Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

De Leon P&M Festival Pulls

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JDGnut
What happened to Lynn's truck.. Trans??
Guessing they were pulling Street trucks on the Outlaw (Ironman) sled.. and Modified on the HWH sled?:?

Not sure on Lynns truck. It pulled down to the end and then had a strange noice and died. They cranked on it(at least it looked that way from the stands) and did not get anything, so I am betting something else. I think his son was driving because I saw a concerned Lynn walking along side having an animated conversation as they towed it off.

They did pull modified on the HWH. I did not stay to see all the modifieds as the ones I saw were not that impressive. Bucks red truck seemed the most impressive pull to me.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:14 PM

Was wondering of those that made it to the DeLeon pull what you thought of the new track and what might be changed to make it even better, I will pass it on.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Fire Rescue124
i have vids of sat night. i think i have about 50 pulls on this vid so let me know if you pulled and what you were driving i will have the vid up in about a week or so on youtube and will post back on here. also if you want caption on your pull let me know.
I had the red truck, and no one I know got video of my pull. Can ya post it if ya don't mind??? Love the new facility othe than can't hear the anouncer very well. Oh and still couldn't believe we were finished arount midnight...

Oh yah if anyone sees my hitch runnin around please tell me, someone walked off with it. So needless to say I will never loan my hitch out again!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by HT3500
I had the red truck, and no one I know got video of my pull. Can ya post it if ya don't mind??? Love the new facility othe than can't hear the anouncer very well. Oh and still couldn't believe we were finished arount midnight...

Oh yah if anyone sees my hitch runnin around please tell me, someone walked off with it. So needless to say I will never loan my hitch out again!!!
That track had to be biting hard for you to make that pull with those little street tires on that truck.

As a spectator, that was the best pull I have every been to. It ran flawlessly the two nights I was there. With that facility it would be cool to two big shows a year. I wonder if the NHRA pullers would come down....now those are some wicked tractors.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:17 PM

They just need to draw more of the Outlaw classes.. but have just not had good luck getting the guys to travel this far.. Super Farm, LPS, LPS, LSS, DSS guys.. I think Taylor only had 2 LSS tractors show.. DeLeon would be better because they could get 3 night of points hooks..

Changes.. For the pullers.. There needs to be a place for them to sit, or a way to get into the stands.. other than going out the back gate, and through the parking lot to the other gate and back in. We were with the Outlaw guys.. but wanted to see the show better.. so we were back and forth most of the night.. but much better than its been in the past.. The area is looking great..

Chris.. Watch Jeff pull his M yesterday.. I think he's still got a few bugs to work out.. it started out good.. but under a heavy load it pop and banged to a hault.. with lots of steam coming out.. maybe another head gasket??? but he did get it started and drove it off the track.. Maybe one day we'll get to see both tractors on the same track... on the same day???
Bryan

Edit:.. Buck watch some of the video clips.. there was truck that looked like yours.. but had a slush box in it??
Old 08-18-2008, 05:30 AM

They just need to draw more of the Outlaw classes.. but have just not had good luck getting the guys to travel this far.. Super Farm, LPS, LPS, LSS, DSS guys.. I think Taylor only had 2 LSS tractors show.. DeLeon would be better because they could get 3 night of points hooks..

Chris.. Watch Jeff pull his M yesterday.. I think he's still got a few bugs to work out.. it started out good.. but under a heavy load it pop and banged to a hault.. with lots of steam coming out.. maybe another head gasket??? but he did get it started and drove it off the track.. Maybe one day we'll get to see both tractors on the same track... on the same day???
Bryan

Edit:.. Buck watch some of the video clips.. there was truck that looked like yours.. but had a slush box in it??
More Outlaw Classes would definately be good, but I have been told it coinsides with a big fair up north somewhere where all those classes pull.

