Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

TEXAS sled pulls

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I guess Im in for Stephenville. Either there or West Fest... I'll be in the valley all week but should get back Friday afternoon. I also got the engine stand Bryan so we can get started.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:25 PM

I am getting ready cant wait!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:42 AM

One thing that has failed to be addressed in the rule book is the cubic inch limit of the motors in the stock pickup class[should be called a bracket].I'm not getting revved up about the rules,I have just observed and watched this thing at Deleon evolve over the past 6 years.
Ladder bars have probably kept a tremendous amount of people from being hurt at Deleon.You do away with the ladderbars,the drive lines will be chunked out these trucks right and left.
Stock Pickups should be driven to the pull not towed on a trailer.If it has to be towed on a trailer maybe it should be in the open class[bracket]?
Weight is weight if you want a flatbed on your truck and it makes it weigh 9000 lbs thats your business.Then you go up a class[bracket].The weight thing is very fair.Giving some one grief over one half of a inch on hitch height is unfair.
I guess Nitrous will be permitted until we have a runaway and some body gets injured from the flying engine parts.Have you ever seen a no2 motor catch on fire?
What once started as a layed back yearly happening at Deleon has become a very competitive event and it is growing nation wide.

Have rules,make it fair and abide by them
Old 08-27-2007, 12:16 PM

The rules that are available now is tags and inspection, more than likely if someone pulls a truck in on a trailer it will already be in a different (bracket) per say. Its all about getting a good bunch of people together obey the rules and have a great time. I agree with the ladder bar statement as well, more safety than anything.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:06 PM

Hey J7 Diesel
How does that GDP fuel boss system work?Just asking trying to learn.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:43 PM

It bolts to the front lip of the oil pan and runs off of the balancer with a 1/2 belt. turns half the engine rpm so its 2to1 ratio. At 3000 rpm its putting out 90 psi at the pump!!!!!!!! Its a great set up should have gotten it earlier!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:36 PM

The guys are getting the track and arena ready for sat. Looks like it s already gonna be a good turnout! Buddy o mine said they are going to work the track everynight this week ro make sure its good. They got some good guys to run the track equip too so no big speed bumps at the end lol!!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:39 PM

J7.. Do you know if they are pulling Antiques during the day.. or just the TTTPA classes at night?? And do you know the physical address of the pull.

With what Woodscrew said.. Not sure what they are going to do about CIDs... (I've got an engine sitting around, that I could shoehorn in.. haha..)
I have to disagree about the 1/2 off on hitch height... we've played that game before.. It either is or it isn't.. If its out, they can add a clevis or something to get them past this pull, untill they get it fixed.. if not.. they will not fix it... But it should be check on level ground... normally on the scales... Also about air suspensions.. not sure how to regulate that.. but some are running bags, and can change hitch hieght at will...
Some organizations will just tech the top 3-5 trucks in after class.. (other than weight and hitch height..) The top trucks have to sit and wait for the class to finish.
Bryan
Old 08-28-2007, 05:58 PM

JDGnut I dont believe there will be any antiques at this pull. Physical address is ECLA ARENA FM 205 Stephenville Tx 76401 thats what they told me and is on the flyer. As far as the hitch deal I was trying to save that guys some headache and make it half inch short so they could not dq him for something ya know. If you do have bags they should be aired up all the way if in use before the pull if allowed at all, personally I have bags but used for an entirely different purpose, gotta use mine to work.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:21 PM

I agree 100% about hitch height ( and all other rules as long as every one has to go by them) its in or its not, I had a Clevis and would run it if I had to I just want it to be checked on flat ground or on the scales like JDGnut said. I want to go buy the rules just dont want to have to set it 6" short so that it will pass when I get there. What about blocking the rear? Dose it have to have 1" of travle or can it be solid? I dont care what the rules are I would just like to know befor I get there so that my truck is set up legal. I could drive my truck it is legal and all but I have 3-4 others going with me ( the truck that I pull with is only a regular cab and dont want to drive 2 trucks, #2 is about $2.80gal )and I will have a trailer so I can get it home if something brakes. But if thats in the rules and means i have to pull in a diff class thats fine. Hope to see yall there and all have a good time.

Chad
Old 08-29-2007, 12:44 PM

1stgen545 they did say that it must have 1" travel minimum but everything else is open ths far except the hitch deal. Rules are rules in my opinion they are there for everyone to be more competitve and make the sport fun! Looking forward to meeting you guys there.
Jason
Old 08-29-2007, 12:50 PM

I agree the rules are to make it competitive and fun. Now knowing the the rules now I can go take the blocks out and rework it to have 1" travel. Glad I didn't get there with solid blocks and have to take them out and have it move 6" when I pull. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:27 PM

Still not sure of our planns. but we are planning on being there... Might pull the antique in West (at the WestFest) during the day.. and then head to Stephenville with the 1st gen... (I need a longer trailer.. haha..)

We can run full blocked.. or 1in of travel.. Just takes a min to adjust block height. If they let us run twins in the street class, I'll let NeedMoPower decide if he wants to run front weights, in an open class... (street class we run weights in the bed rack.) 1st gens don't have a chance without added weight.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:10 PM

My wife is from West ( full Czech only the 3rd gen born in the US on both sides) We may be up there. We have gone the last 7 years together and she went every year befor that.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:45 PM

So you gonna make it to Stephenville 1stgen?

Quick Reply: TEXAS sled pulls