Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Nasty Girl VS. ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by duratothemax
Buy whatever you like and enjoy it. Each brand has its strengths and weaknesses, but a statement like that sounds like a parent explaining something to a three year old. I will never own anythng but a GM yet I still always give the cummins all the credit it deserves.

BTW what is all this sarcasm about the duramax and how its made by Isuzu? Is that a problem that its made by Isuzu? Im going to take off my big fat blind-american pride hat for a minute and say that Im proud that Isuzu designed my engine. So its a Japanese company....ok...? Come on guys world war II is over. Isuzu makes some darn good diesel engines all around the world, and FYI, they have been around longer than Cummins.

same things could be said about the mexican-made 2nd gen's and that transmission in the 3rd gen chassis cabs thats made by that SILLY LITTLE JAPANESE company called "aisin"

Richard sorry to hear you couldnt make it, I was looking forward not to seeing this big huge brand war, but just actually seeing your truck in person. Thats one awesome machine you've got.

ben

Nothing against Duramaxes I think they are a pretty good motor but Isuzu motors are not used in OTR Semi-Trucks and Cummins is still the superior motor, period.

I am just sick of guys on the Diesel Place bashing Cummins and Dodge who have no knowledge of how diesels work except that you can hook EFI live up and hit the gas pedel and its fast.

Putting a Common Rail Duramax up against a P-pumped 12V shows how reliable the Cummins engines really are. Duramax has been around for 8 years and now it is the best motor out there? I used to hate Dodge's but until I bought one I realized that it is a better all around truck for my purposes. I think GM & Ford make decent trucks but I like the Cummins the best. Aluminum heads on a diesel still doesn't make sense to me.

Straight six diesels are built for the long run, thats why they use them in OTR trucks.

Caterpillar, Detroit, & Cummins are the used in nearly every heavy duty truck on the road. I do not see Isuzu as a top engine manufacturer for diesels.

This is not a bash against Duramax at all...they are easy to mod and have proven to be a contender in the light duty market. Its not that i don't like Isuzu because its Japanese, i just don't think they compare with the likes of Cat, Detroit, or Cummins.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Banned

how about an 1200hp plus quad cab 2wd ? or a 1070hp regular cab long box 4x4? not fuel only but would be fun
Old 06-11-2007, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Robert P
i talked to barry and the best they have done this year is 11.4's with twins and a ported head and NOS, maybe they will get it Edit in the future
I was just talking to Barry on Friday, they have been running much faster than that,, Barry ran an 11.4 on engine, and it was a scattered run,,, had some problems with the tranny going into od.

It is working pretty good,, actually they still have the sb66 on there,, they are thinking of going to a bbrother twin setup,, but still havent done it

Kevin
Old 06-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boilermaker08
Nothing against Duramaxes I think they are a pretty good motor but Isuzu motors are not used in OTR Semi-Trucks
Have you ever been outside the USA? Isuzu is a much bigger diesel MFG than you think. Ive also never seen a silly little Smart car on the road here....they must not make those either.

I am just sick of guys on the Diesel Place bashing Cummins and Dodge who have no knowledge of how diesels work
oh COME ON thats not fair. The same thing happens here. Have you ever used efilive?

Aluminum heads on a diesel still doesn't make sense to me.
aluminum heads work on plenty of diesels besides the dmax...there are also people who say that fuel injection is stupid, we should all use engines with no wires, and electroics have no advantage. The new cummins V8 diesel is going to have aluminum heads.

I dont need studs/rings and I run the same amount of boost as you, with over 60k miles on my engine.

I am not bashing the cummins, let me say this for the umpteen billionth time. I too beleive it is the top engine of the big three. Im just asking why no one can even give the dmax a fair chance.

but anyway, no offense or disrespect intended...Im going to step out of this thread before I make even more a fool of myself

ben
Old 06-11-2007, 10:38 AM

Ben I totally agree with you, they are both great engines. Isuzu is one of the more prevelant engines in heavy equipment. If you ever see a button top or a track hoe, or anythign like that, there is a good chance it has a isuzu engine in it. Agricultural equipment is starting to run isuzu in them too.... Both the cummins and the isuzu are much superior engines to the powerstroke (for light truck applications) The powerstroke is very hard to beat in a marine application though (that is where they were first designed to run)

Here where I live it is truck country, I dont know the exact breakdown, but I would say that 3 out of 4 own a truck here. And they get abused here, very rough abuse out in the oilpatch, forestry etc. I see just as many cummins engines being replaced at the dealerships as durmamax's. Nothing will stand up to pure abuse. And I dont care what brand you buy, you can get a lemon. I have one of each (dodge and chev) and I couldnt be happier with either of them. I know for a fact that you cant take a stock dodge and put on a 100hp downloader on it and run mid 14's with it, and the dodges get the same mileage as the chevs, I am getting 19 to 21 mpg with my chev. My 03 gets better, but the 03's were the best of the dodges for fuel mileage.

It is great to be brand loyal, but when you close your eyes and go blindly forth you will run into things

Kevin
Old 06-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by morkable
I was just talking to Barry on Friday, they have been running much faster than that,, Barry ran an 11.4 on engine, and it was a scattered run,,, had some problems with the tranny going into od.

It is working pretty good,, actually they still have the sb66 on there,, they are thinking of going to a bbrother twin setup,, but still havent done it

Kevin
that is far from the truth, barry has not gone any faster. wade and barry talk everyday, and are working closly with each other to get these CR's in the 10's. if anyone would know wade would. oh yea and they have twins on it allready...........
Old 06-11-2007, 05:00 PM

I'm hoping to be in the running for getting a daily driver CR in the 10's on diesel only.. I have boxes of new toys on their way. I had a turbo built for it that's either going to be awesome, or really suck. I'll know the answer very soon.. Power shouldn't be my problem. I've got to get it to hook..
Old 06-11-2007, 05:10 PM

Does anyone know what NG is running in the quarter? They've really done a good job of keeping the times off the net.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Banned

I dont think its run the 1/4 mile yet..
Old 06-11-2007, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by duratothemax
I dont think its run the 1/4 mile yet
What? After all the hype I thought the keyboard racers definitely figured out a way to 'rumor' Keith down the 1/4 mile. I guess there is something the internet racers can't do!

brandon.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:05 AM

there are videos of NG running at the quarter on thedieselplace, but the fastest times it ran on the video were 12.5 Im not sure how old those videos are though.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:46 AM

I sure hope that both Keith and Maddog can make it to AAB in edmonton in august,, that would make for a good show....

Kevin
Old 06-12-2007, 11:05 AM

Straight six diesels are built for the long run, thats why they use them in OTR trucks.

Caterpillar, Detroit, & Cummins are the used in nearly every heavy duty truck on the road. I do not see Isuzu as a top engine manufacturer for diesels.
the 7.3 is used in heavy duty trucks... and some tractors i believe...
Old 06-12-2007, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by morkable

Kevin

You need to check your facts.The big brother twin setup is on the truck, has been for awhile. 11.4 is the fastest it has run thus far (with issues). It trapped 125 mph which is a high 10 sec. run. Biggest problem is they need more rpm.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by summit889
You need to check your facts.The big brother twin setup is on the truck, has been for awhile. 11.4 is the fastest it has run thus far (with issues). It trapped 125 mph which is a high 10 sec. run. Biggest problem is they need more rpm.
don't they run like 4800 rpm?? lol

Quick Reply: Nasty Girl VS. ?