General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

compare the dodge to the ford

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
compare the dodge to the ford

Anyone out there compare the new ford 6.0 diesel to dodges 5.9 as far as towing, fuel milage, durability, and comfort. Which is better in all the fields.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by patriot dodge
Anyone out there compare the new ford 6.0 diesel to dodges 5.9 as far as towing, fuel milage, durability, and comfort.

Try doing just a bit of research (use the "search" function) and you will see this comparison has been made more times than most of us here can count. If you don't like the results you have here, check the Ford forums as well.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but the quickness and wording of your question, lack of detail, and trying to sound like an innocient little question that's never been asked before smack of one who wants to stir up people. We call that a troll. I hope you're not, but it sure seems like it.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The point is it is the NEW Ford. They have not come up with a dependable engine and have to keep re-inventing themselves. If you are looking for a diesel truck and want reliability, longevity, and simplicity Dodge wins outs.

Ford makes a good truck, but obviously, most of us chose Dodge. This is not the best place to get an objective, unbiased rating.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:26 AM

You came to a dodge forum and asked if we think dodge is better than ford. What are you expecting us to say?? They say there's no such thing as a stupid question...Not trying to be rude but we're getting kinda tired of this question. Ford is being sued in over 70 class action lawsuits because of the 6.0 and DC isn't at all... YOU decide.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
You came to a dodge forum and asked if we think dodge is better than ford. What are you expecting us to say?? They say there's no such thing as a stupid question...Not trying to be rude but we're getting kinda tired of this question. Ford is being sued in over 70 class action lawsuits because of the 6.0 and DC isn't at all... YOU decide.
Not to mention that warranty costs at Ford are hitting $500 million, go figure.

I recommend that you buy the Ford and when you get tired of it being towed to the shop, sell it and buy the most reliable powerplant on the plant earth, CUMMINS.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:15 PM
JKM

These guys are right, reliability wise , dodge all the way. The crew i worked on this summer had four ford 6.0L trucks , all F350, all Crew cabs , two of them were 2004's, and two of them were 2005's , one of the 04's had been horrible as far as reliability , turbos , injectors , software, harnesses tranny , t case , a/c, it was alot of trouble , one of the 05's was the same way, it never worked right all summer, the other 2 trucks were good most of the summer , but even they were starting to act up when i quit in the end of august.

As far as interior comfort, i hated the 04's , and i liked the interior of the 05 ALOT , it was alot more comfortable than my truck (mind you i have not ridden in an 04 dodge) but it was also fully loaded, right down to the power sunroof and power rear slider, power adjust pedals, leather seats , you name it.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Work up a list of what you think is important, prioritize it, and then do a comparison. For me it went....

1. 4x4 Crew/quad cab pickup: Ford yes, Dodge yes
2. Cummins diesel: Ford no, Dodge yes.

Stop comparison, descision made :^)
Old 09-21-2006, 02:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Troll Alert!

EDIT

Imbecile Troll Alert!

Last edited by XLR8R; 09-21-2006 at 02:58 PM. Reason: 2nd Opinion
Old 09-21-2006, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by patriot dodge
Anyone out there compare the new ford 6.0 diesel to dodges 5.9 as far as towing, fuel milage, durability, and comfort. Which is better in all the fields.
Dude, you can't argue with F**d.... just buy one with the CumminGs in it
Old 09-21-2006, 03:20 PM

Chevy owns Ford
Old 09-21-2006, 06:41 PM

Ford has a couple nice things going for its superdutys...the crew cab is a great option cause u can get it with an 8 footer..the frame was as far as i can remember fully boxed front to back..and the rear springs i believe have been rated a lil heavier than dodge....their steering used to be simpler (ford dana 60) on the 4x4's with leafs on the front but all that has changed now...now they have coils on the front like we have always had..their diesels are less reliable than any of the gassers and always have been...their automatic behind the 7.3 has never been any better than any of our trannies...

all that being said...a 99-2002 7.3 would have been my 2nd fav truck..i test drove both and i found that my current 95 in its stock form had more grunt than a stock 99 f-350 and had less leaks easy choice for me
Old 09-21-2006, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
Not trying to start anything, but I'm in the process of Lemon Lawing my 06 Dodge. The thing has been a nightmare, been towed and in the shop so many times I quit counting. My attorney advised me, we need to make this happen soon (the lemon law on truck) cause Daimler Chrysler is trying to change their requirements for when a vehicle can be considered a lemon. Tells me, alot of Daimler Chrysler products are being Lemoned and they don't want to be categorized in Fords Category. I believe Ford, Dodge, and Chevy all have their problems. It's a quality control issue coming off the line. People just don't take pride in their work anymore. I'm to the point of building my own dern truck. With the amount of money I spend on a brand new vehicle, I could use that money and buy chassis, cab & bed, Cummins turbo diesel, and find a way to mate it with a decent tranny (not a 48re) or go with the 6 speed. Just my opinion.

fordcummins.com
Old 09-21-2006, 08:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford is better, hands down. I'd advise you to get a ford. Don't go ask the ford folks the same question though-they might try to steer you wrong and tell you to get a dodge.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by carpenterje
Not trying to start anything, but I'm in the process of Lemon Lawing my 06 Dodge. The thing has been a nightmare, been towed and in the shop so many times I quit counting. My attorney advised me, we need to make this happen soon (the lemon law on truck) cause Daimler Chrysler is trying to change their requirements for when a vehicle can be considered a lemon. Tells me, alot of Daimler Chrysler products are being Lemoned and they don't want to be categorized in Fords Category. I believe Ford, Dodge, and Chevy all have their problems. It's a quality control issue coming off the line. People just don't take pride in their work anymore. I'm to the point of building my own dern truck. With the amount of money I spend on a brand new vehicle, I could use that money and buy chassis, cab & bed, Cummins turbo diesel, and find a way to mate it with a decent tranny (not a 48re) or go with the 6 speed. Just my opinion.

fordcummins.com
Could you take a moment and list what went wrong with your Ram?
Old 09-21-2006, 08:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mr T
...now they have coils on the front like we have always had..

Ahem....me thinks ye would do well to remember thine roots....

Quick Reply: compare the dodge to the ford