HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

trans slipping

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trans slipping

ok, this just first started saturday night, i was leaving home going to my bros house, didnt warm the truck much, only 30 sec. or so. backed outta the driveway, put it in drive and it wouldnt go, engine would rev but tires werent moving. after about 3 sec. she caught and took off. ***? so i was gonna drive it aprox 2 miles and check for any other bad sign. nothing so i kept going. got to next stop sign and same thing wouldnt go for a couple sec. well i was in a major hurry so i kept going, but was super easy on the go pedal. got to my bros and left it sit till today. checked the fluid, its alittle over full, doesnt smell burnt. but the truck is still doing this? truck has about 104,000 miles. tc is not the stock one, it is painted blue, trans is gray in color and the paint is older and flaking off some. so i am thinking this is a reman or something. any ideas on whats going on? a band problem? thanks in advance
Old 12-26-2005, 01:04 PM

IF you checked the fluid while it was cold then the TC was probably drained back and since you said that it was just over full I would think that when the tranny does warm up and the TC fills up then you may be low on fluid. It needs to be checked warm and in N. Check it warm and see if it still says a little over full.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you changed the transmission filter lately. Over full and slipping usually indicates a partially plugged filter to me.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:06 PM

ok, i found the problem. the trans cooler line was rubbing on the frame under the engine. rubbed a hole in the line. didnt notice the leak cuz it was dark out. the tc musta drained back into trans to make it appear full when i checked it cold. anyways i cleaned it up, sodered(sp) it up, bent it outta the way, dumped 3 quarts in her, and went on my way.

sorry i guess i was just freaked out with the known problems with the dodge trannys. thanks for the replies.