Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

How I used hydrogen to increase MPG by 20%

Old 12-03-2013, 09:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
How I used hydrogen to increase MPG by 20%

So bigfoot and I were driving around when he came up with this awesome idea to build an HHO generator and pipe the Hydrogen and oxygen molecules into my ol' dodge truck see. Well the first thing we noticed was a noticeable improvement in power so we stopped off and picked up Elvis to show him what we'd done and he said he'd known about this since the Nixon era! WOW we were shocked! And upon further testing we found out that our fuel economy went from about 14mpg to nearly 20mpg (19.6 actually). You can find out how to purchase one of these amazing inventions at Myhokeyscheme.com Check it out!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We need a "like" button here.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some more opinion science.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I rigged one of these up and filled it with water and it froze up and leaked off my manifold pressure and ruined my fuel mileage today.
Old 02-26-2023, 03:22 PM

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
Okay, here's what I know. I have the remanants of a friend's system. He ran it on a 2006 CTD 4x4 automatic over the road pulling a goose neck flat bed. The bubbler was so small he had to refill it every 100mi or so. He was working on making a bigger bubbler and quit doing it. He came off the road and sold the truck. He did have to get a replacement system frrom the original seller.

He told me when he was grossing 20 or 22,000lbs (I forgot which) he was getting 14mpg. VS what? I can't say because if he told me I forgot.

My base line on my truck will be 21.7mpg @62mph on the cruise. I once got 26.7 on the cruise from Bonita Springs Florida to Valdosta GA @65. At 70 on the same trip I got 17.

This looks really crazy!

Old 02-26-2023, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rug_Trucker
Okay, here's what I know. I have the remanants of a friend's system. He ran it on a 2006 CTD 4x4 automatic over the road pulling a goose neck flat bed. The bubbler was so small he had to refill it every 100mi or so. He was working on making a bigger bubbler and quit doing it. He came off the road and sold the truck. He did have to get a replacement system frrom the original seller.

He told me when he was grossing 20 or 22,000lbs (I forgot which) he was getting 14mpg. VS what? I can't say because if he told me I forgot.

My base line on my truck will be 21.7mpg @62mph on the cruise. I once got 26.7 on the cruise from Bonita Springs Florida to Valdosta GA @65. At 70 on the same trip I got 17.

This looks really crazy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d85OX6yEwE0
I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me here but I do know that video would have been much more entertaining if he'd have blown himself up.

As for the million dollar question of "does it work or what?" Do us all a favor and take it to the nearest performance shop with a dynamometer. Do a run without HHO and one with HHO. If you can't do that you are just blowing smoke up your **** and dragging us with you.
Old 02-26-2023, 06:42 PM

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by dieselluvr
I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me here but I do know that video would have been much more entertaining if he'd have blown himself up.

As for the million dollar question of "does it work or what?" Do us all a favor and take it to the nearest performance shop with a dynamometer. Do a run without HHO and one with HHO. If you can't do that you are just blowing smoke up your **** and dragging us with you.
Well, why even follow this thread other than being a troll on it? There might be minimal HP gains. Fuel mileage is all I care about. It's a minimal thing.

Stop following the thread and you can go live a happy life.
Old 02-27-2023, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Rug_Trucker
Well, why even follow this thread other than being a troll on it? There might be minimal HP gains. Fuel mileage is all I care about. It's a minimal thing.

Stop following the thread and you can go live a happy life.
I hate to bring you the bad news, but I am the author of this thread which would make you the troll. I have been contributing meaningful and helpful information on this forum for over a decade. I experimented with HHO 40 years ago. It's not a new concept. IMHO I found no improvement in performance and/or fuel economy. I had really hoped that it would have but did not (in my experiment) and I'm pretty darn good at research and development. If you feel you have "cracked the code to success" please start your own discussion documenting your system with your pictures / videos in your vehicle (not someone elses) then have it tested by a third party (eg the performance shop dynomometer). Driving down the highway is meaningless as there are so many variables that can alter outcome such as wind speed / direction, ambient temperature, speed variations, etc. . Any change in performance will effect fuel economy. If it gives you more low RPM torque that will improve fuel economy for example because the engine is more efficient at highway speeds etc. etc. etc. This and only this will validate your results. Alternatively you (not someone else) need to honestly evaluate long term effects of your system as well. These are things I'd be keeping a close eye on.
The tiny amount of water produced during combustion:
1. Help clean carbon deposits (yes/no) A bore scope would show this.
2. Cause corrosion in the intake system
3. Cause negative effects to sensitive components like injector tips and glow plugs similar to water in diesel fuel

The combustion of diesel fuel combined with the combustion of HHO:
1. Increases / reduces combustion efficiency (proven by a dyno run)
2. Increases / reduces exhaust gas temperatures (could possibly be determined by using an on/off switch in the cab and cruising at a constant speed on a calm day on a flat stretch of highway)
3. Increases / reduces emissions (again a third party DEQ test with it on and again with it off.

Good luck.