Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

diesel hits $5.00 a gallon!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Blue24
There is not enough used veggie oil to fuel 10% of the diesel rigs out there. What do you propose we do to fuel everyone?

I do agree about the CRP barren farm land, we need to end that program and let all the farmers grow canola/rape seed fields or corn, or whatever.
Yes you are right on-more biodiesel infrastructure is the answer.The louder we yell,the more will get done.I have been trying to motivate people into action. Once the current marinated-in-oil- administration is shown the door,we should see some progress.But only if the public is fired up.Let's get fired up. WE NEED TO START SOMEWHERE these are only baby steps to wean us off big oil,and there are many things we can do right now
Old 06-02-2008, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Until we start to make ethanol out of something other then corn we are not doing all we can to break away from OPEC. Now if they could get the same amount of ethanol out of corn that they can from switch grass then that would be a different story but they can't so making it from corn is not all that smart.

You say if the farmer is using Bio, that is a very big if and I have yet to meet one that does use Bio in there tractors or combine. Heck I know farmers who will not use E-85 as its not cost effective to use. So if its not cost effective for the farmer to use in his own car or pickup then how can it be cost effective for anyone else to use? All the farmer cares about is getting more $$ for their crop, plant an harvesting the crop an doing so as cheap as they can.

You may not think water is important but then you don't live near a plant that consumes all most 1 million gallons of it everyday. Who's pays for some small town that is with in a mile of an ethanol plant to sink there wells deeper so that it can keep suppling the necessary water to the towns people year round?
Old 06-02-2008, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by jforce
Ah the post office... a gov. agency...more crap info... We have to start somewhere-Where is the outrage and American ingenuity? I like this board because it's made up of smart people who think out of the box...A bunch of thinking hot rodders who can make anything work. E85,despite it's gov. sponsored teething problems,is an solution here and now,to cut big oil off,or at least step on their toes.Everybody wants to whine about big oil,but if you give them solutions they whine somemore,and then tell you why it won't work.You guys are dissappointing me...As for the tired argument that it takes 3 gals. of dino fuel to to make 1 gal. of ethanol,this assumes the farmer and trucker have not yet converted to biodiesel. once they have,the door is closed on big oil for good.Think about it. See my other posts.As for water,that will be the next ''engineered'' crisis.So they can drive up the price of that too.It's time for us to outthink them.See my other posts
what about the millions of gallons of fuel it takes to truck ethanol EVERYWHERE it needs to go? ethanol cannot be sent through existing pipelines, so it's basically like borrowing from peter, to pay paul- save some dino by using ethanol, but use even more dino to transport it.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by DBLR
Until we start to make ethanol out of something other then corn we are not doing all we can to break away from OPEC. Now if they could get the same amount of ethanol out of corn that they can from switch grass then that would be a different story but they can't so making it from corn is not all that smart.

You say if the farmer is using Bio, that is a very big if and I have yet to meet one that does use Bio in there tractors or combine. Heck I know farmers who will not use E-85 as its not cost effective to use. So if its not cost effective for the farmer to use in his own car or pickup then how can it be cost effective for anyone else to use? All the farmer cares about is getting more $$ for their crop, plant an harvesting the crop an doing so as cheap as they can.

You may not think water is important but then you don't live near a plant that consumes all most 1 million gallons of it everyday. Who's pays for some small town that is with in a mile of an ethanol plant to sink there wells deeper so that it can keep suppling the necessary water to the towns people year round?
I noticed diablosport is making an e-85 tuner,designed for trucks on e-85,they claim mileage and power gains,and i don't doubt it.Any car i was able to simply advance the timing(spark)with E-85 showed this.Last time i checked,water was recyclable.The point I am trying to make here is there is an oil industry conspiricy here,giving every reason why it won't work.They need to kill off ethanol before we use it to kill them.We can do it.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by chipmonk
what about the millions of gallons of fuel it takes to truck ethanol EVERYWHERE it needs to go? ethanol cannot be sent through existing pipelines, so it's basically like borrowing from peter, to pay paul- save some dino by using ethanol, but use even more dino to transport it.
Oh but it CAN! its not methanol.If it couldn't then why are there ethanol/gas blends of various percentages?More misinformation...DONT let the oil companies control your thinking and stifle innovation,If the members on this board believed everything the media put out we would all be driving duramaxies We can use out own brains to defeat them.I only want to hear solutions to the teething problems no more regurgitated ''why it wont work stories'' everytime i hear one i know the oil co. propaganda has gotten to that person and they are just repeating what they have read,heard,etc.I am only posting what I know to be true,I have spent two years of my money,and basically done the impossible.I have heard plenty of ''that won't work'' durning my research,and proved it not only worked,but was superior.It's everybody's patriotic duty to screw the oil co's back and re-take our country.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by jforce
I noticed diablosport is making an e-85 tuner,designed for trucks on e-85,they claim mileage and power gains,and i don't doubt it.Any car i was able to simply advance the timing(spark)with E-85 showed this.Last time i checked,water was recyclable.The point I am trying to make here is there is an oil industry conspiricy here,giving every reason why it won't work.They need to kill off ethanol before we use it to kill them.We can do it.
DBLR- i agree with you 100 % on the switchgrass...but we have to start somewhere...there's another grass that can be used and it's widely known to be the ideal plant to use for fuel...is goes straight to the heart of the oil barons' conspiricy...i can give you a hint- they made it illegal in 1937.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:11 AM

My thing is by using corn we get very little return for all it takes to make ethanol and why we should of changed over to something else long ago. Now we have the big farms pushing us to use corn to make ethanol and soon they will be just as like the the oil companies wanting more $$$.

I say we need to stop paying 51 cents per gallon credit for ethanol and all of the tax breaks we give the oil companies every day. I also hate to see people being forced to use Ethanol gas when a lot of cars on the road today get lower mpg when using Ethanol mixed gas.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by DBLR
My thing is by using corn we get very little return for all it takes to make ethanol and why we should of changed over to something else long ago. Now we have the big farms pushing us to use corn to make ethanol and soon they will be just as like the the oil companies wanting more $$$.

I say we need to stop paying 51 cents per gallon credit for ethanol and all of the tax breaks we give the oil companies every day. I also hate to see people being forced to use Ethanol gas when a lot of cars on the road today get lower mpg when using Ethanol mixed gas.
absolutely! we are already paying billions in subsidies for ethanol (as well as to the oil companies), and the longer you live, the more you find out that once an industry starts getting subsidies, they never give them up, no matter how profitable that industry becomes.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by chipmonk
absolutely! we are already paying billions in subsidies for ethanol (as well as to the oil companies), and the longer you live, the more you find out that once an industry starts getting subsidies, they never give them up, no matter how profitable that industry becomes.
i believe the situation will change starting in November...
Old 06-05-2008, 09:59 AM

They might do some thing about the oil tax credits after the Nov election but if the farm bill gets passed before Nov then no one will do a thing about the ethanol tax credits as IIRC the farm bill last for 5-6 years.