HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

dealer wont warranty lift pump

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dealer wont warranty lift pump

my 01 ctd is at the dealer right now and they say that dc will not warranty the new in tank lift pumps. i have read a couple of threads here that say they have warranteed the new in tank lift pump. i called dc and they said they would pay all but $200 of the cost for the lp installed. dick scott dodge in plymouth mi wants $926 for the lp installed.

it is my understanding that dc decided they will not warranty the new style lift pumps. but they did warranty the old stylye. if so i am pretty p/o at dc about this.

do i have any recourse here? what should i do.

the dealer said i have a problem with the injection pump and they cannot do anything with it till the lp is replaced. for the $926 deal i was going to do it myself but for $200 i told them i am still unhappy that i am not getting a real warranty but to do the job.

if you have any advice for me please post it here or pm me. thanks, Darrin
Old 12-20-2005, 10:36 PM
Registered

my dad's vp went out last week . 2002 with 93000 miles on it and they put the pump in the tank also at no charge at all. well, he payed for the new filter.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:15 AM

Darrin,

I would tell that dealer to go to ****. They should warranty anything that DC has put in your truck. I would give another Dodge dealer call. I would find one that knows what they are talking about and has a diesel mechanic on staff.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:31 AM

So you had the lp replaced with the in-tank pump and that pump failed?
Old 12-21-2005, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Phatboy
So you had the lp replaced with the in-tank pump and that pump failed?
no, the truck is at the dealer now, they have not done anything but diagnos the bad lp and pull codes to find bad ip. as of right now i still have the original lp.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:14 AM

Don't feel bad My pump went out to. 04 CTD. Its been at the dealer for 2 days now and they haven't even pulled it in yet.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:19 AM

one of the problems i have is that i have nothing solid to tell the dealer or dc. when i called dc they said that it is not a covered item now and act dumb about it. what do i have to tell them? i need something concrete. i cant really tell them that i read online ",,,,"... know what i mean.

i asked dc if it was a covered item last summer, and i still have warranty then why exactly is it not covered now?

i wonder if gm owners have these kind of problems?
Old 12-21-2005, 10:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They owe you a working truck! If the in tank pump is all that's available as a replacement, they have no right to charge you the "difference" for making it better than it was. If not, tell them to replace the lift pump with the original style. If they still give you grief, take it up with Judge Judy. DC is not the final word here. Good luck.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:15 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, what he said.

I vote for them just replacing the carter pump in the stock location.

J Body would have more insight into this matter. Form what I understand they ONLY replace with the new style, but I never heard that the customer had any financial responsibilty because of their decision to change the design?

I would be ticked, don't give them any $ till you have more ideas here. 9 Bills for a new LP seems a bit steep. Maybe you could buy them old style stock LP, then they can sport for the $1,200 VP 44??

Would be chaper than what they propose.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:55 AM

We have done over a dozen of these pumps in the last few months and dc has covered them. They originally were not giong to cover the change over but then it became a superseded part to where that is all that's available so they had to. We have not had any problems getting them covered. Secondly the difference in cost between the in tank and the old lp is litteraly $342.00 for the old one and $380.00 for the in tank. My math doesn't come up to $200.00 but $38.00 instead. Third thing is that on that job we only charge 2.5-3.0 hours to do it which @ $78.00/hr is still only just over $600.00. Sounds like the dealer is making way to much on the job and just doesn't want dc to cover it.

Travist
Old 12-21-2005, 11:13 AM

When I talked to the dealer on mine they said it would be about 10-12 days to get one. also they haven't ordered it yet. so we are looking at my truck sitting there for over 2 weeks.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:59 AM

If none of this works out or if you can get them to give you the $200 , then take that and mod your truck with one of the good after market fuel systems that are posted about here, if you do finely get some satisfaction , then start a aftermarket parts savings , becouse it seems that they do not have a good fuel system for the truck anyway.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:45 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dencordle
When I talked to the dealer on mine they said it would be about 10-12 days to get one. also they haven't ordered it yet. so we are looking at my truck sitting there for over 2 weeks.
Sounds like they don't want any of your future business! That's just too long.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:20 PM

Just replace it yourself and be done with it.

I'm on my 4th lift pump and just can't be bothered to play the games at the dealer to get it replaced under warranty. Easier just to change it out myself.

Jeff
Old 12-21-2005, 01:23 PM

Can I get one somewhere else besides dealer and how much $$

Quick Reply: dealer wont warranty lift pump