Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Go buy your fuel now....

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go buy your fuel now....

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...s+%2B+analysis

Gasoline prices are spiking on the U.S. Gulf Coast as Hurricane Ike nears shore. The Oil Price Information Service (OPIS), a market research firm, reported on Sept. 11 that gasoline trading on the Gulf Coast is "absolutely frantic," with wholesale prices nearing $5 a gallon. That's twice what gasoline futures were trading for on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
edited by admin everyone of them!!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't worry. It will be back to less than $3 on Monday.

MikeyB
Old 09-11-2008, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyB
Don't worry. It will be back to less than $3 on Monday.

MikeyB
yea i agree storms always do that then they drop as fast as they rise no reason to get excited
Old 09-11-2008, 09:13 PM

thats the problem with people, they panic like the sky is falling cause the news said it so it must be terrible
Old 09-11-2008, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by lobes1985
thats the problem with people, they panic like the sky is falling cause the news said it so it must be terrible
ya ur right like today here in my area the gas went down form like 1.28 a litre to 1.23 and me and gf went to get gas in her car and it was packed in all the gas station and theres tons in my area.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
You know, the sad thing is they are freaking out over storms that are nowhere near Katrina status.

I wouldn't want to go through Ike, but Katrina he isn't.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:31 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
go research the stats of this storm, IMO and data that is being posted, IKE is larger than Katrina.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:33 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lobes1985
People are like that around here with snow. Everyone rushes out to the store to get bread and milk (not sure whey those two things).

It's as if you'll be stuck in the house for weeks or something.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:56 AM

That is precisely why I bought fuel last week...and won't need to for another week...I miss the spike...catch it on the way down.

I used to live in Boston and I always wondered what people did after the 3 feet of snow was only 3 inches and they had 5 gallons of milk, and 20 loaves of bread? Or when a tree took out power for a week...what all that rancid milk must have smelled like.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:48 PM

Here in calif our fuel prices went down again today another 10 cents a gallon despite Ike. etc.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:50 PM

mmurray ill share in your remark you made at the end of your post.

Ive got a full tank on my bike and 3/4 in a truck that sits 98% of the time. Fuel will be back to the normal price gouging status by mid next week id imagine...unless someone feels they should start shooting for trillion dollar quarter profits.

Give it a few more times with gas shortages and greedy station owners jacking prices up to $6/gal and your going to start seeing things get downright violent.

I will no longer buy from the station closest to me. When they first predicted Ike would hit Texas they jacked up their price $.30, the next day when they were predicting Mexico they jumped back down. The very next day when it was affirmed that Texas was once again they shot up the highest of anyone in DFW. Everyone here is steadily rising by a few pennies, these slobs were chomping at the bit to rip the public.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:57 PM

Yeah... They look for any reason to screw the consumer. I posted this not because I was freaking out or I wanted everyone to bum rush the stations... but just as a warning... to fill up while the price was down and sit back while they jack us around for a few weeks...

I live in Bay Saint Louis, MS... Katrina passed directly over my house... I know what a Hurricane can do! Ike on the other hand passed 260+ miles south of me and pushed 8feet of water on shore!!! Crazy flooding and it just passed us by. That's nuts... that has NEVER happened before... but Katrina and Rita destroyed the barrier islands and along with them our protection. The bouys out in front of Ike were recording 36 foot seas before the broke!!! That is what is heading directly up Galveston Bay... You'll all see record flooding in south east Texas, and this is only a Cat 2 Storm!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 06:55 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, it got really bad some places. Looks like people watched the prices rise $.60 while waiting in LINE!

We saw it go up $.20 just yesterday here.

Sucks.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I have 35 gallons in the truck and 30 gallons more in the garage in 5 gallon cans.........

Bought last weekend @ $3.79 gallon
Old 09-13-2008, 08:50 AM

In Alabama and Georgia fuel is unaffected but gas is $4.20 a gallon with panic purchases. I filled up the truck last night for $3.859.

Quick Reply: Go buy your fuel now....