I talked to Jeff and his tractor broke the pressure plate on the last hook in Deleon. His is a single disc crower, and he was asking about my setup. He did not say anything about the engine being hurt.....might be new news. His original problem a long time ago was burning pistons....and it still has cast pistons in it(coated and cryoed, but still cast), so that might be bad. I know the alcohol setup is just not working real well. If I can just get finished building this house I can start pulling. Right now I need about 10 days in every week and feel like I have 5, so pulling is just not fitting in the schedule. My tractor is ready to go, but it is usually a full day at least to make a pull and I dont have any open for a little while. You know the best running turbo setup is that 560. It does not make alot of power, but it runs good every time. Mine used to run good before I tryed making more power
Old 08-18-2008, 03:47 PM

Jeff, is having new problems.. I don't remember what he said he put in it for a clutch.. but its working.. and holding.. well I didn't get to see it under full load.. haha. I think he just needs to go to a port injection, with a higher pressure pump.. instead of feeding it all in before the turbo... but I'm no Alky guy... but I think its going to take some big changes to go to port injection.. which is the reason its currently like it is.. higher psi pump, valving.. injectors.. we'll see..
Its easy to sit here, and tell him what it needs.. haha.. He'll get it going...
Old 08-18-2008, 06:59 PM

Jeff, is having new problems.. I don't remember what he said he put in it for a clutch.. but its working.. and holding.. well I didn't get to see it under full load.. haha. I think he just needs to go to a port injection, with a higher pressure pump.. instead of feeding it all in before the turbo... but I'm no Alky guy... but I think its going to take some big changes to go to port injection.. which is the reason its currently like it is.. higher psi pump, valving.. injectors.. we'll see..
Its easy to sit here, and tell him what it needs.. haha.. He'll get it going...
Yeah, I know what you mean. I am no alky guy at all. I think it would be much better after the turbo. Feeding fuel through a compressor wheel will errode it in no time at all if the fuel is not fully atomized. A back fire would also be very scary....might just pitch the compressor and wheel down the track.

I do want to see it run and I have heard it has made a couple of good passes. I do know the alcohol is very temperature sensitive so that could be part of the problem; learning to tune it for weather.

I cant talk either with all the problems I have had keeping mine together. I do think it will work this time, but I have thought that before.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:16 PM

Wow I can't believe no one has video of my pull. Every time I break someone usually has a vid, but I win one finally and no vid...Not complaining, just makes me mad that we had 3 cameras at home and not one made it out to the pull, and none of my friends even took pictures oh well sorry didn't mean to complain...
Old 08-21-2008, 10:19 AM

Wow I can't believe no one has video of my pull. Every time I break someone usually has a vid, but I win one finally and no vid...Not complaining, just makes me mad that we had 3 cameras at home and not one made it out to the pull, and none of my friends even took pictures oh well sorry didn't mean to complain...
Are you coming to Stepheville next weekend?

Does anyone know if they are going to pull local classes as well?
Old 08-21-2008, 08:39 PM

I'll probably make it out, may not pull. Got new parts comin for the rearend, ended up breaking spiders @ DeLeon(thought it sounded funny at the end) about normal I guess....
Old 08-21-2008, 10:30 PM

I'll probably make it out, may not pull. Got new parts comin for the rearend, ended up breaking spiders @ DeLeon(thought it sounded funny at the end) about normal I guess....
Funny...I actually heard it pop at the top end there right before you let out of it. When you went off the end of the track the rearend bounced hard a couple times and it snapped loud enough I could hear it on the hwh side of the track. Whatcha puttin back in it?
Old 08-22-2008, 06:19 PM

SCS spool...
Old 08-26-2008, 01:54 PM

mechnech
do you know if Lynn got the truck back together.I hope he got something done about that timing this go round.I wonder if he will make it to Stville this weekend.I have been after him to get those Dodge parts out of that motor,its amazing how far a stock camshaft will take you!
Old 08-26-2008, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by woodscrew
mechnech
do you know if Lynn got the truck back together.I hope he got something done about that timing this go round.I wonder if he will make it to Stville this weekend.I have been after him to get those Dodge parts out of that motor,its amazing how far a stock camshaft will take you!
Dodge parts? I was under the impression it had a Cummins....

What did he break?

Quick Reply: De Leon P&M Festival Pulls