HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Malicious damage

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 02:37 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Malicious damage

Have just had someone run a key or something like that across one door. The scratch is quite deep but not very wide. Does anyone have any ideas how to hide the worst of the scratch? How about the color waxes? I do not want to paint the door and it is not worth making an insurance claim. :'( :'( :'(
Old 03-23-2003, 02:54 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re:Malicious damage

Check a furniture store, they might have a &quot;Repair Stick&quot;, kinda like a crayon to fill and hide scratches on furniture.<br>Ya just need to find the right color.
Old 03-23-2003, 03:06 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to your local dealer and you can get a little bottle of paint ( that is the exact match ) for your truck. Sorry to here that mexstan, it truly suck's! &gt;
Old 03-23-2003, 03:22 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep something on it to prevent rust, and maybe somebody from the site with paint experience can help at a meet or bomb session?
Old 03-23-2003, 04:28 PM

I think his location is rather south of any local bomb parties, but you never know. Mexstan, I see you list your truck as almond. Is it really Lt Almond, pearl coat, paint code PKJ? If it is, I have a small vial of it from when I had my running boards painted to match my color. If it is, PM your mailing address and I'll send it to you.<br><br>~Dave
Old 03-23-2003, 04:39 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Thanks guys for all your suggestions.<br>NWDave, you are too kind. Yes, my truck is light almond. In all honesty I do not think this is a practical idea as I live near Mexico City. It will probably be cheaper for me (and you) to either get some touch up paint from the local Mexican dealer or from the dealer next time I am in the US.<br>BTW, I used to own a house in Mill Creek and work in Everett. If you still want to send it to me, let me know and I will PM you my address.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:18 PM

[quote author=Redleg link=board=13;threadid=12658;start=0#119544 date=1048454576]<br>Keep something on it to prevent rust, and maybe somebody from the site with paint experience can help at a meet or bomb session?<br>[/quote]<br>Hey if I can consider driving around this big lake for a road trip to one of these events that don't seem to make it to Michigan, I'm sure he might too. Now maybe I just won't go!<br>Just kidding, I do hope we get some good ones going though.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:48 PM

Redleg, if youy don't mind driving, why don't you pick this up at NWDaves place and bring it down to me? Of course NWDave could also bring it down. The first one to come down here gets three free genuine Mexican meals. <br>BTW, I have driven around your big lake more than once so know what you are talking about.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:56 PM

It's up to you. As you say, you might have better luck at your dealer or perhaps your local DuPont Automotive Paint Dealer (such as my wife). Just give them the paint code, they should be able to pop out the proper mix in no time, with the DuPont computer. If not, PM me and I'll see about smuggling you some through the mails. I'd love to hand deliver unfortunately work prohibits it. The furthest south I've been is Cabo San Lucas and wasn't there long enough, to be truthful.<br><br>~Dave
Old 03-23-2003, 08:02 PM

[quote author=Mexstan link=board=13;threadid=12658;start=0#119622 date=1048470511]<br>Redleg, if youy don't mind driving, why don't you pick this up at NWDaves place and bring it down to me? Of course NWDave could also bring it down. The first one to come down here gets three free genuine Mexican meals. <br>BTW, I have driven around your big lake more than once so know what you are talking about.<br>[/quote]<br>I'd love to, but it's gonna have to wait til I find a nice crew cab body. Then I'll call in a suspicious tip at the border so they'll strip it all down for me.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:06 PM

Thanks, but let me first try the local guys. As of about an hour ago it looks like I will be driving up to San Antonio, Texas around April 15 or 16 so am sure that I can get it up there. if not, I will give you a call.<br>Cabo San Lucas is not true Mexico. Too tourist tainted. I live in the real Mexico if any of you are ever down this way. Just a few hours drive away is an area I used to live in that the National Geographic calls the second nicest climate in the world. Only a very slight differance where I live. Are you drooling yet? Right now at 8:05 PM the temperature is 74 degrees, slight breeze and the humidity is 32%. Beautiful sunset. Just about as perfect as it can get! 8)<br>Now are you going to bring that paint down to me?
Old 03-23-2003, 08:12 PM

Did some training in Panama and loved it. Not much on desert areas though. I assume your probably tropical.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:13 PM

Actually, somewhere between sub-tropical and mediteranian.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:16 PM

O.K. your on the list right along with Alpine. <br><br>It may be awhile, but not necessarily unlikely.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:23 PM

You can easily Ram your way down to me but that would be a tad difficult in the case for Alpine.<br>FYI, I am considering a drive up north via North Carolina and Harrisburg, Pa. to Toronto around the end of May. Will probably return inland and may even go thru Chicago.

Quick Reply: Malicious damage