General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Smoke Stories?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another "headed home after a bad day at work"

cruising along, headed home... same story... this time it was about 4PM, and traffic was crawling on this one street and it should have been moving fine...

all of a sudden I see WHY... this chump is tooling along on his bicycle in the right lane like he's got NOWHERE better to be... I understand bicyclists have rights too, but this guy was just being rude... either make an effort and speed up, or USE THE HUGE SIDEWALK THAT'S 5 FEET TO YOUR RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

so what do I do? get right beside him, make eye contact, put it in 3rd at about 10mph and rug it... I still had the 5" side exit at the time... the AFC spring was in, but it and the housing were full forward, and I'll still block 3 lanes of traffic w/ that setup... I'll DEFINATELY hose some biker in the right lane...

I actually felt bad after that one... I got to thinking that there's a chance that someone coulda drove up over his butt if they drove into the smoke and couldn't see him... but the way dallas drivers are, they'll slow to a crawl for ANYTHING, so I'm pretty sure he made it out alive.

Forrest
Old 01-05-2005, 03:37 PM
JKM

Don't really have much for bobs , star wheel full forward , smokes more than stock , but not mushroom clouds like you fella's , but soemtimes before the engine is fully warmed up , if i letter have a good dose of the pedal i get a sizeable cloud of smoke , big ennough to lose the car behind me. Or impress the ladies
Old 01-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Forrest Nearing

I actually felt bad after that one... I got to thinking that there's a chance that someone coulda drove up over his butt if they drove into the smoke and couldn't see him... but the way dallas drivers are, they'll slow to a crawl for ANYTHING, so I'm pretty sure he made it out alive.

Forrest [/B]
I hope that you're more concerned about it than that... "Yeah, I'd bet that he lived through it...". Some people...
Old 01-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Banned

well, I didn't see anything about it on the news, so I figured he was alright... I wasn't gonna go back and check!

Forrest
Old 01-05-2005, 07:36 PM

Have another two for today..

I was out and about gettin stuff ready for school, you know, transcripts, paperwork, the usual rounds. I got the day off so i was in no hurry.. I was drivin to school today, and some guy and his gal, who was really really hott i might add were driving a booger green buggy, A volkswagon, the guy just went around me, was on his cell phone, and i was just chuggin along, and he flicked me off, i guess he either noticed i was eyein his woman, or Mr. Bigshot was in a hurry to get registered for school.... Now he flicked me the bird and sped off (somewhat) cut in front of me and preceeded to get to school... Ok now.... I get to school ticked, dazed, confused, but somewhat amused from the (i need to watch my explicit content so bare with me administrators..) ____________ (fill in ur blank guys..) So proceed and whats this? AN EMPTY PARKIN SPACE, next to WHOM? BUGGY BOY!!! Yeehah!! Ok, i was there to get my advisor to sign some paperwork and deliver my first round of spanish transcripts.. so i was in and out of the office in less than 20 minutes... Oh and what is this? my best friend (former roomate) needs a ride home? ok.... So i offer him a ride home (to freer) and proceed, i let him know what happened on the way to school. So i warm my plugs... Wait to start goes off, Pedal hits teh floor, a BIG VROOM, THEN RAW #2!!! i stood there with the pedal held and created more smoke for about 45 seconds... needless to say, the soot, and the booger green beetle, now had black nosehairs.....

Second story of the day, One of the little "nasties" that thinks her ya know dont stink.. was infront of me on the way back to school, problem is i had a trailer hooked up this time, (got to try my new dual purpose pintle) I had a ditch witch in tow... and was in the center lane and passed her while she was on the phone, she got mad and got infront of me and HIT HER BRAKES and slowed me down to about 25 miles an hour.... while she was still on the phone, mind u i had a 7000 lb trencher in tow, and even with brakes its kinda hard to stop on a dime.. many of us know that... Ok so she procceeds to slow me down, and then hammers it on home.. oh her little gold six bang stang was haulin... and i was mad!!! She has ruined my presentations in the past before.. told lies about me, thinks she is above me, and has been the worst lab partner i have ever had in my life!!!! I figure ive already sooted her car before, i wanted to get her this time.. Ok so on my way to school, bein that i had the trencher in tow i had to park in teh rear and go buy my books and stuff at about 4:30 in the afternoon... She had preceeded to park in the back and WHATS THIS??? on the way out of school i run into her... she was on the right lane to turn, and we were haulted because of the light, and i pulled up to her, on the left lane, with my lil toy in tow, and whats this? my tailpipe is just about at her window.... OH THIS IS PRICELESS!!! i dump the truck in third as well as the accelerator, and she barely starts moving, her window is down, and needless to say, RAW number two on a gear to high did its thing. heck it got so bad and the dude in front of her was on the phone too, so he wasnt moving.. LMBO!!!! black smoke hit her car, her face, and flooded her interior, and was bouncin back into my truck!! I HAVE NEVER BEEN PROUDER TO SMOKE ANYONE IN MY LIFE!!!! When i looked back at her, and saw her phone was down.. and was able to make out two little hands just barely, trying to wave off the smoke..... i knew i had done well....

