Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

TEXAS sled pulls

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey now now this is just starting off. There will be classes for you guys no doubt Just think there trying to not **** people off you know, with someone having more chance of winning. I was told if its tagged it will pull in the same class. So there is your advantage. There arent that many people that take the time to build there own stuff. Us guys are a dying breed if you cant buy it I dont want it I once heard. POOR SOUL dont stand a chance in life if he cant work on somethin!! I just want everyone to have a good time while we all get the classes figured out.
J7
Old 08-21-2007, 10:57 PM

Not yall just some of the pulls I have been to. I had a guy that wanted to get me kicked out becose when they checked my hitchit was 1/2" over when checked on rough ground ( dead on 26" on flat slab) saying that the rules say 26" max, but was runing a bigger turbo and the rules said stock turbo. I dont like geting called a cheater for some thing that i did not do by some one who is. I hope yall put on a good pull and I plan to be there. I know its hard work to put one on. I gues I'm still a little bent over sat night at Deleon. Sorry.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:08 PM

Thats cool I know what it like to be accused. sucks huh. I guess the cheater is always the one that gets the gold. But I just want to get a real class list that people can agree with and be happy and have a **** good time thats all. You could let the tires down to get measured then air them up JOKE!! We will get it figured out. I would like to meet ya down here though. I like your outlook seem like a cool cat.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:23 PM

Thanks. Back at ya. What I ment by making the rules put your truck at the top was not about YOU but I think the guy yall are talking about is the same guy that was saying I was over 26". He seemed like a good guy when I talked to him but then was a $(#$&(# over by 1/2" and then sat night they didn't check any thing. But its all good. Im done talking about all that. Lets pull something.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by J7 Diesel
ya I know everyone cheats but you arent cheating if you dont get caught right We will work on the rules.
I'm not calling anyone a cheater... To me.. there are no rules.. so run what ya brung... The only rule have really been at DeLeon.. (not counting Houston.) and they were basically singles and twins.. (and hanging weight this year.) So he built it to those rules.. His rules are some from somewhere up north that he warmed over.. but we haven't seen them yet... The only issue I have rules he talked about.. was you could have a stock truck, against an 800HP truck.. as long as they both had a single turbo... They will get worked out...
We are going to run what we have until the rule are layed down.. then we will see where we fit and make some changes if we have to...
Also need to make sure there are some safety issues covered.. not just HP items...

Its going to be a good event.. we're actually getting some events.. and some people sponsering.. and putting together the pulls that care about Trucks.. not just some class after everyone else is finished...
545... bring yourself a bucket of dirt... Should be check on the scales... one day....
Old 08-21-2007, 11:43 PM

I have to make my own hills? I didn't mean for this to get to wound up about rules and who has what or did what. Lets all just have fun. See yall there.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:49 PM

I told myself that I didn't want to be one of those guys that just gripes about everything and how they got done wrong but i'm getting close so I better stop. I just want to have a good time and not brake to much so sules or no rules is good for me.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:36 AM

I know the feelings... 10yrs ago I was part of a group that got together to set the rules for Antique pulling.. We just adopted a set of rules that was estabished.. (Pulled rules from the Mid-West) Part of the Tech Comm for years.. Its a lot of work.. but its worth it...
Trucks will get there.. but they rules have to be enforced... And a group that will work together...

How did this thread turn into this.. I'm done...

Lets go pulling!!!!!!!!

545.. Yea.. normally there isn't an opstical course to drive around... (or over..)
Old 08-22-2007, 12:15 PM

I agree its all about a GOOD TIME!!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 04:49 PM

I may have been the one that got off track, sorry. Lets try to keep this thread about the pull place and time and things like that. Will any of yall be at the Fairfield pull? I dont think that I will be able to make that one. JDGnut was that you by NeedMoPower at Deleon when I got ready to pull? Sorry we didn't have any time to talk. Did you pull the JD in your pics at VM last weekend?
Old 08-22-2007, 04:53 PM

I wont be able to make it either. But would like to know how everyone does.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:27 PM

Yes.. I think I was at the tail gate of his truck...

I didn't take a tractor to Valley Mills.. we took his truck instead.. One tractor is ready to pull.. but the one in the pics currently has engine out of it, again... One day I'll get it back together.. and then on to the next project..

Not sure if we are going to make it to Fairfield... Not sure what is going to happen the following weekend... but we're going to try to make it to Stephenville... (might not make fairfield, so we can go to Stephenville.) If had a longer trailer, we'd take both to Stephenville.. (and just pull the Antque for fun, if I get the engine in it by then..)
Bryan
Old 08-24-2007, 03:28 PM

Well who will be at Fairfield? I am going by but not stopping on the way to a friends house ( they had a new baby) Let me know how it goes if any of yall go.

nut... I have a 32ft, where do you live? there may be room for a JD. I like to see old JD's pull.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:11 PM

Did anyone go to Fairfield?
Old 08-26-2007, 09:33 PM

No we didn't go.. I was out of town all week.. and got back Friday evening... Lookng forward to Stephenville.... NeedMoPower????

Quick Reply: TEXAS sled pulls