Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

TEXAS sled pulls

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what are the rules for the stephenville pull on the 1st? also which night for trucks?
Old 08-20-2007, 10:03 PM

These are the dates I have for the TTTPA.... (Texas Truck & Tractor Pullers Assoc.)

August 24TH, 25TH FAIRFIELD (antiques Saturday) TTTPA Fri. &Sat. night
SEPT. 1st STEPHENVILLE Erath co. livestock arena T.T.T.P.A. PULLS (hot rods)
SEPT. 29th DELEON Antiques Sat. And TTTPA pulls Sat. Night
OCT. 5TH & 6TH PRIDDY Fri-tune up hooks, Antiq. Sat. and TTTPA Sat night

These are the dates that I have for other pulls, that normally pull trucks.. Just not a TTTPA events.. (or not listed as)
AUGUST 17th &18th VALLEY MILLS PULL
OCTOBER 12th -13th CISCO PULLS

Pulls that I do not know if they pull trucks..
SEPT. 8th GORDON SHOW & PULL
SEPT. 21st &22nd HILLSBORO SHOW & PULL

This is the Info I have about the Stephenville event on Sept. 1st. (This was posted on another site.)It is on FM 205 on Sept 1st at the Erath Co. Livestock Arena (ecla). The diesel pay is top four 150,75,50,25. Not sure about the classes?

We pulled the 1st Gen at Valley Mills.. but we pulled early on Saturday.. I know there were a few other trucks showing up as we left...
Normally the TTTPA events will have a Diesel truck class, no idea on the rules... I have heard some rumors.. but nothing in stone...
Old 08-20-2007, 10:12 PM

bring it anyway. Its not like we arent going to let you not pull. There is no hanging weights for sure and I believe its 10k or less weight limit. I will found out more and post them tomm.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:14 PM

Saturday night 7:30 is when the whole shabang starts. Check in is at 5:30. Registration stops at 10 pm.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:52 AM

anyone know what time the trucks usualy pull? I may miss Fairfield I need to do a little valve body work to the O'l Allison. The shift to 2nd from 1st and 3rd into 2nd is to slow so I have been taking off in 2nd and shifting to 3rd and holding but I realy need to be able to shift to 2nd. Its not to hard to drop the pan and adjust springs and change hole size in the plate I just have to make the time to do it. The Allison 545 is still kinda in the R&D stage and getting all the little bugs out. Its a manual valve body so if I put it in 3rd it goes to 3rd not 1-2-3. It is a lot like a John Deere Power Shift. The other shifts are fast and hard. Its all for fun now but the truck was my DD for 3 years.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:31 PM

What's up with this 10K weight limit.. that's insane... Just asking to break parts...
Maybe next year we can have some rules... classes...

If they have a Modified class, can you hang weights... No fun pulling 6000lbs against 10K....
Old 08-21-2007, 05:08 PM

I dont know why no weights for the rest of us. Like JDGnut said its hard for my 7600lbs to pull against a big 4door heavy flat bed DRW at 10K, Thats like saying we can only run a D-ring a on stock bumper, I made a nice pulling hitch and have it set right on the 26" max if the other guys dont want to do any work to there trucks to make it pull better thats there prob not mine. I'm not trying to run NO2 vs. the stock guys just things that anyone can do. I dont want to pull in the mod class with duel turbo guys just so I can have weights. Just a tought.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:42 PM

ok guys got a heads up on the rules today by one of the tttpa guys.
stock diesel is what he said. no hanging weights but it must be streetable, tags and inspection. as for the guys with twins and all its cool just street legal. They are working on a class division but this one is more for fun and tryouts to see what classes will be available. there is a 97 12 valve ext cab dually that is way far from stock and he always pulls. I tried to get him to get everyone there that wants to pull to let them and if there is anybody that feels cheated to discuss a alternative. This is for fun guys so come on down and atleast put a good show on and practice anyway. Pretty good bunch of guys doing this and they are trying to put a good diesel class together for all of you guys. IMO its a good start for a paying diesel truck pulling association.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:43 PM

More to come as the date gets closer sorry for confusion but it is a fun thing right?!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 09:40 PM

Yes.. all for fun... but its more fun if the field is level...

I've talked to Lynn a few times... (white dually.) His idea for rules were basically splitting the class at street.. (single charger w/no size limit, no weights, 26in hitch) and Open..

From what we've seen.. weights.. but no weights on the front..
Maybe something can be set for next year....

I think you're going to see some warm truck coming out in the next few months...
Old 08-21-2007, 09:48 PM

I Agree with Lynn his idea is very good. The sindle charger no size limit no weights and hitch limit. I think that should be ok but no stiffined susp, ladder bars or helping fuels (no2, water meth or propane. Just a thought. I will talk with Pete some more tomm and see what we can come up with for this pull. We obviously dont know whats coming to pull but good classes would help. We or J7 sponsered the truck pull pay out and what have you, I will try to get with all the guys to get this better for everyone by the next pull if not this one.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:16 PM

I think for travel he said min of 1in travel... Basically, his truck is setup to run the street rules. Which is fine... as long as everyone knows the rules.. I think next year will be a good time to start the enforcing the rules.. for now just hitch height and weight would be a start... If someone could get a set... and have some copies.. or a meeting so they can be set...
But enforcing the rules is going to be the trick...
Old 08-21-2007, 10:22 PM

ya I know everyone cheats but you arent cheating if you dont get caught right We will work on the rules.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:28 PM

No blocks? No bars? No thanks! What next no fuel mods, big clutch, guages, or must have stock exhaust, stock air filter. No blocks is fine but no bars is to much. Whats the prob with a guy that will put a little more time and work (not $$$$$ just time and work) into his truck to do a little better and try not to brake anything. All the things on mine cost almost $0.00 and some time so its not like they cant all do it. Like JDGnut said its more fun if the field is level. To go from a class that you could be in the top 5 and be put in a class that you come in last just becose of your bars is not to fun. But I will pull in what ever class they want to put me in.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:37 PM

Got to love a guy that wants the rules to put his truck at the top of his class. At least set some rules and stick with it and let people know befor they get there would be nice at all these pulls. If your going to have rules use them.

Quick Reply: TEXAS sled pulls