Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Why Race??

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ryclef331
I'll run your car....with my slow mustang.

I wanna play..... The ol slomaro..
Attached Thumbnails Why Race??-cimg1222.jpg  
Old 06-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Take a deep breath and relax guys. Keep talking like that and you will end up getting this thread closed.Don't want that to happen.Everyone gets along Cin
Old 06-03-2007, 02:29 PM

wow i just lost all respect for blackbird... but back to the topic... yes there are some "ricer" diesel guys out there but for the most part we are a more mellow group... i'll admit that i enjoy the occasional street race (maybe once a month or less...) but for the most part i'm a civilized driver... if you look around you'll rarely see someone in a diesel driving crazily like these ricers... i'm guessing the reason is that these ricers (remember ricers, not imports) don't have respect for anything, including themselves or their cars... while diesel owners respect their vehicles and as someone else stated, don't need to prove that their trucks are powerful and quick (and yes anything under 14 is fast for an 8000lb truck that can get 20+mpg, be used everyday for work, tow a 15-20k lb trailer everyday for work, and still last well over 400k miles with barely any problems)

sparknotes: diesel owners mod their trucks because they can use it as a daily driver for almost half a million miles or more with little problems, get awesome gas milage, use it for work everyday, and still be able to go to a track and blow away almost any street legal car there... THAT is why we mod and love our trucks...
Old 06-03-2007, 04:33 PM

I guess I'm just don't understand the diesel crowd.

And I do agree with Glasseater You don't see many Diesel owners running around acting like idiots like some import drivers. Most are more respectful.

I guess I have my answer from my org post Diesel truck owners don't like to be compared to import owners

I come on here for info to fix my truck or lightly mod it ( but not to make it fast)
And I don't share the same opinion as most of you do when it comes to racing trucks. I tried to understand it but most of the time I get bashed for my opinions on the matter and I get told what these truck can haul/tow and what mpg they get as if I don't own one. ( PSSS I know what they can do)

I guess when I think of fast, I see a sports car or bike and when I think of off road I see truck.

Its been great chatting and if everyone agreed it be a boring world.

Last edited by John_P; 06-04-2007 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Childish Banter
Old 06-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Banned

C'mon now...can't every just get along!

We (people with diesels) build up these trucks for a MULTITUDE of reasons.

1.) Aftermarket parts are stronger, better constructed and longer lasting...they will make the truck as a WHOLE last longer...who doesn't want that?

2.) Aftermarket parts are out there and sold for a reason...for those who are in NEED of better that what comes on these vehicles stock, to compete...basically just to give customers a peace of mind a sense of satisfaction and one HECK of a bad **** vehicle if that is what they choose to do with it!

3.) 9 out of 10 aftermarket companies offer a MUCH better warranty for their aftermarket parts than what is offered from the dealership. Sure, you lose the factory warranty on say, your 3yr/36000 mile warranted transmission, but guess what, the full billet that you put in there not only can stand up to more abuse than the stock one did, but it will also last longer, may help fuel mileage, gives you the warm and fuzzies especially when towing heavy knowing that your stock tranny isn't going to be strained, break and leave you stranded...and the kicker is this...100000 mile ANY amount of time warranty on EVERYTHING you paid for, minus the torque converter...that has a LIFETIME warranty! DC can't offer me that for ANYTHING in my vehicle!

4.) It is just REALLY fun, for ME personally, to get out there and turn wrenches...so aftermarket go fast stuff also gives me a HUGE sense of satisfaction and a hobby that will probably be stuck on me for life now. It is NO different than somebody who enjoys building up an F-Body, or a '68 SS Camaro, minus the truck weighs more, can pull more and will last 3 times as long

5.) Because we CAN...simple as that.

The list could go on and on and on in my eyes...sorry for the long post, ya'll!
Old 06-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLACKBIRD8200
Just like there are stupid import drivers so called ( RICERS ) There are also stupid diesel truck owners too so what do you call them??
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Speaking of diesel fads, the highschooler's these days are annoying with their trucks. All 2wd, all with big mudders on the rear and skinny street tires up front, all with stock straight pipe with like a 6" tip on it, and all of them think they are the fastest thing out there and will screw with you every chance they get. I would consider them a ricer. A ricer by definition is an annoyance.
I think I answered your question right there.

And trust me, the nicer things at half people's age just discredit's you even further. I've owned this truck since I was 15. Bought it brand new off the show room floor. But that doesn't make me any better, smarter, faster, or anything. It just makes me me. So don't try and pull that.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Alright guys, lets keep this thread civil!!

I have already deleted some posts and taken some corrective action here. If this arguing and banter keeps up we will close/lock this thread.

--------
John_P
Old 06-04-2007, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by BLACKBIRD8200
Me likey me likey ,just pulling your leg What ya got in it??
331 Stroker, Heads, Cam, Intake, full Bolt-ons, and a hefty shot on it.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:33 PM

sounds like fun, stock bottom, full ported stock castings, big solid roller, and a hefty shot also. can't get it to hook though.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
I think I answered your question right there.

And trust me, the nicer things at half people's age just discredit's you even further. I've owned this truck since I was 15. Bought it brand new off the show room floor. But that doesn't make me any better, smarter, faster, or anything. It just makes me me. So don't try and pull that.
And I never came at you in a way that viewed as negitive.
Mike D on the other hand Called me KIT which was ment to make fun off the car I drive simple as that.
He could have simply said I don't agree with you Blackbird. simple and clean.
And most of you are going to reply with you should have thinker skin. Right

Well the door swings both ways. He shouldn't let some young KIT get under his skin.
You guys automaticaly jumped on me as if I started this problem.
He did plain and simple. If you can't understand that then its sad.

What did you do at 15 to buy a new truck?? and where do I sign up.

And another thing I recieved a reputation thing that said I was bias to imports by thinking there all ricer. Which is BS. Who ever wrote that need to go back and reread the posts if anything I was giving them more credit then most.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Banned

Let's just say I'm very fortunate and very thankful for what I have and let's leave it at that.

I answered your question about stupid diesel drivers and what I consider them to be. I consider them ricers as well cause they are an annoyance just like your typical idiot with a civic.

And I never took anything you've said negatively. I was just pointing out that saying that someone is jealous cause of something you own at half their age doesn't work. Just makes you sound immature and unsecure about yourself. I guarantee that no one here is jealous of you or me or anyone else on this board regardless of what we own and how old we may be (we being the DTR).

And besides, what kinda answers did you expect to get? You come on to a diesel website, go to the competition section, and ask what makes us so much better than ricers all the time knowing that no one here or anywhere for that matter likes ricers and what they stand for and how they do their stuff. Ricers are looked down upon because that is the image that they have created for themselves by not painting their cars, putting a bunch of goofy stuff on, and basically building their cars with no taste what so ever. And your going to come on to a diesel website and ask a bunch of diesel owners what makes us so much better? I bet you'd get a similar answer over on a ricer forum if you asked them what makes them so much better than a diesel owner.

Point being is that you asked a question that really has no meritt to anything in the competition forum nor does it have any meritt on anything what so ever. We've all answered your question several times over and I don't know if you just don't want to accept the answers we've given you or you haven't heard what you've wanted to but I don't know what else to tell you other than what I've already typed in my other posts in this thread. I've told you where I stand on ricers and diesels and I've given good information on both arguements. So take that for what it's worth.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
O.K., I warned you guys! This one is done!