General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Another "my impression"

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another "my impression"

Test drove some trucks today. First I drove an 07 QC SB 4wd auto 6.7. Man I had been saying how Id never have an auto OR a 6.7....but I love that combo. It was a blast to drive, and seemed to have a lot of seat-of-the pants power to it, not to mention was really cool with the engine brake. Next I drove the same thing but with the G56....I imagine I would get use to it but I was really not impressed with that tranny. Kind of tough to shift and real sensitive clutch, granted it was new. But the 68re was pretty nice feeling. We just realized the 68re is different from the Aisin, so Ill be very anxious to see how it holds up being a Dodge tranny. The manual truck was very oddly equipped however. Manual tranny, basic cloth seats, power windows/locks, single cd, etc,.....and a SUNROOF?! That was weird, especially as the auto I drove had leather, nav, and no sunroof. Anyway, that was My dodge experience.

After that, my brother drove a new duramax. 08 GMC. It was a very comfortable riding truck, with great cloth seats. He's sold, but dont worry, I was still more impressed with the Dodge powertrain. Gonna go drive a Ford sometime....but thats just to see how bad it is. Cant wait to drive a 6.7 setup exactly the way I want.