General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Smoke Stories?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK can't help it. After reading all this for the past 30 minutes I have to contribute. Best one, right before Mopar nats I had been trying to get my stacks in for the cruise on Brice in columbus after the show. well it didn't get done so all I had in the way of exhaust was a 5" pipe that I slapped on and ran a 90deg elbow out right in front of the pass side rear wheel, pointing down at about a 45 degree angle at the road. Well, during the cruise traffic stands pretty slow and I got behind another dodge CTD with about 6 people in the bed, a little ways down the road I stopped to let a few cars in from a parking lot, and being in my best mopar spirit the two chryslers that were there I let out and then pulled forward making the little white honda wait. Well he pulls up so his nose is like a foot away from the side of my truck and lays on the horn, so give her two big revs right in a row and the pipe was angled perfectly to direct all the smoke UNDER his car. soon after it ran out and up over all 4 sides of him. I got some cheers from the crowd and the people in the dodge now a few cars ahead T'was quite amusing
Old 01-08-2005, 08:50 PM

LOL. Got my truck back early. I smoked my cousin bad in his Scooby. He was sittin' behind me at a stop light, and i couldn't resist. The two 5 inch stacks run off the cab were shoutin' to do buisness. Put the tranny in neutral, and mashed the pedal. Let the RPMS come down a bit, slammed it in gear, and ran away

Keep em Smokin guys! Also, Please give your stories. Remember, somewhere somebody is laughing about this guys, and we all know laughing is the best medicine!

Dom
Old 01-09-2005, 12:12 AM

My best were when I had the 3" straight pipe on it. It was a recipe for disaster, it was me and two buddies were headin to a truck pull that I had entered in, we were at the light to turn at to get to the site and here come a couple of them goofy kids that wear all those big clothes with the chains and what not hanging off of them, they were in a compact car with all the windows rolled down One buddy says hit it! The car fills with smoke and you watch the two windows facing the tailpipe roll up, the light just turned so I nailed it again, for some reason we got the finger

Then on the last leg on the road to pull into the track I see someone pulling one of the pulling trucks on a trailer. It ticks me off that these trucks are being trailered in and entered in the stock class, so I pull up around him and hammer on it, he dissappeared in a cloud. His truck in tow ended up beating me in the pull though

Then on the way home there is this neon right on my ****, so I lock the converter and smoke the crap out of her, she backs off again and pretty soon the headlights get bigger and bigger so I hammer on it again. She couldn't get around me and finally pulled in behind me at 115MPH, so I slowed down to regular speed and gave her a half shot of it, then she tries it again but same thing except only up to about 90 this time. We hit our turn off and as she went around we saw the finger again Only bad part of the night was I lost one of the magnetic company signs on the door, must have been the wind or something
Old 01-09-2005, 12:16 AM

Got to add me and MnTom's startup smoke at the hotel he stayed at while he was in town, I ran into town to show him the way to my house and when we came out to start our trucks a guy was walking to his car, Tom starts his: a nice little soot cloud and the guy kinda looks, I start mine: another little soot cloud and the guy looked confused
Old 01-09-2005, 02:04 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Crimedog

Then on the last leg on the road to pull into the track I see someone pulling one of the pulling trucks on a trailer. It ticks me off that these trucks are being trailered in and entered in the stock class, so I pull up around him and hammer on it, he dissappeared in a cloud. His truck in tow ended up beating me in the pull though
I don't wanna rub anyone the wrong way, but it's a little pet peve of mine when people get mad at people who trailer their junk to the track...

when you race, you push your junk hard... when you push hard, stuff breaks... if you can afford to trailer your junk to the track, more power to ya... just because it's a streetable driver, doesn't mean you have to risk breaking 100+ miles from home if you can afford not to...

the closer you are to home, the harder you bang on your ride... if you're 1,000 miles away, you tend to shift a little softer, etc.

if you're COMPETING in a "street" class, you want to push as hard as you can... and when you do that, you know you're running the risk of breaking... so why not put it on the trailer?

coming up, my buddies and I always drove our junk to the strip... these days, we find it's a LOT less stressful (and we drive a little harder and run a little better) if we put it on the trailer!!

Forrest
Old 01-09-2005, 10:00 AM

Agreed Forrest.

I think that if you want to make it home, and your pushing your rig to the max, put it on a trailor. If your close, like i am to my pulling grounds, I just nicefoot it and not lock the converter all the time. Be gentile to the truck. Thats the only time im nice tho...

Dom
Old 01-09-2005, 04:53 PM

How can I get mine to smoke with out spending a ton of money on it.But I also need to drive it 100 miles a day to work.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Banned

w/ a 24v, you gotta spend cash to make it smoke

Forrest
Old 01-09-2005, 06:03 PM

man, I gotta get a box or something so mine can put out some decent soot.

Kinda chancy around here though, cops hate it (yuppie northern va). I actually had a call last night from the cops to impound a 12 valve that was "making a scene", as the cop put it, at a stoplight.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Banned

what do you do for a living?
Old 01-09-2005, 06:08 PM

drive a tow truck during the winter
Old 01-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Banned

so did they have the guy pulled over or what?
Old 01-09-2005, 06:21 PM

apparently the driver (17 yr old kid) was racing a guy in a 5.0 mustang off the line, I think the thing that really set the cops off was he had a straight pipe out the back and pretty much covered the entire intersection in smoke. When I got there he was mouthing off to the cops and got a free ride home in a cruiser. His gf and truck got to ride w/ me though lol

Im not sure what they gave him, I try not to pry into those things, but covering a major intersection w/ smoke in tree hugging no. Va and then be a smart___ about it isnt the smartest idea
Old 01-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Banned

sounds like his mouth got him into more trouble than his truck did!
Old 01-09-2005, 06:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good way to get in trouble, happened today. We have had some really warm days here, mid 70's. I was coming up to a light, no trailer, heavy traffic, inside lane on a four lane. Almost came to a stop for the light and it flipped to green, I dumped the throttle, one gear too high. Happened to see in the mirror, motorcycle cop hitting brakes and hitting the shoulder, did not look happy.

I made sure I was back in the right lane, he went past looking over the truck good. He really got a face full, right beside the tailpipe when I dumped it. I will be careful not to speed through there

Quick Reply: Smoke Stories?