General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Chevy guy wanting help from the Dodge camp

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chevy guy wanting help from the Dodge camp

Although I'm new here, I've been lurking for the past two years. I'm not here to start a brand war or any of that crap. I'm asking you guys to sign a petition to GM management against their decision to eliminate the manual transmission in the next generation of full size trucks. Had I not been able to get my Duramax, you can bet I would be driving a Dodge just to get the 6 speed. It's another case of poor decision making by GM's management and yet they can't figure out why they are loosing money and market share.

http://www.petitiononline.com/71802/petition.html

Thanks for helping out, Mike
Old 05-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Ian

Why do you want a stick?? From what I've heard, the allison tranny is a 6sp and you can gear up/down the entire 6 gears...
Old 05-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ian
Why do you want a stick?? From what I've heard, the allison tranny is a 6sp and you can gear up/down the entire 6 gears...
Personally I want a clutch... Personal preferance...
Old 05-13-2006, 01:08 PM

The few guys that I sell Duramax/manual's to usually quickly grow tired of the jerkyness and replacing flywheels all the time and trade them back for Duramax/allisons. I have personally owned two Duramax/manuals and five Duramax/allisons, I would never own another manual with a Duramax.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luke S
The few guys that I sell Duramax/manual's to usually quickly grow tired of the jerkyness and replacing flywheels all the time and trade them back for Duramax/allisons. I have personally owned two Duramax/manuals and five Duramax/allisons, I would never own another manual with a Duramax.
I have never known anyone that had a Dmax without an Allison... Is there something about the engine that makes them jerky with the stick?
Old 05-13-2006, 08:00 PM

I signed it already. Not a GM guy, but prefer a handshaker.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by displacedtexan
I have never known anyone that had a Dmax without an Allison... Is there something about the engine that makes them jerky with the stick?
Beats me because mine isn't jerky. Must be a bunch of rookie clutch operators. My only observation is that it can be a little tight getting into 3rd gear when it's cold. I've only got 5k miles on mine, so I expect that to wear in with more time.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:45 PM
Chapter President

I see their bad decision making everyday at work..... Kinda waiting to watch them fall..... I think it's about quality?? That lost art? I just don't understand why GM derates the Dmax so much when you get the manual? It's a 6 speed, like the NV5600 or something, ain't that what the Dodge has? I kinda think that's their way of "pushing" you into the upgrade to the allison. If you want all of the horsepower, buy the allison. Why not apples to apples, 6 speed comes with xxx horsepower, and so does the allison. Why make decisions for people? We as people like to make our own decisions don't we?

I'm done, got the shaft WAAAAAYYYYYY to many times from the General and not good to talk about it
Old 05-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by dodgeguy71
I see their bad decision making everyday at work..... Kinda waiting to watch them fall..... I think it's about quality?? That lost art? I just don't understand why GM derates the Dmax so much when you get the manual? It's a 6 speed, like the NV5600 or something, ain't that what the Dodge has? I kinda think that's their way of "pushing" you into the upgrade to the allison. If you want all of the horsepower, buy the allison. Why not apples to apples, 6 speed comes with xxx horsepower, and so does the allison. Why make decisions for people? We as people like to make our own decisions don't we?

I'm done, got the shaft WAAAAAYYYYYY to many times from the General and not good to talk about it
Dodge no longer uses the NV5600 in the trucks.