<br><br>If you're still havening problems, your old sensor was probably fine, if you haven't tossed already, should keep for future swapping.<br><br><br>phox
Old 05-16-2003, 04:29 PM

Phox,<br>Thanks for the reply. I drove it around this afternoon and it seemed to gradually get better. Didn't even act up at all on the drive home. Thanks for the brake cleaner tip. Have some here, I think. <br>I appreciate it,<br>Tina Dear<br>Quitman, Tx.
Old 05-16-2003, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Oh ya, just thought of this too.<br><br>Sometimes after you fix the problem that caused the &quot;idiot lights&quot;, it takes a couple of starts to clear the codes, and therefore the lights.<br><br><br>phox
Old 05-16-2003, 05:26 PM

Phox,<br>Thanks, still gonna check the connecters, as well. You know, I didn't even mind the lights being on,.....it was that irritating *ding-dinging* that got to me. ;D<br>Anyhow, Thanks,<br>Tina
Old 05-16-2003, 06:51 PM

My lights went out and the spedo started working again right away. ???<br>I'll bet it will take a few starts like Phox said.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:33 PM

Copenhagenjunkie,<br>I think ya'll are right, ......got into the truck earlier (bad storm, tornado watch) to move under carport and lights were on. :'( Anyhow, will clean connector tomorrow and see how that works. <br>Thanks alot, you guys,<br>Tina<br><br>Hey, is you name based on your &quot;chew&quot;?
Old 05-18-2003, 01:15 PM

[quote author=DodgeGirl link=board=13;threadid=14807;start=0#139096 date=1053135213]<br><br>Hey, is you name based on your &quot;chew&quot;?<br>[/quote]<br><br>You got it!!! And no I don't have ugly stained ;D, I make regular visits to the dentist.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:33 PM

Is there a speed sensor on the back of the transfer case (4x4) or on the trans (4x2) for the speedometer reading could this be bad.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:46 AM

cummingetsome,<br>I changed out the sensor that sits about the rear differential, it seems to give me some trouble days after I had it on, but, today ran without and ringing or lights blinking on. Hopefully the problem has been corrected. Thanks. I appreciate everyone for getting back with me. Too bad ya'll don't live closer. <br><br>Tina in Texas
Old 05-22-2003, 01:03 PM

Dodgegirl I am not sure about the newer ones but on the older ones there was a sensor on the transfer case or trans for the speedometer If you have more problems you might look at it and see if you have one it will look similar to the one you changed on the rearend. Matt