HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

APPS and cruise about to drive me crazy!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 06:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
APPS and cruise about to drive me crazy!!

I had a bad apps. While it was acting up the cruise was on the blink also. If I reset the apps, the cruise would work again. I've put roughly 1,500 mile's on it since changing the apps and clearing the code's. From the start the truck is down on power with the new apps, but the cruise has worked until today. And, no code's.

So now, I changed the brake light switch. Cruise worked for 10 second's, then quit. I reset the apps again and the cruise is working now. Truck is still running unsatisfactory.

Any idea's what's going on. I'm going to exchange the apps tomorrow and see if maybe I just got a bad one.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Check to make sure the brake light switch is adjusted properly.
If it activates, it'll fool the system into thinking you hit the brake and signal the Cruise to disable.

As far as the APPS........could be a bad one, make sure it's the correct one for YOUR truck.....they might have shipped the wrong one.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
There's no adjusting the switch after the initial instalation. It's a one time set and forget it type deal. They say if you remove it,,,it's junk.

The dealer sold me the apps according to my vin. I've had 3 different dealer's tell me it's the right part #.

I hope the one I put on tommorow fix's it. If not, I'm going to try adjusting the voltage, even though it say's not to.