HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

steering wheel @2:00

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steering wheel @2:00

Quote:You can position the steering wheel anywhere you like in relation to the vehicles front wheels. All it requires is changing the length of the drag link. Crawl under the front of your truck. The item you &quot;popped&quot; off the steering box is the Pitman arm. Leave it alone. Attached to the Pitman arm is the drag link. It is in two pieces that are connected by a tube. Loosen the bolts at both ends of the tube and you can change the length of the drag link by turning the tube. Be sure to lock up the tube when you finish <br><br>Can anyone be a little bit more detailed, my wheel is pointing at about 2:00 and I would not know what a drag link was if it came up and bit me. does any body have any photos of where the pitman arm is and what bolts I need to loosen to turn the tube. Oh, which way do you turn the tube I know I can do it if I had a bit more info.... Thank You in advance...<br><br>Tommy
Old 10-09-2002, 09:01 PM

Re:steering wheel @2:00

I dont know about the new trucks with the airbag but on older vehicles you could just take the steering wheel off and position it correctly. Of course you had to make sure your front wheels were straight at the time. I have not messed with the newer steering wheels with the airbag so I dont know if it would work or not.<br>Doing what you quoted sounds like a whole lot of work just to straighten out the steering wheel. Im sure it is possible to do it that way but sounds like more trouble than I would want to go through.<br><br>
Old 10-12-2002, 04:43 PM

Re:steering wheel @2:00

The pitman arm is the arm connected to the steering box. Follow the steering box out to the rod which is connected to it. it heads toward the pasenger side of the vehicle. Right in the middle of that rod are the bolts and locking tube. Turn the tube with channel locks, when it is loose pull down, if you are laying in front of the truck.