HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Booster Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 05:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Booster Replacement

I needed to replace the brake booster in my 01 3500 and now can't figure out a problem. Upon receiving a reman and installing, the brake peddle doesn't reach the brake light switch. I'm scratching body parts on this on as there is no adjustments anywhere. I took the replacement back and had the parts guy send out my original to be rebuilt, after measuring the new against the old and finding absolutely no difference between the two. Upon return of the original, I re-installed the unit and sure enought, it does the same thing. The peddle is not even with the clutch, but back about a half inch, whith keeps it from contacting the light switch by about an eighth of an inch. The booster is mounted tight on the firewall and the connecting rod to the brake peddle is non-adjustable. Everything is a static adjustment so there is no way that I can see for me to move the peddle into it's proper position. Even the light switch mounting is non-adjustable. Apparently it's suppose to be a no brainer, which at the moment must be what I am. Please if anyone can help me I sure would appreciate it.
This is my first time submitting to this forum but after reading some of the threeds, I see there is a wealth of knowledge out there. I hope someone will share theirs with me.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:43 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The barrel of the switch is self adjusting but you have to help it in your case.
Pull it outwards, step on the brakes, it's adjusted.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm, I think I did try pulling on it but I will certainly try it again, Thanks! By the way, is your brake peddle in about 1/2 inch compared to your clutch? I could swear they were even before.