TxDiesel007
Old 01-05-2005, 08:09 PM

Awesome Fellas! Today I towed my old mans Ford out of a mean hole. The reason the truck was in the hole was not driver error, or the fact it was a ford, but the whole driveway he was plowing was a sheet of ice. I was cummin' up the driveway with the comercial sander in the back, and I saw him. He was standing waste deep, in mud with ice chunks in it. So being the nice son I am, I just hooked up 2 tow straps up to his tow points, clipped em' om my Rear Tow Bar, and started to pull. I was trying to be gentle, as to not pull the frame out from under the truck, but my old man yells, "Can that wussy Dodge pull me?" Not only has he insulted my driving skill, but my truck too. This is about where I put the AT in 2, 4X4, and plant my foot into the carpet. Huge Plume of smoke, tires and turbo screamin'. The truck came out the hole like it was on level ground, cept for the fact when it came out it flew 10 feet in the air! He stepped out of his ford, into the Plume, hacked and coughed. As I came over to him breathing normally I say, "Thats not Junk smoke, thats power smoke". I think he wants to buy my truck now!

Dom

P.S. Keep 'em CUMMINs guys
Old 01-05-2005, 08:31 PM

U need to get some pics of big blue on here...

Priceless.. Moral of the story, never send a ford to do a dodges job offroad....

I thought my ford was good offroad.. dont compare to a semi bombed cummins...

TxDiesel007
Old 01-05-2005, 08:40 PM

My first Ford was an Incredible truck. I cant even Lie. I remember it well. It was a red 89 F-150, 300 straight 6, 5 speed manual. It was an animal. I plowed miles of driveway, put thousands of abusive miles on it, and all I ever did was change the oil, and replace the exhaust cuz it rotted. Got it for 500 bucks. I miss the old girl But now I've got Big Blue (AKA Birtha).

My scanner just took a poop, so I cant really get anything on at the moment. Im just havin all sorts of trouble with electronics of late. My camera took a poop too

Tryin my hardest,
Dom
Old 01-06-2005, 12:42 AM

Originally posted by Forrest Nearing
another "headed home after a bad day at work"

cruising along, headed home... same story... this time it was about 4PM, and traffic was crawling on this one street and it should have been moving fine...

all of a sudden I see WHY... this chump is tooling along on his bicycle in the right lane like he's got NOWHERE better to be... I understand bicyclists have rights too, but this guy was just being rude... either make an effort and speed up, or USE THE HUGE SIDEWALK THAT'S 5 FEET TO YOUR RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

so what do I do? get right beside him, make eye contact, put it in 3rd at about 10mph and rug it... I still had the 5" side exit at the time... the AFC spring was in, but it and the housing were full forward, and I'll still block 3 lanes of traffic w/ that setup... I'll DEFINATELY hose some biker in the right lane...

Forrest
I don't like bicycles on the main roads either for safety reasons. I've gone home to change my shorts more than once, and had to follow the marathoners that are blocking the whole lane for half a mile in traffic. Try to pass that on a busy day!!! If the bicycles have the same rights to the road as the cars do then they should have the same government "safety" regulations as cars do. They need lights, turn signals, slow moving vehicle sign, mirrors, liscense plates, insurance, obey all traffic regulations, and meet stringent emmissions standards stuffing a cat converter on their seat!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 03:37 PM

Deezle1. congrads on asking her to tie one with ya. But maybe she is saying yes so she can drive YOUR truck (or would that be her truck also now... ) and then smoke YOU out as you follow her or something.

When I do my testing it is on a wide 2 lane road. Good straight so you can get going rather fast. but has a wide corner near the end. But sitting there doing brake locks and then leaving about 50 feet of good 2nd & 3rd gear rubber. To see the look on people's eyes when they drive around the corner and come onto that straight and see smoke down the road like something was on fire.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:41 PM

All of us smokers would probably like these on the truck.

http://www.sootmonster.com/index.html

I haven't gotten mine yet but plan to in the spring time.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Banned

I prefer to roll incognito...

that way the whole, "sorry officer, I've been meaning to get this thing looked at..." has a better chance of flying...

Forrest
Old 01-06-2005, 04:46 PM

I was driving around a while back. My buddy was looking for a diesel(still is), and we went and looked at the car lot one night just to see what they had without bieng bothered by salesmen, and to have something to do. Well. We were coming back from looking at them, and someone gets all over my bumper. Couldnt hardly see there headlights. I locked the converter in overdrive, and laid into it a little a few times, and they backed off. I havent really had the reson to smoke the crap out of someone yet, but the day will come when someone flicks me off or something, and if that happens ill do my best to smoke the crap out of them. Must be waiting till i get a new torque converter so i can stay into it even after i get some boost . The way spoolup is with the 16 housing right now, it smokes quite a bit more than with the 12 because it takes longer for boost to build, but the 12 is going back on as soon as i get the chance, and feel like putting it back on.lol Ill report as soon as i get any good stories.

Eric
Old 01-06-2005, 05:09 PM

Thank you NuttyMopar, and yes, she drove my truck last night (The second person ever since I've owned it) and I was driving her Explorer, and she smoked me bad, I had all the windows open, even in the 20 degree weather... Needless to say, I'm now sick and my wife to be wants me to build her a truck like mine... Oye VEI! I love her to death, but I've got some cash in my truck Awe heck, I'll just trader her Explorer in I'd get yelled at tho... (She loves that darn thing, don't know why. Maybe its the supercharged 302 under the hood! )

Best of luck,
Dom
Old 01-07-2005, 08:16 PM

She asked me to trade it in... JEEZE, here we go boys, got another female to love diesels I can't do it tho, we're both going to Tech school and need vehicles we know run extremely well, and are familiar with.

Dom (AKA Cheezburger)

Quick Reply: Smoke Stories?