General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

certified dodge cummins mechanics

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For what you want done to your truck , gage and kdp, I would contact a local indy like Imler Diesel , I think I spelled that right... deal with someone that does gages all the time and as for the KDP job , we do a lot of KDP jobs , but that is after the pin has fallen out and busted out the gear housing , you could buy the retainer kit and do it yourself , its not that big of a job. the type of jobs we get here is tough troubleshooting jobs that local indy shop could not figure out or have the resources to do the job. and warranty work , we dont see much of any independent in our shop , and reason are the labor rates , and most of the jobs they want done are not complicated and can be done anywhere. anytime we see a local independent is when it can not be troubleshot elsewhere and then they bring it to us and LOL still cuss about the labor rate , lot of our work comes from large fleets. for what you want done I would contact a local shop like Imler .
Old 06-01-2004, 01:48 AM

were is imler located?
Old 06-01-2004, 01:55 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you tried any of the ones around there yet?

Start by giving them a little job like changing a light bulb or something and talk to them. You might be able to get an idea of what they can do based on that. I went into a shop around here one time that was supposed to be pretty reputable. The first thing I saw was a set of wheel bearings laying on the floor. Guess what, I walked and drove away quickly especially when he told me those bearings were ready to go back in. Now this may not have been too bad on some shop floors I have seen but this one was covered in cat litter for oil absorb. The front brake calipers were hanging by the hoses and brake fluid was running into the pile of cat litter.

If you see that, you pretty much don't want to get work done there. And then he got in a ladies car with a grease rag hanging out of his pocket and I'll stop there. Talk to one and see what you get and go from there. Make them understand what you want. Good luck...
Old 06-01-2004, 02:15 AM

thats the problem i cant find anyone. i havent looked real hard but you sure have to lift up the rock and look under it to find them around here. chris
Old 06-01-2004, 09:40 PM

Chris , for the work you want done on your truck , I really think you would be happier having your work done at Imler Diesel in Sacramento , 916-920-3775 I believe the guys name is Ken, we have alot of work going on at our shop.... we didnt even slow down this winter and the pace is just amazing even at our shop rate, I went to this Imler shop coupla months ago when he had a dyno day and was impress with his operation, and he has some very happy customers.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:17 PM

thanks i think i might call him and see what he's all about. do you know of any shops closer to san francisco, redwood city, belmont, los altos, or gilroy?
Old 06-01-2004, 11:28 PM

thanks i think i might call him and see what he's all about. do you know of any shops closer to san francisco, redwood city, belmont, los altos, or gilroy?
Old 06-27-2014, 10:10 AM

need help

My 24 valve is acting up too, only when its warmed up taking off from a stop it sounds like its gonna die then it acts like it got a whole bunch of fuel and takes of blowing blk smoke. Replaced the fuel filter couple wks ago, lift pump replaced in Jan. Can anyone tell me what else it might be?