Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Duramax Now Fastest Truck In World

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gear Jammer
"Last run of the day for the Sidewinder Type-D, 8.22 sec @ 164 MPH in the 1/4 mile. It now holds the title of Quickest Diesel Pickup Truck, and it is a Duramax. No smoke, running on pump #2 ULSD and nitrous, no propane, alchohol or other additiives.

I'm sure there will be more to report tomorrow.

Peter Treydte
Banks Power"
They have not accounted for the work being done on Dr. P's truck.... I think this weekend is only going to get more interesting...
Old 10-26-2007, 08:26 PM

Has anyone seen an official time slip on this yet, it seems to me that Banks has a problem with number accuracy. Just like they say their tuner will beat every one elses by a second or more.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:48 PM

I saw a timeslip from the 8.6 run, but so far none of the other runs.

I posted in another forum about the Cummins Sidewinder that got it's butt handed to it by the bentz dragster, and how on banks' webpage it says their 12.1 pass made it the quickest diesel pickup of the event. Several people say Maddog ran an 11.79 that same day. When I said that banks webpage contains a blatant lie, the banks guy asked what I was talking about....I pointed out the lie but he has yet to respond to the post, despite the fact he's already responded to someone else's post that was just before mine, so I know he saw it. Classic banks....never own the truth.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:28 PM

Is there going to be a showdown? Duramax VS Cummins
Link removed due to profanity
Old 10-26-2007, 10:09 PM

Isn't Maddog building a Cummins powered Ford race truck?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by bigdave
Isn't Maddog building a Cummins powered Ford race truck?
Ya think its going to snow this year?
I do not know "Maddog" but have heard that story for over 3 years (when I got out of the diesel drag thing)(cuz Im poor).
Old 10-26-2007, 10:58 PM

It's getting really interesting. Going to be a wild next year.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:35 PM

I think I will go and sell my cummins now..........nooooottttttt!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2007, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ron R
Ya think its going to snow this year?
I do not know "Maddog" but have heard that story for over 3 years (when I got out of the diesel drag thing)(cuz Im poor).

Richard will be on the track next year with the new drag truck. Over the past 3 years he has built a complete tube chassie, custom body work and twin turbo 12v engine in which he will be on the track with next year. I have seen pictures of the truck and unless it doesn't get painted this winter, it will be ready for next summer. From what I understand the drivetrain was the main complication although I could be wrong with what I heard.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:44 PM

So does this mean that we should stop blowing smoke with our cummins trucks, will that make them faster? Maybe thats the missing link that I didn't know was missing.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:31 AM

I know it's Banks, and I dislike them as much as the next guy. But reading this thread just makes me laugh. Most of you guys sound as if you are fighting back tears that a DURAMAX has beaten the mighty Cummins.
You come up with every excuse in the book.

When someone in the Cummins camp beats another Cummins powered truck, and someone complains, you say spend more money, or quit whinning, now Banks beats the Cummins, and you say things like, It just shows how deep his pockets are, or It's not a real truck.

I have yet to see an 8, or 9 second truck with all the original frame and body parts. So get over yourself already.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:47 PM

It isn't a a truck. Neither is Keatings, neither is the Predator truck, nor the wolverine. A truck body, yeah....a real truck, not really. Reverse the roles, if the Duramax had been the consistent king of performance over the years and all of a sudden a company such as Banks came along with a Cummins or even a PSD () and did the same D-max guys would act just the same. We're all no different no matter what brand we drive. Most people think it is funny how suddenly every Dmax fan thinks it is the new king. It's definitely got the potential, but it will take more than just one vehicle doing what Banks did to knock the Cummins off.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:42 PM

I know I will catch a lot of flack but, what a bunch of babys. Cant you just be ok with 1 D-max being quicker? "Its not a real truck" is that the best you can come up with to down it thats like saying John Force's car is not realy that fast becose its not a real car. why do people have to down others just becose they are in a higher class and have tons of $$$? Do you down BIG FOOT, Its just like Banks its a huge corp with many many millions of $$$ more than any other team out there. I bet if it was BD or Bully Dog yall wouldnt take it so bad I just dont see why yall hate Banks, I know its $$$ and you can get more HP per $ with some other things and I have but that dont make Banks stuff junk Most of it is realy nice stuff. I could go on for a long time but I know its pointless. So congrats to Banks if they realy did it but if not they need to fix there stuff. Buy the way a D-max took the win in both Diesel Power Chalenge held buy Diesel Power Mag. The Dmax came in 2nd in the sled pull a ford had 1st and dodge 3rd and the dodge had 102hp/153tq more . In the drag race the same D-max placed 1st and another dodge took 2nd and had 206hp/305tq more . So it looks like driver skill and truck setup has more to do with it than just raw HP and TQ. Buy the way dose it make you mad that Banks did it with little or no smoke? I love my 12-valves for how simple they are I still think that for the most part that the Cummins is a better motor but that dosent mean that I cant give credit to some one else for doing a good job. If you know that the Cummins is King (and it is in my book) then why are you all so insecure? Have a nice day.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:15 PM

I'm not crying. I enjoy the fact that there is some more competition and it will up the ante bigtime. I don't feel that it's actually a truck, it's my opinion and it's shared with a lot of people. It's a truck body, such as Force's vehicle is a car body.....pretty similar IMO, tube frames and stuff, just different engines and bodies, whatever they are made of.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Congrats Duramax!!

Quick Reply: Duramax Now Fastest Truck In World