HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
electrical problems

My CD player comes on for a few seconds and then shuts off. and then comes on again and off again and so on and so on. While this is happening there is clicking noises coming from what i think is a relay in the fuse panel. this is happening with the ignition switch off and the key out. Also to add to my problems today i jumped in the cab and both seat belts were locked up and i could not pull them out of the in seat reel, i don't know if this is related to the cd player thing or not. This is where it really gets weird when i push in the cigar lighter the CD player turns off, when i pull it back out the CD player turns on again. please help me.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:41 PM

Seatbelts and CD player are definitely NOt related.

You may have a bad ground on the cd player. Check and make sure the wiring harness in the back is fully plugged in.

Sounds like a good excuse to get an aftermarket CD player. The Infinity unit isnt very good, IMO.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fill out your sig so we know what type of truck you have. as to your problem you are getting some type of feed back. is the cd a factory one? does it run off thr radios din plug? i suspect it is aftermarket and wired incorrect. you have a feed back and most likely a blown fuse. look where the ground and power are comming from. you need a good chassis ground and the power hooked up to the proper keyed supply.

as doc evil said the seat belts are all on their own. i would look at the belt being twisted binding up the retractor.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:18 AM

The seat belts are not twisted, i could see if it were just one that locked up solid but it is both front seat belts and the seat belt indicator light stays on all the time even while driving. As for the cd player it is an after market been in the truck for a year and a half, that i put in myself using a good plug in harness the only wire i had to modify was the ground and its good. All of these electrical issues started happening the same day that is why i think i have some kind of short or control module problems.
I got the seat belt to work and the light went out but then it happened again about and hour later. I know there is a black box under the center front seat that controls the seat belt lock up its a safety thing, if the angle your truck is steep it will lock up the belts in case of a rollover. Does anyone know if the wiring for this runs in the dash in the vacinity of the Stereo system or cigar lighter.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Jrr

I agree with nitrousn sounds like you have a feed back loop going on.......
Old 12-11-2004, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by Dr. Evil

Sounds like a good excuse to get an aftermarket CD player. The Infinity unit isnt very good, IMO.
Look what happens when you make assumptions

Could be short or intermittan connection in the new harness??